PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll.. is it Brady left, or Pats let him go?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is responsible?

• Brady

Votes: 21 14.4%
  • Belichick

Votes: 44 30.1%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • Both

Votes: 47 32.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, let's be real. Does anyone really think Brady would be gone if he still had Brown, or if Brown was returning to the Pats from suspension this year?

There is a very reasonable argument that Kraft pushing to release Brown set this whole thing in motion. This poll needs a new option - "Kraft screwed it all up". If the Kraft apologists don't like it, they can choose not to click that option (and then go back to complaining about Trump in the coronavirus thread).

Wow you have Brady mind reading talent, to comment on his motivation relative to one player . Haha... That's really impressive. Brown was screwed by the league exemption threat not Kraft.

But you're missing the most obvious fact which is unprecedented money for older QB in decline. The QB salary has basically gone kooky in the past 5 years.

If Brady pulls off another miracle in TB... It will be amazing to watch and maybe even more amazing that he's doing it for another team.. we shall see:cool:

Wow you have Brady mind reading talent, to comment on his motivation relative to one player . Haha... That's really impressive. Brown was screwed by the league exemption threat not Kraft.

But you're missing the most obvious fact which is unprecedented money for older QB in decline. The QB salary has basically gone kooky in the past 5 years.

If Brady pulls off another miracle in TB... It will be amazing to watch and maybe even more amazing that he's doing it for another team.. we shall see:cool:
Just going off the rumours that Brady still wants to play with Brown. Might not be true. If true, I have trouble believing he wants to play with him this year but didn't want to last year. And if I recall, he was released immediately after the text messages, not after talk of potential exemption.

Kraft publicly inserted himself into the Brady negotiations. I think he should rightly be a poll option for "Who is responsible?".

I am continually surprised that so many people are saying it's about the money for Brady. Please. It's primarily about being respected and valued. It's about contract length. It's about the weapons available.

Several weeks ago we heard that the Patriots were willing to pay $30 million which is evidently about what he's about to sign for. Where do people get the idea that it's about the money? For many players, it does come down to money. Brady's never been about the money. Now that he's worth over $500 million, why is it supposedly about the money now? I don't get it.

Just going off the rumours that Brady still wants to play with Brown. Might not be true. If true, I have trouble believing he wants to play with him this year but didn't want to last year. And if I recall, he was released immediately after the text messages, not after talk of potential exemption.

Kraft publicly inserted himself into the Brady negotiations. I think he should rightly be a poll option for "Who is responsible?".

Except the narrative through the entire process was that it was Belichick in charge of this football decision.

Krafts role was to be a mouthpiece to spin it positive... "Brady earned this right to be free agent..." (Make more money if he wants..)

Which is what he did. :cool:

Except the narrative through the entire process was that it was Belichick in charge of this football decision.

Krafts role was to be a mouthpiece to spin it positive... "Brady earned this right to be free agent..." (Make more money if he wants..)

Which is what he did. :cool:
There have been multiple competing narratives throughout this whole saga. But I got it, only "valid" opinions regarding blame (as adjudged by you) can make the poll. Well, it's your OP so I'll step away.

It's both. Irreconcilable differences in a situation where both parties had good reasons for their stances.

Some relationships end because both sides just simply want something different. We're just predisposed to try to paint one side as the crazy ex.

Don't try to be so rational. It's clearly Belichick's fault.

130 votes in the poll. That's a good sample size. Thanks everyone for participating in a very much talked about issue.

It is interesting to see how the analysis gets understood by people in different ways. One thing that is true is that the person you blame is the one you expected to do something different , right?

If I blame Brady , even if I understand why cuz it's kinda obvious to take 30mil and go play in Florida, hang at the beach with the kids.. etc.etc. I still kinda say .. ya can't sit down and make one more team friendly deal ? It's a salary cap league and a 53 guy roster...
But the other completely Brady aspect to this... is his player longevity has earned him this Senior tour boost to his otherwise epic career. Congrats Tom. Enjoy your time in the sun.. like Kraft said you earned it.

If you look at how little cap space they have now compared to how much they have in 2121, it seems obvious that BB constructed the team in a way to force Brady out. He created a situation where it makes it so difficult to re-sign Brady that even Krafty Bob would find it difficult to sign Brady.

BB gets rid of players early rather than late, even GOATs who win 6 SB. Krafty Bob then spins it like it's Brady's fault. Krafty Bob's word already meant nothing to me, and now it means nothing to all but the most delusional Pats fans. Just your average billionaire.

Calculate a number for me...

How much money is Tampa making from signing brady ? Ticket sales , merchandise, tv contracts, advertising, local economy, stock value... Etc. It's a lot.

This is money Patriots don't get. Status quo. So it's ridiculous to think Patriots should pay out this money for old player. They have a team to run. It's not about Brady ... As great as he was. ..

Simply it's time. And Brady to his credit took his opportunity to play the senior tour in Florida . Well done.:cool:

I’ve had the sense all along that Brady was done with the Patriots and that BB was done with him. I’ve always been in the camp that BB wanted to keep Jimmy G.

Let’s clear some cap space, get younger and move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes