PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats at Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion is that an acceptable price for a 26 year old who finished 2nd in voting for NFC defensive player of the year???
Perhaps Belichick should have advertised Jones as the 2017 DPOY runner up in March of 2016. Surely that would have increased his trade value.

Last edited:
He’s terrible. I think that idea is starting to sink in. This will be his 23rd game here, on Sunday.
I can pin point one very good catch (I think from the playoffs) and one decent game. Otherwise he doesn't done anything in all that time.

1. You're accusing me of the wrong fallacy.

2. Bird boy's tweet is literally putting most of the blame on Brady. The first and the second. You can infer that he worded it poorly if you'd like, but the first tweet is pretty damning.

Now if you're of the correct opinion that the WRs are a problem, how well do you expect the quarterback to play? We heard this same crap in 2013 and as soon as the WR position was fixed going into the following season, Brady suddenly wasn't a "problem" anymore.

Not sure why you are such a **** to him. He at least produces content of substance. If you disagree show it on the tape not with words.

Most people who know even a modicum about the game can see that. What’s disturbing here is that Lazar breaks down film and is still having trouble putting 2 and 2 together (although there is hope because he also clarified that the WRs are a problem).

You guys have not watched the game I guess. Hogan was open for a first down on third down during the first drive. Brady was inaccurate.

Dorsett was wide open for another third down the next drive (or maybe drive 3) and Brady overthrew him.

The two third and outs on those moronic quick snaps are on Brady as well. He gets up to the line so fast that half of his teammates are not set yet. Either show more patience or check to a different play especially on third down.

And lets not forget the grounding.

Those are all things that have zilch to do with his WR not getting separation. He is human and he makes mistakes as everyone does. Nobody is saying he is to blame for the loss, but at the same time he didn’t have a good game either.

You guys have not watched the game I guess. Hogan was open for a first down on third down during the first drive. Brady was inaccurate.

Dorsett was wide open for another third down the next drive (or maybe drive 3) and Brady overthrew him.

The two third and outs on those moronic quick snaps are on Brady as well. He gets up to the line so fast that half of his teammates are not set yet. Either show more patience or check to a different play especially on third down.

Those are all things that have zilch to do with his WR not getting separation. He is human and he makes mistakes as everyone does. Nobody is saying he is to blame for the loss, but at the same time he didn’t have a good game either.

They should have no issue hitting playaction on those quit hitter stretch runs after the predictability we saw Sunday. I’d slip someone downfield ala Dobson vs NYJ years ago which resulted in 6.

I watched it. I blame him for the Hogan and White misses as well as the desperation heave to Dorsett. He clearly doesn't trust Patterson though and that's been evident since TC. Patterson has never been the best route runner and that he's even on the field running routes at that point in time for this team is an indictment of the man that staffs the personnel for this team. He got Gordon for a reason. The throw that he "sailed" on Dorsett earlier looked like he was expecting Dorsett's route to break maybe 4-5 yards deeper than it did. The coverage also looks like it would have helped that belief. That Lazar doesn’t make any mention of that is why I’m cautioning against leaning too heavily on guys like him.

But yeah, all that being said, he made a few miscues. He does them in every game no matter how talented the team is around him. Every position on the field has plays they’d like back. That's what happens during football games. But to say he deserves a lot of blame in a tweet is asinine. Again, when he's handed a WR situation that piss poor, how well do you reasonably expect him to play?

But to say he deserves a lot of blame in a tweet is asinine.

The thing is that I am not sure you are reading it correctly. I took it as there were more than "a few" plays where he simply made a mistake. Now saying he deserves a lot of the blame for the situation overall is asinine, I agree.

Either way I rather have a game where Brady was bad than seeing that there really was no one open at any point. Because with Brady I know that this is an aberration and when he sees some of the tape it will fuel him even more.

The problem is this: they CAN NOT get off the field after 3rd down. This is keeping the offense on the bench for a longggg time. No chance of getting into a rhythm. What was the time of possession vs the other teams in the last two games. That’s the problem.

Way too many 3 and outs. The problem is the offense can't stay on the field.

Way too many 3 and outs. The problem is the offense can't stay on the field.

True, with only hogan and gronk as legit threats. No defense is going to take Patterson seriously. They won’t take Dorsett serious either. In that scenario we can not move the ball on any nfl team

True, with only hogan and gronk as legit threats. No defense is going to take Patterson seriously. They won’t take Dorsett serious either. In that scenario we can not move the ball on any nfl team

James white would like to have a word with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing