PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread-Super Bowl Champs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos for the superb job Gladys Knight did with the anthem.

Wonder how close bb was in terms of going for it on that 4th instead of attempting the fg
It would have been something to see both Brady and Vinatieri out there against the Rams again--both heroes from SB 36 long ago when it started. Could have been possible since Vin is still playing.

The 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1985 Chicago Bears, 1986 New York Giants, 1990 New York Giants, 2000 Baltimore Ravens, 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2013 Seattle Seahawks and 2015 Denver Broncos. All Super Bowl Champions and widely regarded and acclaimed as some of the greatest and most dominant defenses of all time. Fact: None of these teams managed to hold their Super Bowl opponent to 3 points like the 2018 New England Patriots did :). Keep in mind too that the game today is more offensive than ever. Simply phenomenal :)

Andrew Whitworth getting very Existential:

"At the end of the day, you're all going to die."

">

lol

Brady isn't going to die, he has immortalized himself and carved out his place in history

I bet it was a gut punch for jets fans to see joe namath walk the lombardi last night. on the 50th anniversary of their last super bowl win lolol.

Still gives me chills

That was The Ugliest Show on Turf!
Jared Goff is basically an extension of Sean Mcvay on the field. He is a puppet unlike Brady who is a mini offensive coordinator on the field. Bill knew this and took advantage of it and it worked beautifully

The 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1985 Chicago Bears, 1986 New York Giants, 1990 New York Giants, 2000 Baltimore Ravens, 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2013 Seattle Seahawks and 2015 Denver Broncos. All Super Bowl Champions and widely regarded and acclaimed as some of the greatest and most dominant defenses of all time. Fact: None of these teams managed to hold their Super Bowl opponent to 3 points like the 2018 New England Patriots did :). Keep in mind too that the game today is more offensive than ever. Simply phenomenal :)

And as another poster deftly pointed out, basically those teams jumped to huge leads which allowed the D's to tee off on the QB.
Given how tight the score was, the Patriots' D couldn't deviate/play one dimensional whatsoever.

A fellow diehard Patriots fan before the game said to me "the Patriots D matches up incredibly well with the Rams. As long as the Rams don't have too much success running the ball, the D will kill it" (I told him to quit drinking so early in the morning). Ultimately I think this was a combination of the D peaking at the right time (rush D finally tightening, pass rush at the next level, secondary really coming together) and the match up favoring the Patriots.
Either way, the Rams were singularly stonewalled. A lot of blame on Goff, however, the guy was under attack half the time and half his passes were to receivers covered like a blanket. Under those circumstances and unable to establish a running game, any QB was going to be seriously struggling to move the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye