Asking for your support

Does Ian have to fire Deus?

• Yes, Deus has to go

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No, but he needs a year's suspension

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No, Ian can ignore the noise

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Fire him? Ian should make him a Moderator!

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Jaime Collins who?

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger Zone

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Personally, I feel polls about firing Belichick started by Belichick's most vocal and bellicose critic is just a tad self-promoting if not indulging in a kind of fantasy fruition on his part.

Maybe I'm being unfair. But either way, I personally am NOT ready to indulge in what-if scenarios about firing the head coach that has gotten us to 6 Superbowls.

No he doesn't. He may have different opinions than most, and sometimes me. But just because he made a thread that further agitated the negative feelings we have obviously does not warrant any suspension or something of the like.

Stupid thread which will likely be closed.

Personally, I feel polls about firing Belichick started by Belichick's most vocal and bellicose critic is just a tad self-promoting.

Also, I'm really not a big fan of the timing.

Self-promoting and Deus, are you really that surprised?
The man is this board's ultimate contrarian.
God only knows what he had to do to get to where he's at.

But there's something about the guy that I do love. I guess it's very similar to the joy of popping pimples.

-Jamman

Personally, I feel polls about firing Belichick started by Belichick's most vocal and bellicose critic is just a tad self-promoting if not indulging in a kind of fantasy fruition on his part.

Maybe I'm being unfair. But either way, I personally am NOT ready to indulge in what-if scenarios about firing the head coach that has gotten us to 6 Superbowls.
Maybe we should fire Deus instead.

In ancient Athens, if enough people didn't like you regardless of whether you did something wrong you could be ostracized and made to go into exile for a period of time.

This AND a SB win? Best month ever

He is entitled to his opinion whether or not I agree.

I see this coming:

Je Suis Deux
I don't even get along with him actually, I'm pretty sure he has me on ignore for something petty I just think we have to respect someone's right to have an opinion even if we don't like it.

This is honestly starting to get cringeworthy and kind of disturbing. It's the OP's right to hate someone (lord knows I hate my fair share of people) but roughly half of DangerZone's posts are about some guy on the internet that he's never met before. It's like he's a toddler that just got spanked by his dad in Wal-Mart and is now running behind his dad crying at the top of his lungs trying to get attention.

This is honestly starting to get cringeworthy and kind of disturbing. It's the OP's right to hate someone (lord knows I hate my fair share of people) but roughly half of DangerZone's posts are about some guy on the internet that he's never met before. It's like he's a toddler that just got spanked by his dad in Wal-Mart and is now running behind his dad crying at the top of his lungs trying to get attention.

Oh the hyprocrisy.

Here you are yet again accusing me of being overly-sensitive when you've whined about the harshness of what you described as my "personal attacks" on you.

The first.. because I called you an "objective critic" (seriously).

And the second where I literally told you that I agreed with EVERYTHING you were saying.. but I thought that maybe you should tone down the "Belichick was scared and his game plan was ****ified" rhetoric about a game we won.

You are probably too self-absorbed to see a pattern here, but let me explain.

I am a Belichick homer. I love the man. He has gotten us to six Superbowls. Count them, six. As has been pointed out by the media before this mind-numbing Deflategate came out, Belichick has won more Playoff games than 21 other Franchises have total.

Nobody has ever been to six Superbowls.

That deserves respect.

And everything I have posted to you or to Deus can be easily and readily be explained by this very simple fact: I AM A BELICHICK HOMER.

And yet I am so much more than that too because as I have said many, many, many times: I'm fine with people with better football minds than myself criticizing him. He is human. He often deserves criticism, BUT I take exception, as both you and Deus are wont to do, when your criticisms use phrases like "wannabe Machiavellian idiot" and "****ified" and other over the top and needless insults that do nothing to further your overall football point.

You both love to do this.

And here's the shocking, hypocritical thing. You nor Deus can't stand even a hint of criticism. Well, none of us do. But where I respond with jokes and snark, you and Deus come out swinging with baseball bats. Even when someone makes it a point to say they agree with everything you are saying, but that they don't agree or like the level of rhetoric you are using to make it, you both go into destroy mode.

This exact same scenario happened with Deus much as it happened with you.

The difference with you is that both times *I* was the bigger man and immediately apologized to you (BOTH times) while pretending it was me that was in the wrong. I mean what was I thinking when I called you an "objective critic".

I kind of regret having ever bothered to act diplomatically at all.

As for Deus. He plays a very active role in making sure my fued/dislike with him stays fresh and active. He is as much at fault as I am.

Out of the 6 times or so (total) that I've dinged a particularly obnoxious post of his with a Dislike or a Disagree, he immediately responds with some insane, personally directed insult to get back at me.

He did exactly this a few days ago.

Call me names after I ding a post with a Disagree and I'm probably going to remember all the reasons I don't like you or your style of post bullying.

As for this post, if you can't see why a Belichick homer would want to defend his beloved teams coach from the likes of Deus rubbing his hands together and asking in pretend innocence "Should We Fire Belichick Now or Should We Fire Him Later?" then your critical thinking skills are severely underdeveloped.

Do I often call Deus out for his pretentious bullying? Yes.

Does Deus often pretentiously bully in almost every thread? Yes.

But you know, I have given the man his due, I have complimented him dozens of times and given him dozens and dozens of Agrees and Likes and Usefuls when warranted.

I might dislike the man and he might go out of his way to make sure that I continue disliking him, but unless you want to advocate that we should talk about firing Belichick before we have ANY official facts, then politely piss off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back