PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats....Onto the AFC Championship Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

This was far from a great showing. Lucky for ***weiler. Hope hogan's ok. Need him next week.
Well a $$weiler had a lot to do with people predicting a blow out. And they blew em out. Go figure. Now we can get over the "DONT OVERLOOK THE TEEXXXXANNNNZ, ANY GIVE SUNDERRRRP!" threads

Best defense in the playoffs remaining, Pats commit a ton of turnovers, still score 34 and cover the 16-point spread...

Every other defense left in the AFC playoffs (and even in the NFC) is not as good, and assuming the Pats don't repeatedly fumble and throw INTs, should do just fine for themselves.

Just hope Hogan and Bennett are okay. Gotta get Mitchell back.

I don't care. They won't face assweiler anymore either. They will face ben or smith who doesn't beat himself like ***weiler

We didn't play our best on offense but we still won and BB has a lot to coach to this week. KC is the only other defense that could even remotely challenge us like Houston did today.

I want Mitchell back ASAP. Floyd is not on the same page; not running through the play, alligator arms. Mitchell please, and Hogan uninjured.

I disagree about the alligator arms but he definitely is still not on the same page and to be used effectively most probably needs designed plays. On a rewatch a lot of the beat writers will see him gesturing a few times at the LOS before the snap not being sure WTF he is supposed to do. That was most visible on the snap before his 15yd OPI.

I think Mitchell would be a lot more valuable to move the sticks than Floyd.

That wasn't a blowout. If Osweiler takes care of the ball, we're freaking out. That last pick was a bad throw/decision. The score feels good, but the Texans blew a great opportunity, especially withe the Patriots' turnovers. I trust they'll be sharper next week.
It was a blowout.

Well a $$weiler had a lot to do with people predicting a blow out. And they blew em out. Go figure. Now we can get over the "DONT OVERLOOK THE TEEXXXXANNNNZ, ANY GIVE SUNDERRRRP!" threads

Still wasn't pretty. Another QB would have taken advantage. This team's goint golfing if they bring this type of game next week.

Brady, luckily, IS the type to rebound from subpar performances & shine. Hoping that'll be the case next game. Was off, especially early

That wasn't a blowout. If Osweiler takes care of the ball, we're freaking out. That last pick was a bad throw/decision. The score feels good, but the Texans blew a great opportunity, especially withe the Patriots' turnovers. I trust they'll be sharper next week.
It was a blowout

I don't care. They won't face assweiler anymore either. They will face ben or smith who doesn't beat himself like ***weiler
You're right - but my point is the OFFENSE scored 34 points on the Texans D despite multiple fumbles and INTs. The other AFC teams are not as good defensively as Houston. Who the QBs are for these teams makes no difference when talking strictly about their defenses.

There isn't a defense left that can stop our offense. And our defense stops everyone they face.

We pulled out a great win in the end. Everyone just buckled down and did their job.

Defense played awesome. Only gave up 16 points even though we basically gifted the Texans 10 of those points on 2 turnovers.

Game ball - Dion Lewis no doubt about it. He was the spark that stirred our drink.
Also first time in playoff history - Catch for TD, Kickoff return for TD, and Rush for TD!
Dion was dynamite!!

hqdefault.jpg

Pats played sloppy in the first half but tightened it up in the 2nd half.
Defense exposed Osweiler and forced him into 3 interceptions.
Really loving what I'm seeing from them.

Also glad to see that Bennet was not seriously hurt, we're going to continue to need him for this playoff run.

So now we wait to see if we play the Steelers or Chiefs in Foxboro!
Very nice! Go Pats!!!

That was a blowout. Not my problem you choose to ignore facts.

I'm also glad Dion was the first guy to have a Rushing, Receiving and Return TD in the playoffs. At the very least it takes that potential honor away from that pregnant woman beating piece of **** tyreek hill

I thought the Pats D played better than the Texans D. Pats O still scored 27 (ST scored 7) with almost 400 yards total offense. I still would rather play the Texans D than the Broncos D.

Osweiler heard footsteps all game. He needs to get over that or he's out of the League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes