PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread POST GAME THREAD: Week 3 - Patriots Beat the Jets 15-10

Immediate Postgame Reactions
i havent seen any updates on Godchaux and Ekaule's injuries, or Henry for that matter.. if those are serious that will hurt

at some point we'll get some reinforcements from PUP/IR, like Marcus Jones and Tyquan Thornton

i havent seen any updates on Godchaux and Ekaule's injuries, or Henry for that matter.. if those are serious that will hurt

at some point we'll get some reinforcements from PUP/IR, like Marcus Jones and Tyquan Thornton
I hope Marcus and Ty can play DL...

Nope. I'm currently taking too much enjoyment from all the talk about Mac being a dirty player for going after Sauce's... ahem. :rofl:
I know. I'm calling it Scrotumgate. I sort of admire the little rascal for his..."competitiveness," and they were bouncing him around pretty good out there. A tempest in a teapot.

I know. I'm calling it Scrotumgate. I sort of admire the little rascal for his..."competitiveness," and they were bouncing him around pretty good out there. A tempest in a teapot.
I kind of think he was trying to get Sauce to react to try and get a flag, but those refs weren’t calling anything on the poor woebegone Jets.

You conveniently leave out 1. On the road 2. In the pouring rain, 3. Against one of the best defences in the NFL 4. Missing 3 of their 4 starting CBs, etc.

Your posts grade out between C- and C as you always tell only the side of the story that supports your position. My average grade is a 93.6 because I am super nice.
LOL. I do indeed support my views. I would have thought that might be a good thing. I will stipulate that the game took place on a rainy New Jersey day and that every player was not in perfect health. Your conclusion, based on these facts, is what exactly? - that the Pats are a good team this year? Seems like a stretch to me. I will also concede that I am not consistently "super nice." In fact, I will say the fact that this phony, easily and often faked "virtue," niceness - which has by now largely supplanted all the other more substantial virtues - the worthwhile ones like honesty, rationality, directness, purposefulness, soundness of judgment, and so on - is about as clear an indication of moral decadence as is to be found these days. To call someone "nice" is to damn with faint praise. The other day my sister was telling me how very NICE her new doctor is. My answer: "So what?"

LOL. I do indeed support my views. I would have thought that might be a good thing. I will stipulate that the game took place on a rainy New Jersey day and that every player was not in perfect health. Your conclusion, based on these facts, is what exactly? - that the Pats are a good team this year? Seems like a stretch to me. I will also concede that I am not consistently "super nice." In fact, I will say the fact that this phony, easily and often faked "virtue," niceness - which has by now largely supplanted all the other more substantial virtues - the worthwhile ones like honesty, rationality, directness, purposefulness, soundness of judgment, and so on - is about as clear an indication of moral decadence as is to be found these days. To call someone "nice" is to damn with faint praise. The other day my sister was telling me how very NICE her new doctor is. My answer: "So what?"

Fortunately it is possible to be nice AND honest, rational, direct, purposeful, and sound.

Fortunately it is possible to be nice AND honest, rational, direct, purposeful, and sound.
It is indeed. I wish I had the knack. I try to patch the holes in my temperament with humor. This works intermittently.

You must be watching a different game than the rest of us! Mac was lucky he didn't throw a pick six on that awful screen pass. By my count he was something like 4 for 12 passing on third down. If not for the completely blown coverage by the Jetes, his stat line would be awful!

Got stuffed on a crucial third down run too! Only the fact that they were playing a god awful Zach Mcmilfson allowed them to win this game.

I’m pretty sure many feel the same way, and others don’t. Jones is responsible for some of their failures to keep drives going, but I’m seeing too many failures from dropped passes, missed blocks, and costly penalties to put the blame on him. I just don’t think those around him are carrying their share of the load. When they do it will become easier to evaluate Jones play.

I hated the fact they needed 3rd and 4 or whatever it was and they were slinging it thirty yards downfield.

Get the damned first down.

Agree completely.

Here is the video that Gardner sent in claiming that it shows Mac grab his stick.... Umm.. Hmmm... Decide for yourself.

You can’t really tell for sure but let’s face it, Mac probably did it. He’s got a growing reputation for being dirty. Not the first thing he’s done.

The problem is that Mac has established a track record for bush league plays like this. So it’s hard to give him the benefit of doubt for this area of misconduct.
I encourage the bush league play because the Jets tried to badly injure him twice, once when they grabbed him by the larynx and started choking him in the pile, and then when they threw him to the ground after the whistle. If this was hockey, that would be called retribution. Or in baseball you retaliate by throwing at a batter. Don't want your nuts hit? Then stop playing dirty.

Not consistently..
4th and 1 at midfield they punted with 10 minutes to go. So they were playing conservatively because they didn't respect Wilson and they didn't expect 3 straight flags from boneheaded plays to give the Jets another life. I mean, it was clear they weren't taking any risks whatsoever.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back