Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Not confident at all - Rams win easily

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimistic enough that I put my money on them (-1) right after the AFCCG

I hate predictions. However I have some confidence this year because we are healthy (keep fingers crossed and no jinx).

I think the key to the game is a healthy dose of White and Michael/Burkhead (to keep the defense honest). The best way to beat a dominant D-line is bubble passes and screens. Hopefully by the middle of the 3rd quarter their D line is fatiguing and then we unleash the Gronk on them.

I still really believe that in 2007, the thing that hurt them the most was not having Kevin Falk (plus Brady walking around in a boot was probably not a good thing). Just imagine a Vereen of 2014, or a White of 2016 on that 2007 team and how it would help the O-line and Brady. I think the dynamics of the game change completely.

2011, I think Gronk being injured was a big blow. He probably should not even have suited up and I am not sure how much of a distraction he was. Vereen and Ridley were rookies, and probably Brady did not trust them. I think he targeted Welker too much. That failed catch was on both Brady and Welker.

2014, everyone contributed, but it was Vereen making tons of catches and helping move the chains was a vital cog helping neutralize a dominant D-line and excellent secondary.

2016, White (plus Edelman holding on to a ball with a freak show catch)

2017, Edelman being injured, Cook being knocked out early, and not enough White and Lewis. Brady played out of his mind, and I think if he passes to White instead of waiting for Gronk to be open, he does not get stripped sacked. I think the Eagles had too much depth on their Dline, and they were still relatively fresh even at the end of the game. I wonder if a healthy Cannon makes a difference as the end of the game.

2018?? But I think the key is to do what they did against KC. Keep the ball in Brady's hand, and chew lots of clock. Get that defense tired. It worked against Seattle and Atlanta (and KC) as Brady was nearly unstoppable at the end of the game . If Brady and the Patriots can limit (hopefully to zero) the turnovers, and keep the time of possession in their favor, I think our chances are good as it forces the Rams away from the run game.

Honestly, every Super Bowl played by the Patriots, win or lose has been a close nail biter. Even last years 8 point loss was much closer than the final score. And they have all been absolutely nerve racking, stomach churning, hair pulling, heart destroying affairs to live through. I don't expect anything different this year.

I think the Pats have proved the last two playoff games that they aren't f***ing around. You've seen it with Edelman flipping a switch and catching anything coming his way after his struggles this season. Gronk will also make a big grab when he absolutely has to. The running game has been great and the Defense has played well despite teams scoring late in games.

This will the first time this current Rams team will be in the Super Bowl. I don't think anyone on their team has been to a Super Bowl before unless you count Cooks who got knocked out within the first minutes of the game. I could seem coming out with the "deer in the headlights" look the '03 Panthers did in the first half.

I expect the Pats to do exactly what they did against the Cheifs and Chargers on offense. Establish the run, tire out the D line and keep the Rams O off the field. I also think the defense game plan will be first to stop their zone blocking run scheme and come after Goff on 3rd and longs like they did with Rivers.

Always cautiously optimistic! I find it interesting that for this SB Brady, Gronk, Chung and others have, at times, put away the all business, "we're no fun and will never say anything other than we're happy to be here and our opponent is great," attitude to be somewhat joyful and outwardly confident about this one. I hope in translates onto the field on Sunday!

I still really believe that in 2007, the thing that hurt them the most was not having Kevin Falk (plus Brady walking around in a boot was probably not a good thing).
Faulk played in the Super Bowl. He had 7 receptions for 52 yards with 1 carry for 7 yards. Sammy Morris was the RB in my opinion that was a huge loss. Had Brady not rolled his ankle two weeks prior, I believe he would've been able to do just enough to maneuver around that pass rush. Another massive loss was Rosie Colvin. Adalius Thomas was owning the middle of the field until Colvin went down earlier in the season. The long catch and run by Kevin Boss probably doesn't happen.

2017, Edelman being injured, Cook being knocked out early, and not enough White and Lewis. Brady played out of his mind, and I think if he passes to White instead of waiting for Gronk to be open, he does not get stripped sacked. I think the Eagles had too much depth on their Dline, and they were still relatively fresh even at the end of the game. I wonder if a healthy Cannon makes a difference as the end of the game.

No Hightower didn’t help either. And the other guy but that’s been talked about plenty enough.

I think the Pats have proved the last two playoff games that they aren't f***ing around. You've seen it with Edelman flipping a switch and catching anything coming his way after his struggles this season. Gronk will also make a big grab when he absolutely has to. The running game has been great and the Defense has played well despite teams scoring late in games.

This will the first time this current Rams team will be in the Super Bowl. I don't think anyone on their team has been to a Super Bowl before unless you count Cooks who got knocked out within the first minutes of the game. I could seem coming out with the "deer in the headlights" look the '03 Panthers did in the first half.

I expect the Pats to do exactly what they did against the Cheifs and Chargers on offense. Establish the run, tire out the D line and keep the Rams O off the field. I also think the defense game plan will be first to stop their zone blocking run scheme and come after Goff on 3rd and longs like they did with Rivers.

Rams also have Talib, Anderson and Shields, but yeah, SB experience is a hilarious mismatch between the two teams.

Seasoned Patriots Have Hilariously More Super Bowl Experience Than Rams

My biggest worry is Donald, he can take games over on his own. He's a destroyer, i can see Brady using different snap counts to try and unsettle him.

Then there's Suh...

Andrew, Thuney, Mason are going to have to be at their very best to stop these two destroying the game. Brady won't be able to climb the pocket like he normally does.

FWIW, I prefer to face Goff and the newb coach than Brees and Peyton. I hope the bright lights and the big stage will do them a number.

I'm feeling really confident after learning that Ricky Proehl's son, Austin, is on the Rams' practice squad.

Regards,
Chris

I'm neither. But I'm not uneasy or anything like that. Just kind of calm. That said, I felt like this last year and look what happened...

The Chiefs had 52 sacks in 2018 and did nothing to faze Brady, but I'm supposed to be terrified of a Rams team that got 41?
Depends on where the sacks came from. Are KC's sacks from edge or interior pressure? What about LAR's? If the primary source of sacks are different I don't think a simple numbers comparison holds much water.

So, for example, if NE is great against edge rushers but less good against interior pressure and if most of KC's sacks come from the edge but most of LA's comes up the middle, then yeah, you should be more worried about LA's rush.

I was extremely confident in the pats following the afc championship game.

But now I’m very concerned about the Rams d line. Really hope it’s not a game of watching Tom get abused from interior pressure

I'm neither. But I'm not uneasy or anything like that. Just kind of calm. That said, I felt like this last year and look what happened...

That’s exactly the way I feel. I’m trying to shake this calm outlook because it’s so similar to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents