PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread Bengals @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will likely commit a few delay of game penalties and false starts on offense ,and Mac throwing up his hands in frustration while the defense holds fort. Thats been the pattern last few weeks.

I suspect the Pats will go up 35-0 with 5 TD tosses from Mac. Zappe will then come on for the final quarter and throw 3 interceptions and complete 1 pass. Pats hang on for the 35-28 win. The Zappites will claim Jones deflated the ball at the end of the 3rd.

Unfortunately. And The Bengals are arguably the 3rd best team after Buffalo and philly .
I would definitely take Cincinnati over Buffalo right now.

Bills are winning because of Allen. Nothing else. Buffalo has no run game and a shaky OL.

Bengals can beat you multiple ways. Running. Passing. Chase is arguably a top three receiver in the game. Higgins woukd be a #1 on many teams.

Buffalo and Cincinnati play in two weeks. That could potentially decide the 2 seed at minimum.

I do agree Philly is #1 in the league.

People are still sleeping on the Bengals and they are coming for the #1 seed. Pats better be ready.
They won't be. A tiger can't change it's stripes (to coin a phrase). I expect the Pats to play a sloppy game offensively, have untimely penalties and play braindead situational football. It's who they are at this point.

Coming off one of the toughest losses in years, this is going to be an incredibly tough game against one of the top teams in the league.

We have been right there most of the games this year with a chance to win, but have come up short on a few occasions. Let's see if we can bounce back and surprise everyone with a big win this week.

Let's discuss!!!!
i think we are done. This team is not winning another game this year. Someone wake Mr. Kraft up so he can do something about this current team

i think we are done. This team is not winning another game this year. Someone wake Mr. Kraft up so he can do something about this current team
I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm not giving up hope!!!!! We'll need to play better, but let's see if we can go out and surprise everyone!!!!

I do believe NE will win this game.

They have kind of had Cincinnati's number through the years.
Said like a true fan of the Chiefs, hoping they hold onto the #1 spot in their division

Burrow is uber-talented, and he has all the intangibles, and he may have the best 1-3 WRs in the NFL. Their RBs are passing game contributors too. Their offense is pretty much a nightmare for any defense. Their defense is good enough. Brady became the first quarterback to surpass 300 passing yards against them this season. They're 8th in run defense.

This isn't a good matchup for the Patriots. Offensively they don't have much beyond Stevenson at this point. Like heading into the matchup with Buffalo this is another game where they'll need to lopsidedly win the turnover battle (against a team that has the 3rd fewest turnovers in the NFL). Can't give up any freebees on ST either. Perhaps going back to Zappe would give the team a spark but a quarterback change seems unlikely. Doesn't look like the Patriots will be getting an assist from the weather either.

At least this game is at home....

That's all I got.
I think Mac wishes it was still on the Road...he's so bad not even home cooking can help him.

Pbs Kids Cooking GIF by WGBH Boston

Look what they did to the bucs. We are done
They had 4 short fields against the Bucs. Sure they cashed in but who knows if they could have come back without them. The Bucs have no O-line whatsoever. We have a shot in this game

Burrow is uber-talented, and he has all the intangibles, and he may have the best 1-3 WRs in the NFL. Their RBs are passing game contributors too. Their offense is pretty much a nightmare for any defense. Their defense is good enough. Brady became the first quarterback to surpass 300 passing yards against them this season. They're 8th in run defense.

This isn't a good matchup for the Patriots. Offensively they don't have much beyond Stevenson at this point. Like heading into the matchup with Buffalo this is another game where they'll need to lopsidedly win the turnover battle (against a team that has the 3rd fewest turnovers in the NFL). Can't give up any freebees on ST either. Perhaps going back to Zappe would give the team a spark but a quarterback change seems unlikely. Doesn't look like the Patriots will be getting an assist from the weather either.
i wonder who will cover chase and higgings. both of them are really good and can be physical as well, our cb in jack/marcus/jonathan jones are smaller and lighter i feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back