PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Who Will We Play In Divisional Round?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What Team Will We Face 1st In Playoffs?

• Browns

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Chargers

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Jaguars

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Titans

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

newton_tom_cat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Looks like Chargers will have #1 seed in WC round and will likely play Titans, or if not they'll play Browns. If that's the case, Steelers will play Jaguars. I see Chargers at home beating Titans, and Jaguars beating Steelers. That would give us Jaguars. But many scenarios are of course possible. Steelers could get the 3rd spot and the home game against Titans ot Browns, in which case I think they win. I still like Chargers at home against Jaguars. But right now my best guess is we face Jaguars, and Colts get the Bolts.

Last edited:
whoever they are should be pretty beat up. steelers and jags play a physical game.

hopefully the divisional game will be on that saturday, that would be perfect

dont know for sure, but i do know that i want the titans

Looks like Chargers will have #1 seed in WC round and will likely play Titans, or if not they'll play Browns. If that's the case, Steelers will play Jaguars. I see Chargers at home beating Titans, and Jaguars beating Steelers. That would give us Jaguars. But many scenarios are of course possible. Steelers could get the 3rd spot and the home game against Titans ot Browns, in which case I think they win. I still like Chargers at home against Jaguars. But right now my best guess is we face Jaguars, and Colts get the Bolts.

I really think this time around the Steelers will beat the Titans as the Steelers will come out throwing from the get go.

well be playing the jags....

and why not? thats who i want....

according to media they are the team the pats DONT want to face, so bring them on

also they are gonna be the only AFC playoff team that we would NOT have already beated (unlesss titans make it over browns, which is logical)

not sure who i rather play..Steelers or Jags

Steelers lost Parker but still have weapons in passing game and a good backup in Davenport.

Jax has no WR threats (against a good past D like us besides height) but have tremendous run blocking and 2 very good RBs

Jax has a big run stopper in middle..and playmakers in secondary .. but their secondary gives up a lot of plays.

Steelers have slower D..but better secondary overall(especially with Polamalu back)

:\

both are physical. Oh and idk about Chargers..they do worry me. LT is back..Gates is always a threat..Chambers had some good games against us..defense is rounding back to form.

not sure who i rather play..Steelers or Jags

Steelers lost Parker but still have weapons in passing game and a good backup in Davenport.

Jax has no WR threats (against a good past D like us besides height) but have tremendous run blocking and 2 very good RBs

Jax has a big run stopper in middle..and playmakers in secondary .. but their secondary gives up a lot of plays.

Steelers have slower D..but better secondary overall(especially with Polamalu back)

:\

both are physical. Oh and idk about Chargers..they do worry me. LT is back..Gates is always a threat..Chambers had some good games against us..defense is rounding back to form.

chargers also have ryan leaf jr @ qb.

Does anyone have the stats on how the seeds have done the last few years?????
Edited version....
Here it is....
In the last ten years of the playoffs, in the first round (#3 vs #6 and #4 vs #5), the higher seeded team has won 28/40 70% (figure one upset a year)

AFC #3 v #6-------- #3 won 8/10
NFC #3 vs #6 _____#3 won 5/10
AFC #4 v #5---------#4 won 7/10
NFC #4 vs #5--------#4 won 8/10
----------------------------------------
In the second round of the playoffs
Higher seeded team has won 30/40 ---75%
AFC higher seed wins 13/20---65%
NFC higher seed wins 17/20---85%
In the conference championship
Higher seed has won 10/20 ----50%(no real home field advantage- ask Pittsburgh about that)
AFC higher seed wins 4/10----40%
NFC higher seed wins 6/10-----60%
----------------------------------
Overall, higher seed (home team) wins 68% of the time.
------------------
The reason I point this out is that there is probably a decent chance based on history (I know, no guarantee) that either the #5 or #6 Jax or Tenn/Clev will steal a game and they will be the Pats first playoff opponent.

Last edited:
dont know for sure, but i do know that i want the titans
That's tempting, but what kind of a tuneup would they be? Ah, good enough I guess, but little chance they win a game and advance. Dirty bunch of mofos though, aren't they?

I'll say it...I don't care who is the Chargers QB...There is absolutely NO chance that Cleveland or Tennessee wins there in the wild card round...The Pats will play the Pittsburgh/Jax winner.

I'll say it...I don't care who is the Chargers QB...There is absolutely NO chance that Cleveland or Tennessee wins there in the wild card round...The Pats will play the Pittsburgh/Jax winner.

Not just the QB, but coach too.

The Titans could pull out a win I think.

Which means that Indy most likely plays San Diego, which will be a tough game for Indy. I thought that the Chargers would have beat Indy last year if we hadn't had shamed them.

that was last yr

this year however i do not think that SD has anything....

they will play Indy tough, but they will lose by about 10 pts none the less...

maybe the titans beat indy, after beating SD (this makes SD 3rd seed)
and the jags beat PIT, which brings the jags to our house

and we have an easy conference game agasint titans (shame them)

and then we go to SB and dominate whoever gets there

(sound like a good plan?)

anyways, i would love for all those things to happen, i had rather not have to play the same teams we played in the season in the postseason, hence i see the bucs getting to the sb....(that one rit there is a wild guess)

Jax for me too

Steelers

Del Rio and the Jags don't have the brainpower to pull it off.

Does anyone have the stats on how the seeds have done the last few years?????
Edited version....
Here it is....
In the last ten years of the playoffs, in the first round (#3 vs #6 and #4 vs #5), the higher seeded team has won 28/40 70% (figure one upset a year)

AFC #3 v #6-------- #3 won 8/10
NFC #3 vs #6 _____#3 won 5/10
AFC #4 v #5---------#4 won 7/10
NFC #4 vs #5--------#4 won 8/10
In the second round of the playoffs
Higher seeded team has won 30/40 ---75%
AFC higher seed wins 13/20---65%
NFC higher seed wins 17/20---85%
In the conference championship
Higher seed has won 10/20 ----50%(no real home field advantage- ask Pittsburgh about that)
AFC higher seed wins 4/10----40%
NFC higher seed wins 6/10-----60%
----------------------------------
Overall, higher seed (home team) wins 68% of the time.
------------------
The reason I point this out is that there is probably a decent chance based on history (I know, no guarantee) that either the #5 or #6 Jax or Tenn/Clev will steal a game and they will be the Pats first playoff opponent.

good analysis... the one thing I would add, though, is that realignment took place in 2002. If the stats go back ten years, that would include 5 years where the 3 seed was the worst division winner, whereas the 4 seed was the best wild card (in terms of record). It'd be interesting to see if these numbers hold true over the last 5 years as well (albeit being a very small sample size).

Nobody thinks the Browns and Romeo can't sneak into the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots