PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats Destroy the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most amazing and telling stats of Pats team and individual effort was about YAC. Pats had 130 yac and Titans around 30 at one point in the game. Amazing execution in tackling and blocking..

Brady, scrambling and jumping, was able to get that ball to Lewis positioned for him to run for a near 1st... can 50% of the starting QB's in the league throw that ball properly if they're not being pressured?

I'm trying to figure out this morning why I was worried before the game last night :D lol I did believe they would win, but man I'm so happy with how they dominated:)

Ehh....

Whether you call it "overcomes" or "makes do", Bill the coach often bails out Bill the GM.

Acknowledging that doesn't diminish what BB does. It's a good thing, like Brady overcoming a bad play call, or McDaniels overcoming a slightly off Brady with a good game plan. BB's does a good job on the GM side of things, but he's a much better coach than GM, and that allows him to make up for a lot of GMing deficiencies/mistakes, year after year.

A month or 2 ago, I would have agreed with you. However, I'm starting to get just the smallest bit of hope that there is real potential in this front 7. M. Flowers has really been coming on, and Butler has been quietly doing his thing all year as well. Wise is better than both of those guys and has lots of room to grow.

And that's additional to the "known quantities" in T. Flowers, Van Noy, Brown, Branch. All very solid players (Flowers is more than solid IMO). No, we don't have a Chandler Jones type guy, but we did flip that money into much of the above.

Earlier this season I often called this the worst front 7 in football. I no longer believe that to be the case by a long shot.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out this morning why I was worried before the game last night :D lol I did believe they would win, but man I'm so happy with how they dominated:)

I was nervous because absolutely no one gave Tennessee a chance. Of course, they were correct.

Are the snap counts out yet? I just realized a few minutes ago that Eric Lee did not even cross my mind once all yesterday. I also missed the inactives, maybe he was on that list...

I was nervous because absolutely no one gave Tennessee a chance. Of course, they were correct.

I gave them a chance. I'd say about 5%. It would have taken a lot of things to go wrong to lose. Any team can beat any team. Once I saw Brady was looking healthy i knew the game was over though. One of the things they needed to win was a terrible/hurt Brady. Once that wasn't happening I knew it was a matter of time before the Pats built up at least a 2 TD lead. Even I didn't think it would be such a dominating total performance though in all phases after the first quarter.

Even if you feel the Titans are garbage, we still have to feel incredibly good about our prospects.

How often do teams post 35 points - or a 21-pt win - without a single forced turnover?

And, despite that, the offense wasn't performing anywhere near its ceiling: Hogan and Cooks, our primary deep threats, combined for 36 yards. A 400-yd day for Brady was not out of the question in this game.

Last edited:
All the normal chatter out here in Browns, Lions, Steeler territory. Refs favored Pats otherwise Tenn had a chance to win. blah blah blah. Pats are cheaters. Brady over rated. Gronk pushed off..
Washing my Pats tees so there are nice and clean for the gym next week..

Further proof that the whole ‘people hate the pats because they cheat’ arguments are total bs. These p******* will always find a reason ti whine. They cried about the tuck rule until spy gate.... the pats are hated because they win plain and simple.

Its a 35-14 blowout and people are focused on 2 iffy calls in quarter 2, pretty much sums up the jealousy and bitterness towards the team since 01.

Did anyone notice how Gronk was barely getting set when they snapped the ball? I think a few times he wasn't set long enough. I just watched on twitter TB12's top 5 throws. He threw one to Gronk and Gronk started in the backfield and he was coming to lineup on the left side of the line and he was still coming forward when the ball was snapped. I usually laugh at the other fans saying the refs are for the Pats but last night was really bad. They missed a ton of calls.

Did anyone notice how Gronk was barely getting set when they snapped the ball? I think a few times he wasn't set long enough. I just watched on twitter TB12's top 5 throws. He threw one to Gronk and Gronk started in the backfield and he was coming to lineup on the left side of the line and he was still coming forward when the ball was snapped. I usually laugh at the other fans saying the refs are for the Pats but last night was really bad. They missed a ton of calls.

They missed calls on both sides, and they've been letting offensive players get away with more movement this year. I don't know why that is, but it is.

I know the Titans are garbage, but we still have to feel incredibly good about prospects.

How often do teams post 35 points - or a 21-pt win - without a single forced turnover?

And, despite that, the offense wasn't performing anywhere near its ceiling: Hogan and Cooks, our primary deep threats, combined for 36 yards. A 400-yd day for Brady was not out of the question in this game.

The Titans aren't garbage. Seriously. They were just outmatched and outcoached by Belichick, Brady, and Co.

The Titans OL and DL are some of the best in the game. Enough can't be said about the Titans losing Conklin, an ALL-PRO at RT.

The Titans biggest problems are their lack of depth on the DL. LeBeau's penchant for not rotating in players made it easy for the Pats to run that defense ragged.. The Pats had 80+ offensive plays in the game. Typical is about 60-65. So that's a lot of extra plays their guys weren't used to..

Not enforcing being set for one second was really obvious last night - need to watch that - another crew might not be so lenient.

Very good tackling by the Pats, in contrast to the eagles falcons game where there were many missed tackles

Anybody have the skinny on JJ?

That Loyko guy said it was an Achilles?

He said it looked like an achilles injury. But that was before JJ walked off the field so who knows.

He doesn’t have to set when he is in motion

A month or 2 ago, I would have agreed with you. However, I'm starting to get just the smallest bit of hope that there is real potential in this front 7. M. Flowers has really been coming on, and Butler has been quietly doing his thing all year as well. Wise is better than both of those guys and has lots of room to grow.

And that's additional to the "known quantities" in T. Flowers, Van Noy, Brown, Branch. All very solid players (Flowers is more than solid IMO). No, we don't have a Chandler Jones type guy, but we did flip that money into much of the above.

Earlier this season I often called this the worst front 7 in football. I no longer believe that to be the case by a long shot.
That's been the talking point of the mediots all year and heard it this week too that our front seven is bad. They may want to rethink that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe