Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Patriots be forced to endure a major distraction before Super Bowl 52?

• Yes, created by local media

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • Yes, created by national media

Votes: 67 58.3%
  • Yes, created by the NFL league office

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Ray Lewis has halitosis

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got to work yesterday a fellow employee asked me how the game was Sunday(he knew I had tickets). Then he said if I saw the NBC report that the NFL admitted that the NFL rigged games to get the best possible ratings. I told him to expect all kinds of conspiracies and scandles right now. Last night I stumbled on a YouTube video of what he was talking about. I won't post the link but it turns out it was from a satire channel. It when had a Goodell imposter stating that it was his job to make sure that the Patriots were the NFL kings forever. That guy actually believed it was a real story.o_O
It's post No. 7 in this thread.

I clicked "Yes, created by National Media". While I do not know of a specific story line, it is easy to gather that jealousy is spawning more hatred. Many team fan bases want what we have had for almost two decades,
Someone clicked disagree. Must live in a cave.

Looks like the colts are trying to monkey wrench the super bowl. Why do they need to interview josh now?

Looks like the colts are trying to monkey wrench the super bowl. Why do they need to interview josh now?
They have to make sure Jacoby brissett has some good coaching this year after Luck pulls up lame and gets held back by his injury for the hundred and eleven billionth time.

I mean I dunno why McD picked Indy. That owner is hot garbage, the team has some major holes that are gonna take time and losing seasons to fill, and I don't trust Luck to reach his potential with that organization considering how they've mishandled him to this point. Given the choice, I would have told him to go to Tennessee. Mariota is a very talented young QB and that team has a lot of potential.

That Uche guy was apparently putting us on too. Went to his twitter page. Says 8 year vet, but I sure don't remember him.

You know what? F Pete Prisco. Our WRs and TES have been mauled all year, with holds, armbars, etc.

Preposterous to claim Chung "got away" with things when Jax plays so physical and above the rules, that if BB deployed that approach, our DB would be flagged all game long, that the game would take 4 hours to play.

I go by facts and I've watched this team and league cloesly for over 35 years and I know the score.

There is a big difference between some calls both sides that each side can make a case why they don't agree with a PI or non-PI call as subjective as those can be, and the idea that the rules are clearly applied differently to our team, for such obvious reasons.

I wonder how Prisco feels about the Dion Lewis "fumble" that wasn't a fumble and it was intended to help Jax seize back momentum to try to beat the Pats?

Last edited:
The fumble could have gone either way too.

But, it wasn't a fumble. That's a cop out like when people say "there wasn't enough to overturn it".

Umm, he never lost the ball, until after his knee was down. That's what replay is for.

I saw the replay. We all did.

Guess ESPN wins the award...let's see if Dan La Petard has any legs to it.

I think this will be a particularly lazy scandal. The media know they don't even have to try, the great American public will get outraged, grab their pitchforks and torches, hop on the morally outraged bandwagon and drive that baby, fuelled by a passionate hate, all the way to 1 Patriot Place regardless of how spurious the allegations being made are.

I imagine it'll go something like this:

FISHGATE - Seth Wickersham, ESPN

Anonymous sources have confirmed to ESPN that 31 NFL frachise owners are mystified by the continued success of the New England Patriots and have asked NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell, to launch an official investigation. Highly respected lawyer Ted Wells has indicated his willingness to come to whatever conclusion the NFL sees fit. Discussing the owners concern on ESPN earlier today, unbiased and totally impartial analyst Max Kellerman insisted that the owners have a case. "Something is definitely fishy here", claimed Kellerman, "and Tom Brady is about to fall off a cliff". NFL legend Mark Brunell also chimed in, saying "It's so fishy. I mean...sob sob... integrity...sniffle....waaaaaaaah".

When contacted for a comment, Bill Belichick stared intensely for what seemed like an eternity before pfffting, shaking his head and walking away dismissively. Fishgate seems certain to rumble on during the build up to the Superbowl. Fly Eagles Fly."

Last edited:
But, it wasn't a fumble. That's a cop out like when people say "there wasn't enough to overturn it".

Umm, he never lost the ball, until after his knee was down. That's what replay is for.

I saw the replay. We all did.
I can see both sides but I mostly agree with you.

You know what? F Pete Prisco. Our WRs and TES have been mauled all year, with holds, armbars, etc.

Preposterous to claim Chung "got away" with things when Jax plays so physical and above the rules, that if BB deployed that approach, our DB would be flagged all game long, that the game would take 4 hours to play.

I go by facts and I've watches thia team and league cloesly for over 35 years and I know the score.

There is a big difference between some calls both sides that each side can make a case why they don't agree with a PI or non-PI call as subjective as those can be, and the idea that the rules are clearly applied differently to our team, for such obvious reasons.

I wonder how Prisco feels about the Dion Lewis "fumble" that wasn't a fumble and it was intended to help Jax seize back momentum to try to beat the Pats?

I'll admit if we got a call. That game was pretty well officiated. Jacksonville committed more penalties. Undisciplined.

Once again, more pushing of this narrative. They're trying so damn hard to shape public opinion on this. The only reason the Patriots will have won Super Bowl 52 is because: refs.

"Sometimes magic is just someone spending more time on something than anyone else might reasonably expect." - Penn Jillette

The uninformed continue to look for an easy explanation for the Pats continued success in a league designed for parity, and wind up with empty rolls of tinfoil and some selective data mining.

The truth is, they are simply smarter, and work harder that other teams....spending more time on planning than anyone else might reasonable expect. So it seems like magic.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: jah
I'll admit if we got a call. That game was pretty well officiated. Jacksonville committed more penalties. Undisciplined.

Oh, in general I agree. They called as few penalties as possible and let them play, but you have to admit, the general public is glossing over WHAT Jax did:

1. Got a fumble call to help them.
2. Wise bodyslammed by an OL with concussion. Should have been holding and a personal foul tacked on. That was ridiculous.
3. Jack bodyslammed White 4 yds into the end zone. No call. Again, ridiculous.
4. Church with dirty cheapsbhot on Gronk, for yet another title game knock out for him, with teams apparently allowed to take cheap shots at Gronk with no repercussions. Note how Chruch has not been fined for the dirty hit.

The ones they called on Jax, they simply HAD to call because they were so egregious.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: TBR

This seems like as good of a time as any for me to say I tried listening to WEEI on the radio before work this week but...

...those guys are even dumber than I thought they were! And they won't shut up about baseball and liberals even though the Patriots are playing in the Super Bowl in 9 days.

Deeds are public record. How long would it take to find the actual transactions? What is it that journalists actually do these days?

what-exactly-would-you-say-you-do-here.jpg

So guys, I manage a condo out here in Seattle and have to do my best to be friendly to everyone, residents, contractors, cleaning persons, even the mail carrier. So I decided to bring up the Super Bowl with an electrician guy (Steelers fan) I've talked football with many times before. His answer: "I'm totally disgusted with the Super Bowl and disinterested in the game. The Jags got totally screwed by the refs, pass interference call, fumble, etc, and then goes on to say only one penalty again the Pats and Brady was celebrating with the ref after the game." The discussion quickly turned heated and ended as I'm not gonna accept the weak ass "refs" excuse. BS. I can forgive him being a Steelers fan I'm sure he's very salty about how their season completely crashed and burned. As far as I'm concerned anyone that's gonna pull the ref card loses all credibility immediately. Haters gonna hate and I drink their tears like sweet champagne!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3