PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: If you were the Browns GM, would you trade #1 overall for Garopollo?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade the first pick in the draft for JG, if you thought he was going to be great?

• Yes

Votes: 74 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 78 51.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I'm building the line and amassing a solid team with draft picks and FA, then getting a QB next year, so the QB doesn't turn into David Carr by getting pulped behind a crap line. I think Polo will probably be available next year to just be signed, since I don't think the Pats will franchise him and I don't think he will sign long-term to ride the pine some more, so there is no way I would give up that #1 when I can wait a year to sign him free. If Polo isn't available, I still have enough draft capital in 2018 to trade for someone, plus I can tank for Darnold since the QB of the future won't be on the roster and I'm probably going 3-13.

The guy played about 90 minutes for the best team in football and you've got him as a top-5 QB. It's far more likely he's Matt Flynn than Drew Brees.
Even if he is just an average QB, he's closer to a top 5 QB/Drew Brees than Matt Flynn.

The Browns aren't doing moneyball. Moneyball is about identifying the undervalued players and spending your $$$'s on players that other teams are overlooking. Like players with high OBP vs lots of RBI's. That kind of thing.

The Browns have decided that they will treat football like baseball and hoard lots of draft picks to fill up their minor league teams.......Except they don't have a minor league team, so they have tons of draft picks, tons of first year players and tons of rookies, with few veterans. So they will struggle for a couple years while those players learn to play in the NFL, then when they finally start to get better they will have a bunch of players all hit free agency at the same time.

Good planning!!!

A great quarterback will improve a team, on a weekly basis, by about seven points. A good quarterback will improve a team by about 3-4 points. An average quarterback won't improve the team but won't make them regress below average for the position. Currently, the Browns are losing somewhere between 3-7 points per game due to their dismal quarterbacking.

If Myles Garrett turns out to be the next Von Miller, he might be worth a swing of 1 point per game.
1 point per game? Von Miller is worth a hell of a lot more than that - especially last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes