• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Jimmy for Cleveland's 12th.

Do you do it?

Asking this because it seems most would take the number one, or SF's number two in a heart beat. What if 12, or a mid rounder around that range, is the best we can get?

Nope. I keep him as Brady's back up for at least one more year. I like Jacoby, but he isn't ready to step in yet if Brady goes down.

Regardless of perceived trade value, I still remember what happened when we lost TFB for a year. Thank God we had Cassel.

Nope. I keep him as Brady's back up for at least one more year. I like Jacoby, but he isn't ready to step in yet if Brady goes down.

Regardless of perceived trade value, I still remember what happened when we lost TFB for a year. Thank God we had Cassel.
Only risk with that is we are basically giving up a 1st rounder. Jimmy will be a FA after next year, and if Brady's still looking good, we won't get anything out of Jimmy.

He's getting traded and Jacoby will too in the coming years, the next QB we draft in rounds 1-3 will be the heir imo

This is a simple proposition, but we do not have the data to make the decision. The Hooded One knows how good Jimmy G. will be and knows how good Jacobi will be. He knows how much Brady has left and he knows how much it will take to extend JG. Coach will do what is best for the team.

I would trade him for any first round pick since he'll never sign a 2nd contract and in 1 year the value drops dramatically.

The people who vote no what's their plan in 12 months?
Exactly. We won't pay Jimmy the big $ unless Brady hangs it up, or we do the unspeakable..

Unless you get a godfather type deal. Then no.

Yes, in a heartbeat.

The people that think we are getting significantly more than a mid 1st rounder (11-20) are delusional imo. I actually think we will get less (lower 1st or high 2nd) I also think the people that think we are not trading jg are wrong, We shall see.

Jimmy for Cleveland's 12th.

Do you do it?

If the team thinks Jimmy can be a good QB (or less), but not the next Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young to Brett Farve and Joe Montana, then yes absolutely.

If they think he can be as good as those guys, but they also think Brady can play at a high level for another 4 years, then you hold out for even more.

If they think he can be as good as those guys, and they think Brady has one or maybe two years left tops, then they need to hold on to him and consider extension talks.

As far as Brissett and the backup QB situation goes, Belichick will ensure they have a quality backup regardless. If they don't think Brissett is ready, I'm sure they would be ok trying to pry Hoyer or Cassel loose from their current situations, or find another guy they have high marks on. They will never have someone like Curtis Painter as their backup.

I said no to just #12 from Cleveland........I would want #12 and swap second round picks.......Pats get good value and Cleveland gets their semi-seasoned starting QB along with Miles Garrett at #1.........they don't lose a second round pick........BB then can manipulate #12 into multiple picks as well as #33....

They could end up with 2 picks in Round 1, 2 picks in Round 2 and 2 picks in Round 3 ( assuming they get Cleveland's comp pick). Cleveland only loses pick #12 for JAG........

Everyone wins.....

I think JAG is going to be a very good quarterback in the NFL. After Brady retires, it might be very painful to Pats fans to see him leading some other team into the playoffs year after year, unless we find another QB of equivalent talent. I wouldn't take anything less than a high first round pick this year and a second round pick either this year or next. I don't think Belichick trades him unless he gets a first rounder and something more.

Absolutely, that was the return you were always hoping for. Anything above that is gravy and anything less than a first no deal.

Only risk with that is we are basically giving up a 1st rounder. Jimmy will be a FA after next year, and if Brady's still looking good, we won't get anything out of Jimmy.

there's something called the franchise tag......so you get buy an insurance policy for the difference between a 1 and a 2. you also buy yourself a 1 year opportunity to have your future QB in the event next year something happens to Brady at the age of 40

if Brady gets hurt, then I doubt any team could produce the draftpicks needed to get Garoppolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back