PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: How many starts will Mac Jones get in the 2021-2022 Season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many starts will Mac Jones get in the 2021-2022 Season?

• 0: It's a full red-shirt year for him

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 1-4: A bite of the apple

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • 5-14: A season in transition

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 15-19: The king is dead, long live the new king!

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy, or two

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Let's keep it simple and stop sitting on the fence: how many starts will Mac Jones get in the 2021-2022 Season?

Me: 1-4, a bite of the apple, give him a start at the end of the season since it's almost certain he'll be the guy next season.

If Day 1 Bill starts with Mac and releases Cam to another team...and then Mac struggles... people will be screaming as to why didn't he keep the vet and ease the rookie in.

Unless Mac absolutely blows Cam away this summer, I think he will start with Cam for at least 4 games. If we are winning despite Cam or even losing, then he makes the switch.

Me: 1-4, a bite of the apple, give him a start at the end of the season since it's almost certain he'll be the guy next season.
I got him coming in out of the bullpen in week 6. Cam should be healthy enough until then.

I am hoping for at least 8 but I think BB will keep Cam starting as long as he can and the offense is improved enough to allow it. So 1-4

Cam starts out decently. Team performance improves as running game hits its stride and dual TE offense gets in gear.
Then, tragedy strikes. Wearing a feathered boa scarf and oversized feathered hat, Cam is temporarily blinded with feathers in his eyes, suffering an ankle sprain injury when walking off the post game press podium. Misses the last games of the season. Voted 1-4 for the Jones boy.

If Day 1 Bill starts with Mac and releases Cam to another team...and then Mac struggles... people will be screaming as to why didn't he keep the vet and ease the rookie in.
I don’t this will factor into Bill’s thinking one iota. But I think he prefers playing vets until the rookie’s play makes him play him. I think somewhere between 5-14.

3+16+4=23

Hopefully 20.

The only way he starts over Cam is if he is a phenom. I don't see it happening, at least not in the first half of the season. I also don't see this team not being competitive. We've plugged a lot of holes. There is no excuse for Cam to not win more games than we lose, even with average QB play.

double posted

0<x<5

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes