PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

agreed on Jesse Bates... he was tagged last year, iirc... so its very possible that he will hit actual free agency this time round... He's a pretty good free safety, and is only 26...
He’s top 5 at worst in my opinion.
I wanted us to draft him, I was a fan of his skill set.
Will be hard to get him to leave Cincy but if he is the guy we have the cap and the resources.

I really would like to see Jerry Jeudy here I think that’s worth a second or pair of mid round picks if Denver wants to move him.

CJ-GJ had already been made available during the previous offseason by NO, and Billy passed on him.
That was a mistake, my guess is Bill was asleep at the wheel Vs the Eagles who were turning over every rock.

Or we had so many bodies at the position it wasn’t a major need.
With Mccourty retiring it’s incredibly needed now.

I would love to get Hooper - Gesicki or Hurst at a reduced price and move on from H Henry. That should save us some $$$.
I think all three will get more than he's getting AAV, and we'd eat 5 million in dead money. No thanks.

How about TE Michael Mayer @ 14 baby Gronk he'll be right there. I think Bob might be tempted really good player would give Mac easy targets in the RZ. We have an anemic Offense Mayer would get back the middle of the field and put our Offense back on the map.

No.

When I saw that Move I thought what an incredible move by that front office.
And an equally terrible move by the Saints.
That’s like the Giants trading Toney and KC is like we have no idea why this kid wasn’t wanted he’s incredibly gifted great team mate used the word special.
I was hoping to get in on that as well.

you think Hooper is a candidate to get tagged? I'm not sure about that...

I should find a list of potential tagging candidates for each team, get a better idea of what might be available
I don['t think he will, but I wouldn't be shocked. That's peanuts for an experienced and decent TE in today's game.

I don['t think he will, but I wouldn't be shocked. That's peanuts for an experienced and decent TE in today's game.
outside shot at maybe a transition tag, but not franchise tag worthy imo

I really would like to see Jerry Jeudy here I think that’s worth a second or pair of mid round picks if Denver wants to move him.
I've mentioned him before on here.. he's definitely attainable as he's on his rookie deal.. he would be perfect.. I still feel we need at least 2 impact WRs, pair that with we already have and we definitely have an offense to game plan for..

Jones will want to be paid as a CB and Not as a FS.
Jones got a extension I believe in '19, a bump up from what he was being paid from a undafted player.. he's absolutely a product of the system.. hard working player.. hard to say if other GMs will view him as a 10 million dollar corner..I don't think he's a number 1 more a good #2 or slot corner.

what were they asking, any idea?

August 30, 2022: Traded by Saints with a 2025 7th round pick to Eagles for a 2023 5th round pick and a 2024 6th round pick

- As per PFR & Wikipedia

EDIT: Sorry guys, you beat me to it!

EDIT, Part 2: Julian Love (mentioned on page 1) & CJ-GJ were Both available, as were others, long, LONG after Billy traded UP!!! for SloJuan.

Last edited:
I would love to get Hooper - Gesicki or Hurst at a reduced price and move on from H Henry. That should save us some $$$.
Good morning Cousins.
I awake as my "season" has begun.
Started off my morning with a little OJ and a hot cup of coffee with a mocha chocolate sweetener. Then I was treated to a large coffer cake muffin heated just right so as not to dry out.

Gesicki would be a stalwart pick up. I don't want to use him as Hunter's replacement but as perhaps the Hernandez Wing Back TE role. At 235 Lbs, Hernandez wasn't blocking anybody. Gesicki will occasionally play on the line but makes his money in the slot. 2022 was an outlier for him. They tried to have him as an "on the line TE" . And with Waddle and Hill his targets decreased. "Mike Gesicki played more snaps out of the slot than any other TE in 2021 as he set career highs in yards/catches. He considers himself a big slot WR" 2022 being a down year for him could have a price advantage.
I want to keep Hunter. Now you have two red zone threats. Meyers was a nice target but was not that guy.

Now I look at him to play slot and be a reliable target for Jones. He needs that saftey blanket and Meyers will command somewhere north of $16mm. Good for him. Bad for us.

Not a locker room politician, he would fit our culture.
Now I would look to trade Jonnu Smith. He has value. He was not used correctly by Patricia. He could be the Evan Engram TE/WR hybrid in 2023 for somebody. He is not a "move-the-chains" guy like Gesicki that we need we will lose in Meyers. Someone used the comparison of Jimmy Graham#2 for Mike. I would take that.
DW Toys

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back