PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats beat Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the last home game of the season we had any reasonable chance of losing.

Now the #1 seed comes down to the next 2 weeks and hoping the Chiefs slip up in one of their last 4 games.

Our last two games at home against the Bills and Jets are essentially playoff tune up games, outside of Belichick going full 2015 crazy mode again.

That was a satisfying win

Best tackling I have see from the defense in a very long time. They have come out with purpose after the bye. Let's just hope the O continues to find their groove. Great game overall, except for that 2 mins before the half and the first drive of the third. Those are things they can work on

i wonder if it is still too early . or can we finally put to rest the all-popular defence sucks “takes“..?

(maybe until next GDT is more realistic..;))

Defense was stellar! Being able to hold Diggs and Thielen for only 78 yards (and 10 catches) is really good and it shows that we are ready to deal with Pitsburgh (althought their Rushing capabilites are way better)

Our Offense is very hot and cold still... Fouls, bad playcalling and poor execution often show up in our games and combined, no less. We are running out of time to smooth things over, but it's clear that if we are able to pull it all together we are near unstopable.

Knee jerk reactions:

One really bad series by the defense the rest looked like the best performance this year. The tackling was mostly much improved and coverages tighter. There are still holes in the run game but it is on a different magnitude than the debacle that was last year's run defense.

The offense is slowly coming along and getting more consistent. I have said it during the GDT but it looked like they were setting up the deeper plays throughout the first 2.5 quarters only to come back to them later in the game. The Vikings have a very good run defense so on some level this was an excellent opponent to see where you are with your own run game.

The one thing that deserves to be pointed out in a negative way was Gronk.

I don't know if he lacks confidence right now, whether he is hobbled or maybe just not focused enough but today might have been his worst outing as a Patriot. Penalties, blocking mishaps, no separation, not going back into throws but waiting for them to arrive.

I was hoping he'd show flashes of his usual self post BYE and certainly will not call him toast or whatever. But for now he has moved into the "concerned by" pile. I hope he can kinda show some upward trajectory through December and get closer to his usual self as we move towards the postseason.

Brady's pick was a confluence of things going wrong and is mostly on Brown. But you'd think that if Brady is so careful to just immediately kill the screen play on the first drive in the second half he'd also not throw a pass like that being 2 scores up at the end of the game. Doubt that he will make that mistake again any time soon.

Last edited:

I had to capture this because tell me you don't see what I see - which is Brady trying to kneel for a gain and then tell the ref to note where the ball was XD

Well, no gain, but otherwise he loses his 1,000 yards lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back