PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread...We are the Champions!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross - At DT, they have Brown, Valentine and Hamilton. At DE, they have Flowers..

The rest are free agents. They need more than "help" at DE. They need the bookend to Flowers.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them take a DE and and OT early..
True, I guess I was assuming guys like Branch and Nink would be back. DE is a need either way.

He's been making it a point that hes wants to be paid PAID like a SB champion last night, I doubt we are going to give him what he's looking for based on what he said looks like he wants a big contract and was excited about going into free agency as a champion so I take it he's going to the highest bidder, dont see him taking a discount to stay here but we'll see

I didn't see him say that as I didn't watch most of the post game stuff.. Assuming he did, then yes, he's probably gone though I think he's going to find his options limited because of his reputation..

Ross - At DT, they have Brown, Valentine and Hamilton. At DE, they have Flowers..

The rest are free agents. They need more than "help" at DE. They need the bookend to Flowers.

Mr. Combined Roster Moves shouldn't forget about Kilgo! We could be talking about him this time next year ..

Who was the last one to have three in a row (salary cap counting only)?

I didn't see him say that as I didn't watch most of the post game stuff.. Assuming he did, then yes, he's probably gone though I think he's going to find his options limited because of his reputation..

I'm paraphrasing but he said SBs increase value in FA. He sounded like hes looking forward to hitting the market but I certainly don't take that as being unhappy here.

He wants to get paid which is his right. I don't blame him one bit.

Who else lost it when Brady was on the ground in tears of joy when the confetti was falling down? I've never seen him break down like that made a grown ass man like myself tear up

Tom Brady, Patriots earn stunning win in greatest Super Bowl yet

I've known Galynn Brady for a long time, and she's an unfailingly sweet, understated and understandably revered woman. And while I'm fairly sure that she and the other members of the Brady family haven't been very happy with me over the past two years, given some of the strong opinions I've voiced about the deflated-ball scandal that led to the four-game suspension served by the quarterback to start the 2016 season, some things are bigger than football, and like many others, I've been sincerely sending heartfelt thoughts Mrs. Brady's way.

And so, on the most Super Sunday of all, it felt necessary to make that clear. As one of the most amazing athletes I've ever had the pleasure of watching emerged fully dressed from his postgame shower about 90 minutes after completing the ultimate mic drop, I looked him in the eye and congratulated him, and he looked me in the eye and said thanks, and we had a brief conversation that reminded me why I've loved covering him for the past 16 years.

I told Brady that what he'd just done was one of the most unbelievable things I'd ever witnessed, and that I was happy for him -- and that I understand that some things are more important than football and am pulling for him and his loved ones as they confront the challenges that truly matter.

He could have rightfully blown me off, or given me a cursory nod, but instead, he thanked me and gave me a heartfelt handshake that let me know he really meant it. He then left me with three words that evoked memories of less-strained times and made me grateful that he'd gotten this shot at redemption -- and converted in a way that was truly magical.

"Take care, babe," Brady said, smiling like an exhausted warrior celebrating a bittersweet and taxing triumph.

I've covered so many of his great moments, including five Super Bowl victories. Both of us understood that this one had been the greatest of all -- end of story.

I hate to admit this, but I was bawling my eyes out that last overtime drive. I don't think there was a doubt in anyone's mind that that drive was ending in a TD. That drive and the entire narrative of the game was just the perfect poetic capstone on the last 16 years.

I could see him in Seattle. Jimmy Graham hasn't done much, and the Bennett brothers would obviously love to be on the same team.

one underrated part of the game. Pats wasted so much time and ran so many plays in the 3rd Q even for a FG, in the end that wore out the falcons.
one underrated part of the game. Pats wasted so much time and ran so many plays in the 3rd Q even for a FG, in the end that wore out the falcons.

The Pats ran 93 plays for the game to the Falcons 46. It was clear the Falcons were sucking wind badly in the 4th quarter. You could just see the doubt began to creep into the "Dirty Birds". The end result with a little help from the Falcons was inevitable.

i didnt see any fireworks! where was this at in the city

Is Vollmer a FA? He should be back next year. Can't completely rely on that though I guesss.

i didnt see any fireworks! where was this at in the city
didnt see it either was reported in the paper and on twitter downtown. I wasnt downtown,

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back