PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible surgery for Stidham

Ever since they redid rookie salaries it became very attractive to go QB in the 1st round.

30 QBs drafted in 1st rd in 10 years prior to rookie wage scale.
33 QBs drafted in 1st rd in 10 years since rookie wage scale.
Average of 3.0 vs 3.3

5 QBs drafted in 1st in both 2018 & 2021 were the anomalies of the past 20 years as was only 1 QB drafted in 2013

134 QBs drafted from 2002-2011
115 QBs drafted from 2012-2021
Average 13.4 vs 11.5
----------------
On average, teams draft one 1st rd QB pick and approximately 4 QBs from all rounds every 10 years
BB has drafted 11 QBs in past 20 years (5.5 every 10 years)

Questions: What is the highest yearly salary BB has paid for a back up QB?
Was it Hoyer 2012.... $1.9 mil.....?

Last edited:
30 QBs drafted in 1st rd in 10 years prior to rookie wage scale.
33 QBs drafted in 1st rd in 10 years since rookie wage scale.
Average of 3.0 vs 3.3

5 QBs drafted in 1st in both 2018 & 2021 were the anomalies of the past 20 years as was only 1 QB drafted in 2013

134 QBs drafted from 2002-2011
115 QBs drafted from 2012-2021
Average 13.4 vs 11.5
----------------
On average, teams draft one 1st rd QB pick and approximately 4 QBs from all rounds every 10 years
BB has drafted 11 QBs in past 20 years (5.5 every 10 years)

Questions: What is the highest yearly salary BB has paid for a back up QB?
Was it Hoyer 2012.... $1.9 mil.....?

Thanks for the numbers.
But the 134 and 115 proves my point. A notably greater total pool of QBs in 134 compared to a smaller total pool of QBs in 115, yet a higher proportion then taken in the first round among all available QBs taken post-rookie wage scale, in fact 10% more in the first round compared to before.

Last edited:
Poor guy. Hope he comes back 100% and has a decent career- wherever it may be.

He made a nice bundle without developing and his wife's dad is the former longtime president of the houston rockets. Pretty sure he'll be fine.

He made a nice bundle without developing and his wife's dad is the former longtime president of the houston rockets. Pretty sure he'll be fine.

Falling into money does not define a life or a career.

Falling into money does not define a life or a career.

Absolutely true. And gluck to him and his wife who he totally ignored from the beginning of his draft day, through watching his tv draft espn segment by himself, to pool jumping. Seems like an awesome dude (good ole boy).

LOL seems like she is always in full makeup ready to model or something.

They should be on a reality show.

LOL seems like she is always in full makeup ready to model or something.

They should be on a reality show.

she is as annoying as the scream-witch from Mahomes, I mean, do you need to share every personal **** with the world? seriously, social media is a horrible disease nowadays

Stidi seems like a henpecked husband...

she is as annoying as the scream-witch from Mahomes, I mean, do you need to share every personal **** with the world? seriously, social media is a horrible disease nowadays

People probably have about as much justification to post annoying pictures to Instagram as you do to complain into the void about it.

I just don't look at Instagram, it's pretty easy.

Nope…no one is close.

1627750973262.png

I don't listen to their show.

Jones is fine but a rookie. We have utter crap around him.

Hunter Henry, Johnnu Smith, James White, Jakobi Myers and possibly Agholor and Bourne are gonna disagree with you... the TE's alone are a significant upgrade to our pass catching group after last year.

He was a 4th round pick not a first. 4th rounders aren’t busts they are what they are- long shots to amount to anything in the nfl.
I think you're probably right about the 99%.

But there has been

Steve Grogan
Tom Brady
Kurt Warner
Mark Bulger
Mark Brunell
Jake Delhomme
David Woodley

OT: How the hell did Tony Eason and the others get drafted ahead of Marino? I saw the Sugar Bowl. Apparently none of the scouts did. But they believed media nonsense at the last minute that the kid was some sort of delinquent. "Oh my God. The kid smoked...weed!!!"

Stidham always manages to get hurt when faced with competition, he also got hurt when Cam arrived and he realized he was in for fight.

The guy dances in the pocket under pressure like his feet were on fire, has all the tools but has chicken blood in his veins... say goodbye.
That seems like something that isn't correctable and should be easy to spot.

They used to use the term "happy feet" to criticize a QB, but then PEDton started doing it and the term disappeared forever.

Stidham always manages to get hurt when faced with competition, he also got hurt when Cam arrived and he realized he was in for fight.

The guy dances in the pocket under pressure like his feet were on fire, has all the tools but has chicken blood in his veins... say goodbye.

So he purposely got hurt and had back surgery because of camp competition??.. "chicken blood in his veins"??

Some players health issues impede their progress in the NFL.. no evidence he did not want to compete for the QB job, injuries first to the hip and now to the back have pretty much put him on the shelf.. the implication that his injuries are purposeful is folly.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back