PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Pats @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense played overall well. The Jets scored 14 points off a great McCown throw against Jonathan Jones and a mistake by Butler. Afterwards they scored 3. Even if you spot them something on that ASJ cluster**** it was still a pretty good showing by a depleted defense.

The offense has moments where the running game flashes and they can just cut through the opponent at will. What is missing is really a short yardage option that is not called Amendola. You dont want to break you Dola so putting him in strategically makes sense but leaves a void sometimes. I hope that Burkhead next week can help with that.

Apart from that we got the win, the defense is tightening things up, the OL played more consistently and the next game is at home against a Falcons team that lost to the Dolphins. Things could be worse in October..

Dan Fotus Chat's a lot of pointless ****. Prefer Romo.

Offensive - We were ok. Nothing special still don't think we are firing on all cylinders yet. Run game was a lot better today, felt we were more than solid with that. Brady was good enough today which is all we need.

Defence - Improvement, no matter what anyone says.

Pass Rush was good at points.
Still giving up to many yards but we are seeing more of a Bend but don't break attitude which i like.
Alan Branch and Malcom Brown were an awful lot better today.
HT was as good as always.
ILB - is a worry, would be good if we can get Bowman in there to help.

Secondary was better, J-Jones played good coverage as did the rest. We were unlucky with some plays.

TURNOVERS - This is a very good sign for this team if we can start to create more of these as the season goes on.

Special teams.

Gost missed one FG apart from that was good.
Allen - One decent punt but apart from that was very poor again.

There is still lots to improve on but at least we are improving which is all that matters.

Were onto Atlanta.

Last edited:
Fouts repeatedly babbling about the “controversial” call for an hour. STFU dude. I hate the touchback rule but it was called correctly.
Lol. Im a pats fan but that was one of the most horrific calls ive ever seen

Yeah, but they also hung only 17 on the Dolphins and lost.

AT HOME and don't forget Buffalo went in there a couple of weeks ago and beat them

Bad biased commentators.
Sloppy game but great division win.
Offense had spots of greatness but stall often too.
Hate to say it but defense helped save the day. Mainly butler with the int and then jarring the ball loose in that reversal. If you watch the replay the ball was still loose slightly when he was out of bounds.

The strategy of giving the QB 5 seconds+ and trusting our awesome d-back schemes is an utter failure. Get some damned energy UP FRONT and hurry the throws.

They have Flowers, Wise, HT, and Marsh - yeah, Marsh. They have some horses.
Times 1000

A game I look forward to forgetting

Defense played better I guess, offense was poor based on the standard they have set

It will only get tougher

but as long as they have TB, Gronk, Cooks, Dola, High, D-Mac available
this team has a chance
I'm still more than a little concerned about the defense. Also the offense wasn't sharp for the second straight week. We need to do a lot better next week now that we are playing a legitimately good opponent.

Fortunately the Falcons just gagged against the Dolphins. Hopefully their confidence is down and they are still spooked by the Super Bowl.

One thing I guess we can say is that the Pats have largely (and barely) persevered in the crunch time situations. They've had to rally, play from behind and make last second stops. Hopefully these experiences benefits us down the road.

I really feel like the front 7 is a bigger problem than then the backend. NO ONE can cover for 6-plus seconds every damn play. Gotta find some pass rush

With 10 days off...I expected a lot more...but with no Rowe/Gilmore...Ill take the W. O sputtered a lot but so did the Jets luckily

Knowing they can win close games...can help down the road...so hopefully it does

Why not show the replay from behind the end zone? It was clear he didn't have control when he touched the line with his arm.

They kept showing inconclusive replays.

The NFL had a conclusive replay.

It was the right call.

I can't tell you why CBS showed the proper angle only once.

Should change the rule to make jets ball on 2 or something.

But great win! Close just like i said! Prescient!

Great win guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore