Asking for your support

Will Tom Brady Win Another Super Bowl?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, more than one!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady is gonna win another one, we're gonna have to nail this draft.

Here are our picks:
  • Round 1: New England
  • Round 2: New England, San Francisco
  • Round 3: New England
  • Round 4: None
  • Round 5: None
  • Round 6: New England
  • Round 7: None
Our development pipeline is a little dry following the NFL stealing picks from us and also trading a couple last year. We probably trade down early to fill those gaps in rounds 4-5.

But we need a pretty big talent infusion, similar to what the Saints got this year. It'll help that the two rookies who got hurt this year should be back, will be interesting to see how they can contribute.
Comp picks? Sheard, Long, Blount. Who else am I missing?

There is a chance as long as we have a half decent defense. The defense that fielded yesterday was absolute trash that wouldn’t even be able to stop a nose bleed.

I believe he retires after 7th ring.

I voted one more because I’m thinking it will take next year plus one more to rebuild the defense

I agree with qm on the number crunch.

Last edited:
I think so but not next year. First factor is history is not kind to the loser. Secondly, next year is a transitional season with new coordinators. Thirdly, that defense is an affront to the NFL and most of the draft capital needs to be spent here.

Does Scar come back? Gronk? Butler is gone and High is always an injury concern. I think Brady has to hang on until 2019/2020. I can see him next year dragging the defense’s carcass to the Divisional/AFCC but no further.

It's certainly possible with BB and Brady at the helm, but I think in terms of what is left of Brady's career this was the best window of opportunity for them to do it

There is going to be so much turnover next season at a lot of positions and on the coaching staff. That doesn't make it impossible to win another, but it certainly creates a challenge

I think this was Brady’s last shot. It’ll take years to rebuild this defense and maybe even the coaching staff. Let’s say it takes 2 years to build an elite defense, Brady will be 42, Gronk may be retired, Cooks could be gone. Edelman and Amendola will be gone (if not, they’ll be 34 year old slot receivers). That’s why I was so devastated after this loss, I think this great dynasty is over.

In fact, I think we might’ve just seen the birth of a New dynasty in Philly, that’s a good, young, tough team that is gonna get a boatload of picks for Foles. So they are gonna be good for years.

It did feel like this was the end of something with both coordinators leaving, which is why the loss was so hard to take, especially since the offense performed so well. Hopefully getting a non-bend-but-don't-break defensive mind in there will improve our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes