PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positions to fill after roster cutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not really the biggest dez fan but i am surprised they didn’t bring him in for a look. A visit. I think he’s better than decker at this point.
In what way, though? He has no experience in this system, whereas Decker obviously does. We also rely on the underneath to intermediate routes a lot, which also favors Decker.

Really, the only thing that Dez can offer at this point would be slant routes and a RZ target. Does he fight for balls over the middle at all? What’s going to happen on the sidelines when he goes a few games without catching many passes? Is he going to be giving everything with his run blocking? How is he going to change the way that he handles media questioning without sulking and throwing people under the bus?

I just have a hard time seeing how Dez Bryant would fit on this team. It sounds to me like it could be a terrible move. We’ll see how it works out. In BB we trust.

In what way, though? He has no experience in this system, whereas Decker obviously does. We also rely on the underneath to intermediate routes a lot, which also favors Decker.

Really, the only thing that Dez can offer at this point would be slant routes and a RZ target. Does he fight for balls over the middle at all? What’s going to happen on the sidelines when he goes a few games without catching many passes? Is he going to be giving everything with his run blocking? How is he going to change the way that he handles media questioning without sulking and throwing people under the bus?

I just have a hard time seeing how Dez Bryant would fit on this team. It sounds to me like it could be a terrible move. We’ll see how it works out. In BB we trust.

Who do you think has a lot more left in the tank? Dez or decker.

sup: I had high hopes for Decker too but he looked clueless out there. I mean you cannot gain separation from guys who will be on the streets in a week?? I hope Decker has a good Game Friday Night or else Dez might be a real possibility. The only thing Decker has going for him right now is Jessie James Decker.:D

sup: I had high hopes for Decker too but he looked clueless out there. I mean you cannot gain separation from guys who will be on the streets in a week?? I hope Decker has a good Game Friday Night or else Dez might be a real possibility. The only thing Decker has going for him right now is Jessie James Decker.:D
I think an argument can be made that Dez Bryant is a superior talent to Eric Decker. I agree that Eric has seemed lost out there, and hasn’t made much progress thus far.

I’m just speaking on the other concerns and the fact that Decker still has a leg up on him in terms of knowing the general framework of the system (as well as having a good looking wife), that’s all. In other words, I’m guessing that Dez Bryant isn’t necessarily next in line if Decker doesn’t work out. I think we’d be looking more at that type of receiver again. Then again, Belichick has surprised us before, so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back