PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post game chant for the Gillette stadium crowd on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This will be only the 2nd game this season that I thought the Pats can win going into the game. And in the Dolphin game I thought it would be a dogfight, which it ended up being. The Houston and Cardinal games, much to my shame, I never thought we had a chance. Not that I don't think this game won'tl be a tough and physical contest, we SHOULD win.

So since my hate of Roger Goodell is only exceeded by Joker's hate, I felt there really needed to SOMETHING that would put a cap on Tom Brady's unjust exile. So what would be better than when the game is wrapped up and JG or JB is doing his kneel downs to run the clock out, the entire stadium erupts into this chant.

THANK YOU ROGER - clap clap clap - THANK YOU ROGER - clap clap clap clap - THANK YOU ROGER....

It's simple respectful, tasteful, and very ironic. But most importantly just highlights the point that Goodell LOST in his attempt to damage the Patriots on the field. Think about it. Not only are the Pats currently 3-0. The draft class that he tried to ruin had 3 rookies starting on offense, one rookie getting regular snaps on the DT rotation, and another being a huge contributor (so far) on our special team. In fact if Cy Jones, who isn't one of those mentioned above, eventually increases his role on defense, this might just be one of the better draft classes we've had. (and we've had some good ones)

So maybe, now that I think about it, it shouldn't be, "thank you Roger". Maybe the best one would be:

YOU LOSE ROGER! clap clap clap: YOU LOSE ROGER: clap clap clap: YOU LOSE ROGER........

Yeah, I like that one better, maybe not as ironic or cerebral, but either one would put a fitting end to a dark period of NFL history, and will get us by until Tom files that defamation suit.

You Lose, Roger, I could go for. Thank you ? Not a chance. Sure we're escaping this nightmare in good shape but even sarcastically, thanks shouldn't be given for trying to decimate the reputation of an all time great.

Let's win the game first before we decide what to chant. (Although 3-1 would still be a win for the Pats/Brady).

1024x1024.jpg

"SUCK IT, ROGER!!!"
"SUCK IT, ROGER!!!"

Last edited:
In fact if Cy Jones, who isn't one of those mentioned above, eventually increases his role on defense, this might just be one of the better draft classes we've had. (and we've had some good ones)

Jones has taken over the #1 nickel corner role. He played 33 snaps vs Houston and Coleman played zero.

Jones has taken over the #1 nickel corner role. He played 33 snaps vs Houston and Coleman played zero.
WOW, so I was actually UNDERESTIMATING the rookie contributions. Thanks

Just winning the damn game is F-U enough to Roger. I just hope the Patriots come through.

I think we owe it to TB (who MUST want to play) to not play nice. But, certainly not by thanking Goodell for what he did to our guy. Even if it is meant in full FU mode.

LMFAO.......I am sure that Roger will be listening

Quiet satisfaction is the best answer for 4-0

I think we owe it to TB (who MUST want to play) to not play nice. But, certainly not by thanking Goodell for what he did to our guy. Even if it is meant in full FU mode.

nahhhhh.....Brady won't care what you play

Mike Reiss reported that some fans started chanting "Roger" last Thursday. I was there and didn't hear it, but I think the derisive chant of his name such as the classic 1986 "Darryl" chant in the 86 World Series is the way to go.

I would like to see the fans take ownership of the "Where is Roger?" chant from last year. It sounded good on TV. Make it our own. Pull it out and dust it off every once in a while.

I think regardless of what happens with the crowd, the roger chant is implied. Still, I'd love to hear any one of these fine suggestions from this thread. Or all of them.

Here comes BRADY!

The pregame before Thursday's when McGinest was interviewing kraft, the crowd was chanting "Fire Roger" or something to that affect and Kraft actually got visibly annoyed and was like "guys this is the NFL Network" and Willie had to turn around and try to motion them to stop

He apparently was all upset that the crowd was down on his good ole pal Roger Dodger.. it was really weird to watch.. i got that sense of awkwardness/embarrassment that you sometimes get for someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes