PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Position by Position outlook of the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

All22PatsFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
QB: Brady, Mallet
Mallet could be traded to the Texans, Evaluators have said this is a terrible QB draft, so Mallet for the Texans 33 pick seems reasonable

RB: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Develin
The Pats could use a complement to Ridley, Blount makes the most sense, but other guys I like are Joique Bell, Toby Gerhart and Ben Tate.

WR: Dobson, Amendola, Thomkins, Boyce, Harrison, Moe
Dobson and Amendola could be up for a huge year. Dobson made huge strides this season, commanded double coverage downfield becoming a more reliable target and he will likely be a #1 WR next yr, Amendola could have a big season next year if he stays healthy, I would look at what he did during the first game of last and expect that every game from him. With the groin injury he couldn't cut at all, wasn't able to get open on out routes. Doug Kyed noted in the locker room he walked funny. Thomkins, is just a body IMO, he had trouble getting open and he has bad hands he can still develop though. Boyce, Harrison and Moe are all interesing Harrison has the size and speed to be the next Ashlon Jeffrey. Boyce and More could turn into reliable slot options. The p will prbly give no more then 5M to Edelman so will see what happens. In FA I love Nicks, but he will likely be given Mike Wallace type money.

TE: Gronkowski
With Gronk tearing his ACL, I would like to see the Pats save Gronk for the playoffs when they need him. I expect the Pats to draft a TE, My favorite is The Washington TE who remind me a ton of Gronk, other options are Ebron, Amaro and Iowa TE. In FA there are limited options

LT: Solder
One of the best in the league, Volmer and Mankind back him up

LG: Mankins
Struggled in the pass this year, but he still is great in the run. More depth at Guard is needed

C: Cave
Ryan Wendell was awful last year I would not expect him back. Dan Connolly who plays better at C could be the starter. Braxton Cave is also interesting

RG: Connolly, Kline
I see Connolly moving to center, and Cannon sticking at T, he is average Pass blocker and limited in the run. I see the Patriots drafted a guard in the first 2 rounds, I am a big fan of David Yankey out of Stanford

RT: Volmer, Cannon
Volmer is a stud and Cannon is a great backup

Defense:
DE Ninko, Jones, Buchanan, Bequette
The Patriots despratly need a third guy to rotate with Jones and Ninko, and play on third downs, FA has plenty of guys that can take that role, my fav is Michael Johnson who the Patriots have showed interest in before. Buchanan can develop as the 4th guy and Bequtte is prbly going to go

DT: Wilfork, Siliga, Kelly, Armstead, Vellano, Jones, Subpoga
Based on Siliga's play he should be a starter, he was a great anchor, took on double teams and manhandled Vasquez, he adds little to the pass rush. Wilfork could be released, with the emergence of Siliga and with his cap#.I think Kelly, coming back from ACL and Subpoga will be releases. I think the Patriots will draft a pass rushing DT to play next to Siliga. Armstead and Jones can alternate with the DT drafted. Vellano and Jones can also backup Siliga. The pats could also add a pass rushing DT like Livinal Joseph

LB: Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Beauharnais
The Patriots will likely have the best LB group in the NFL, they could resign Fletcher and draft a guy late for depth purposes

CB: Dennard, Arringron, Ryan, Green
The Patriots can sign Talib, or sign Grimes, DRC or Verner. I think they resign Talib though. They could also draft a guy in the first round but thats pretty unlikely

S: McCourty, Gregory, Harmon, T.Wilson, A.Wilson, Ebner, Davis
Dmac is one of the best safeties in the league he will likely be extended. Gregory had a decent year and seems to benefit from the cover one robber role. Harmon was good when he played. He will likely battle for the SS staring role with Gregory in camp. Tavon Wilso will have to play well this preseason to earn a roster spot. Ebner and Kanorris Davis will likely battle for a Special team spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes