PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll.. is it Brady left, or Pats let him go?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is responsible?

• Brady

Votes: 21 14.4%
  • Belichick

Votes: 44 30.1%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • Both

Votes: 47 32.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, so much content out there over the last couple of years. Does it even matter anymore? Media is going to blow this thing out of proportion more than it already has. There’s nothing left to talk about for them until the draft so it’s going to be dissected and of course we’ll get more misinformed opinions from mediots who aren’t in the know, but the public takes as truth.

Even then, Brady might not play and BB might not coach due to all the closures

Every time I see your avatar, I remember Bill Lee saying before game 7, "Its a full moon, we have a shot."
Game 7 was one of the biggest shocks to my young self, I was totally unprepared for a loss. In retrospect, it is kind of satisfying we took the Big Red Machine to seven games, they had a loaded roster. Of course, so did we. And Lee was right, it was tied going in to the 9th inning of the 7th game, so we surely did have a shot.

(AP News Mar 18 06:45)
Three Waste Management garbage trucks were seen entering Gillette Stadium and Patriots Place early this morning. Large crews were spotted removing various pieces of equipment including massage tables, vibro-rub machines, cryogenic pods, as well as cases of concussion water and exotic oils plus stacks of foam pads, medicine balls, and pliability bands. Dressed in a hooded sweatshirt, the apparent supervisor of the operation was spotted standing on top of one of the behemoth vehicles urinating on it contents as they were being compacted on site.
Straight face gang, wya?

Endings are never fun. I think both parties wanted a fresh start. I hope Tom has a good season in Tampa and will enjoy watching how BB tries to build a championship team without the goat.

Endings are never fun. I think both parties wanted a fresh start. I hope Tom has a good season in Tampa and will enjoy watching how BB tries to build a championship team without the goat.

Looking forward to to the team building process as well. Will be watching both teams because I’m interested to see what Brady will do with weapons.

However, the hardest adjustment will be the expectation part. I think for most Pats fans thats going to be tough. You already see day 2 without Brady in some of the posts. Every QB that comes atleast for awhile will be compared to the goat. Tough act to follow. Not even sure Joe Burrow would escape it if the Pats had the first pick.

With my vote i gave the lead to doesn't matter

Game 7 was one of the biggest shocks to my young self, I was totally unprepared for a loss. In retrospect, it is kind of satisfying we took the Big Red Machine to seven games, they had a loaded roster. Of course, so did we. And Lee was right, it was tied going in to the 9th inning of the 7th game, so we surely did have a shot.
I went to game one with my dad. Looie. I have a trunk in my basement full of red sox stuff from that year. I even jumped on the field before the first game and milled around behind the batting cage while the Reds took batting practice and took pictures. Sox were robbed in the interference controversy and I seem to remember a controversy in game one or two with a bad call at second base. little stuff like that could have made the difference. Remember Carbos blast?

I went to game one with my dad. Looie. I have a trunk in my basement full of red sox stuff from that year. I even jumped on the field before the first game and milled around behind the batting cage while the Reds took batting practice and took pictures. Sox were robbed in the interference controversy and I seem to remember a controversy in game one or two with a bad call at second base. little stuff like that could have made the difference. Remember Carbos blast?
Yeah, remember it all, including Carbo's blast. It's funny that I can name more players on the '75 team than I can for any Sox team since. Too bad Rice was injured. I bet he would have put them over the top.

Tune into sports talk radio, they will pretend to have all the answers based on the empirical method of they "heard".. then the subsequent BB bashing will begin..

On Sportshub Beatle will come up with something completely outlandish as to why this happened and Zolak will do his "crickets" routine..

Then comes "know it all" Felger..

Many reasons why I don't listen to that crap any more, and this week will confirm why I did it..

The pats didn’t change.....Brady did

His Kyrie impersonation

It's actually good that it doesn't matter since it proves that the efforts to spin the narrative one way or the other is pointless waste of blah blah. It can be viewed as a double positive even ... depending on the performances next year.

One excellent bet is which team Pats or Bucs has better record next year..?

RLKAG(p2)

Well the 43 yr old QB is gone. Why are they trading away players? I don't see an improved team today.

My anger and hatred for Tom Brady is so great it will destroy the fabric of the universe!!!!! It is hotter than 1,000 suns!!!

My anger and hatred for Tom Brady is so great it will destroy the fabric of the universe!!!!! It is hotter than 1,000 suns!!!

Soooo... just to clarify...

YOU DO CARE BUT YOU CAN'T STAND IT!!??

Yeah, remember it all, including Carbo's blast. It's funny that I can name more players on the '75 team than I can for any Sox team since. Too bad Rice was injured. I bet he would have put them over the top.
Sounds crazy but this was my favorite Sox team and my favorite Pats team lost to the Bears in the Super Bowl.

Serious answer is it's both. Neither side took the idea of Brady coming back particularly seriously because it's a Catch-22.

Part of why Brady wants to leave is the poor quality of the offensive roster as a whole. He doesn't want to spend the twilight of his career throwing to scrubs and being blamed for the result. If the Patriots paid him anything approaching a competitive rate, they would have no cap space to buy the upgrades necessary for him to want to be there in the first place.

None of it added up and both sides knew it. Belichick lowballed Brady because he more or less had to in order to have the cap space to reload the talent on the roster as a whole, and Brady shrugged and signed with the Buccaneers so he could make $30m per throwing to several good young receiving weapons.

I’m guessing that was a GDT post by her?

I blame Bill the GM’s awful drafting the last several years, leaving the cupboard bereft of talent, and putting himself/Brady at the crossroads.

Sounds crazy but this was my favorite Sox team and my favorite Pats team lost to the Bears in the Super Bowl.
I was with you, right up to the 'and' part of that sentence, LOL! There was a lot to like about that team, but IMO we've been so blessed over the last twenty years there's a number of teams I would pick over that team as my personal favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes