Votes: 12 17.4%
  • pick 64?

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 24 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose bag of balls. But if BB is gonna choose a safety who is a coach on the field at 64, I hope McD judo chops him on the back of his neck and trades for Rosen.

How are Rosen's willingness to sit relevant?

Because if he's got a strong belief that he's now a top tier NFL quarterback, and a strong desire to demonstrate that (for pride and financial reasons - second contract), then he wouldn't play along as the quiet, team-first guy carrying a clipboard for three prime years of his career.

If Brady plays another 3-4 years (LOL... I love the guy, but I do not see this happening), and the contract timing is bad, and Rosen doesn't want to stay around the same time that Brady is leaving.... We have a very good situation. We have an ex-top 10 QB that's 25 years old and has been tutored by the GOAT QB for the past 3 years. I think we'd get more than a first rounder for that.

Any investment into Rosen will reap rewards, assuming we can get him for a 3rd and he won't throw a ***** fit for sitting on the bench (I don't see that happening, but I'm just saying). I'd still do it for a 2nd or a 1st too, but the margins will be less outrageous.

If he's that good, he's not going to use up three prime years carrying a clipboard. And those are the years where he's proving his value for his second contract. Sitting in meetings won't get him anywhere.

Because if he's got a strong belief that he's now a top tier NFL quarterback, and a strong desire to demonstrate that (for pride and financial reasons - second contract), then he wouldn't play along as the quiet, team-first guy carrying a clipboard for three prime years of his career.
so, he sit out? pout?

If he's smart, he should know that age 22 isn't a prime year of his career, as a quarterback. It's amazing how far we've come with expecting these guys to play right away, and we expect more than ever out of the position too. He should take a page out of Aaron Rodgers book.

That being said, I have no idea what his motivations are.

If he's that good, he's not going to use up three prime years carrying a clipboard. And those are the years where he's proving his value for his second contract. Sitting in meetings won't get him anywhere.

What is he gonna do hold out, lol dude would have no choice

For a third round pick, probably.. not that big of a risk, considering his credentials and playing on a crappy team.. #10 pick of the 2018 draft.. his contract was front loaded.

His cap hits are not that significant.. if BB does do this, it is a very Belichickian move..

2019.. 3.99 million
2020.. 4.8 million
2021..5.6 million
+ fifth year option

so, he sit out? pout?

If he's smart, he should know that age 22 isn't a prime year of his career, as a quarterback. It's amazing how far we've come with expecting these guys to play right away, and we expect more than ever out of the position too. He should take a page out of Aaron Rodgers book.

That being said, I have no idea what his motivations are.

What is he gonna do hold out, lol dude would have no choice

It'll never get that far. If he's not up for being an understudy for three years, and not seeing any meaningful game action again until he's 25 and ready for a second contract, the Pats won't make the trade. They'll insist on getting access to him to check all this out thoroughly, and then make a decision. His agent will have a lot to say about it.

You're include his bonuses. The team that acquired Rosen would only be responsible for his salary, less than $1M per year.

For a third round pick, probably.. not that big of a risk, considering his credentials and playing on a crappy team.. #10 pick of the 2018 draft.. his contract was front loaded.

His cap hits are not that significant.. if BB does do this, it is a very Belichickian move..

2019.. 3.99 million
2020.. 4.8 million
2021..5.6 million
+ fifth year option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back