PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-draft contacts don't mean much

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
On May 1st the Providence Journal published a list of about 50 prospect connected with the Patriots for Day Three of the draft. I did a quick scan of this list and only found one guy that the Patriots actually drafted, Bledsoe. Maybe I missed a name or two but those are long odds.

It can't, really; they're only going to draft a small number of players they have contact with.

Plus the more they can disguise their interest, the better for them. As an example, rather than have Nate Solder come visit them in 2011, they had Scar go out to see him in Colorado.

And IIRC Jake Bailey had no contact at all with the Pats pre-draft.

Sometimes meetings are with prospects you're on the fence about or want to get info on for one reason or the other. Meetings don't necessarily mean you really like the prospect.

On May 1st the Providence Journal published a list of about 50 prospect connected with the Patriots for Day Three of the draft. I did a quick scan of this list and only found one guy that the Patriots actually drafted, Bledsoe. Maybe I missed a name or two but those are long odds.

Absolutely zero link. It can be to fill gaps in a report that hasn't been done after the season is done. Has zero link to team interest or who they will draft.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back