PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible surgery for Stidham

He'll be on IR until Oct, then probably released.

So he purposely got hurt and had back surgery because of camp competition??.. "chicken blood in his veins"??

Some players health issues impede their progress in the NFL.. no evidence he did not want to compete for the QB job, injuries first to the hip and now to the back have pretty much put him on the shelf.. the implication that his injuries are purposeful is folly.
His skittish nature in the pocket when faced with pressure is the only thing impeding his progress.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
His skittish nature in the pocket when faced with pressure is the only thing impeding his progress.

And his injury status last year and to start this year.. doubt his "skittishness" caused his back injury that required surgery.

And his injury status last year and to start this year.. doubt his "skittishness" caused his back injury that required surgery.
I said he has a bad habit of getting hurt when an opportunity for a starting job arises, not that it’s caused by skittishness.

Two different things, but shades of Aaron Dobson who had all the tools but got hurt at inopportune times, before finally losing all confidence and dropping balls he should catch.

Hunter Henry, Johnnu Smith, James White, Jakobi Myers and possibly Agholor and Bourne are gonna disagree with you... the TE's alone are a significant upgrade to our pass catching group after last year.
Lol. I was talking about the Qbs around him being utter crap not the team.

LOL seems like she is always in full makeup ready to model or something.

They should be on a reality show.

She is stunning in that picture.

He looks like a poodle. What's up with the extreme pucker? That's how you kiss your kids on the forehead not your hot wife.

See Post 32 above. BB had a plan but TB didn't cooperate by playing like the typical 40 year old QB and riding off into the sunset (and TB had been playing like an aging QB prior to JAG being drafted). So the time came when they had to get rid of one of them because salary cap issues make it difficult to keep two highly paid QBs on the roster and still have a competitive team. I trust you remember the keep TB or JAG debates. The decision was made to keep the GOAT and win a few more SBs (remember them?) then deal with the aftermath later. Look at the Green Bay situation, no different than what the Pats went through a few years ago, keep Rodgers or go with Love.
So basically he tried to draft his successor but the timeline with Brady didn't work out so he gave up trying to find a successor?

Brady outplayed any expectation of age, how do you handle an unprecedented situation where a QB is playing the way Brady was at his age? He found the guy he liked in the 2nd round, he got another guy he thought had potential in Stidham. Stidham has the physical tools, but not the mental ones. If QB's fell out of trees like that, every team would have gotten their guy in the later rounds.
Bill traded Jimmy on Halloween of 2017 and had two drafts to find his replacement and took a mid round pick on a guy he got to assess for a whole year. I also don't know how you can definitely say that Stidham "has the physical tools, but not the mental ones" when we have never seen him play a meaningful game. For all we know he has neither or he is a viable starter but we haven't seen him start a game. I just don't understand how Bill should get a pass for misevaluating how long Brady had left, then not having a successor when he ran Brady out of town. Yes Bill has obviously done some great things but he is not infallible. He blew the whole Brady/post Brady situation. Plain and simple.

Bill traded Jimmy on Halloween of 2017 and had two drafts to find his replacement and took a mid round pick on a guy he got to assess for a whole year. I also don't know how you can definitely say that Stidham "has the physical tools, but not the mental ones" when we have never seen him play a meaningful game. For all we know he has neither or he is a viable starter but we haven't seen him start a game. I just don't understand how Bill should get a pass for misevaluating how long Brady had left, then not having a successor when he ran Brady out of town. Yes Bill has obviously done some great things but he is not infallible. He blew the whole Brady/post Brady situation. Plain and simple.
No doubt. What will be interesting to see is how the region starts to treat him if Jones bombs and Fields is successful - knowing all of this and knowing that they had the ammo to trade up if they wanted to, but chose to stay put.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back