PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: How many points will the 2019 Patriots Defense Allow?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many points will the Defense Allow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So far nothing short of a phenomenal start for this defense. 3 points in 3 games! Number 1 across the board in numerous categories

Edit: To clarify, this does NOT include pick sixes or special teams TDs. DEFENSE only!

Last edited:
If they give up 250, that would be an average of 19 points a game the rest of the way. Honestly, anything more than that would be a disappointment.

Pats D is well balance.....

The schedule isn’t the most difficult thing in the world but I’d say 200-250. I don’t think we’ll get close to the 2000 Ravens as some might suggest.

The schedule isn’t the most difficult thing in the world but I’d say 200-250. I don’t think we’ll get close to the 2000 Ravens as some might suggest.
10 points per game is impossible nowadays. But we could push slightly below 15 if things break perfectly with no injuries.

Ravens in 2000 gave up 165 points, which is insane. I think the Pats can get in the 190s, which in and of itself is remarkable, but probably nowhere near 165.

I say this team will top the 2000 Ravens and be in the neighborhood of 150. Yup, that's right, one of the GREATEST OF ALL TIME! I disagree with the people who said 250 which would be a huge disappointment based on where they're currently at. This is an extra soft schedule and barring a run of horrendous injuries this should be an extremely low number. Remember still have the Jets and Dolphins again and the Bills twice who aren't gonna score much. The Chiefs, Cowboys, and Ravens are the toughest three. Jamie Collins will go down as the greatest off-season pick up. Absolute monster!!

Chiefs defense looks even better than last year. Our defense looks even better than last year.

Chiefs Patriots will be high quality football. Strength vs. strength.

They will end up allowing 12PPG. Maybe 13PPG if you count the scores they will give up on STs and offense. They are legit and don't face any elite offenses. Add in an offense of our own which won't turn it over much and will help them win field position and you have a very good situation for any defense to be in. Particularly one that's actually good.

Last edited:
Am guessing around 220 which would be around 14 points per game. Would be slightly lower than 2006 and 2003 final numbers. Much depends on health of offense and garbage time points.

This team typically doesn't start getting good until Oct-Nov. Remember that.

Chiefs defense looks even better than last year. Our defense looks even better than last year.

Chiefs Patriots will be high quality football. Strength vs. strength.

You can make an argument of their offense being a little bit better with the emergency of Hardaman and Mahomes having more experience, but their defense IMO is worse. Frank Clark has done nothing for them so far.

You can make an argument of their offense being a little bit better with the emergency of Hardaman and Mahomes having more experience, but their defense IMO is worse. Frank Clark has done nothing for them so far.
That defense is quite a bit worse. At least last year, they had (in theory) pass rushers. This year they have Frank Clark trying to figure out what his net take-home is after taxes, on the field.

About 30-50 for the year

funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

about 10ppg so im sticking w/ 160

i think they have a chance against 2000 ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back