PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll Added I think: Has the Pats Dynasty UNDER-Achieved?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Poll: Yes, No, or Ray Lewis killed some guy outside a club?

• Yes

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • Ray Killed some guy in front of some bar or something before his cab could get there

Votes: 44 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanna pass those crybabies in ****zburgh! Go pats! Let's start by finding a way to tying them this season!
I agreee. Isee the Pats as partly on "Steekket fan joy prevention duty" right now.

If you asked this before the 2014 SB i would have said yes considering how many opportunities and close calls we had from 2005-2013. When the Kearse catch happened, i thought that we're never winning another Super Bowl again. It's not happening and that's it. Fast forward three years and we're 3 games from a third SB since then.

I'd say 5 is a fair representation of the level of continuous excellence. Winning a 6-th this year will solidify the 2001-2017 Pats as the best franchise in any sport in the salary cup era.

If you asked this before the 2014 SB i would have said yes considering how many opportunities and close calls we had from 2005-2013.

Now? I'd say 5 is a fair representation of the level of continuous excellence. Winning a 6-th this year will solidify the 2001-2017 Pats as the best franchise in any sport in the salary cup era.

6 puts Brady on the Mount Rushmore of American sports along with Ruth, Ali, and Jordan. (Not sure who's there now with them :))

6 puts Brady on the Mount Rushmore of American sports along with Ruth, Ali, and Jordan. (Not sure who's there now with them :))
Russell, Havilcek, 2 Joneses, Heinson, Cousey, like 7 other Celtics maybe...

if you are talking titles

Glad he stopped posting..

Not a bad question though. Gotta be happy where they are now... I think going 10 years without one seems weird but really just random.

giphy.gif
Poor comparison as his **** is several factors larger than the OP's.

Forgive me as I am still on vacation and hit the sauce quite heavily today.

However, thinking about the Pats greatness, 8 straight first round byes, an undefeated 2007 where we coughed it up at the end... 2006 where we literally puked up the 2006 title.. 2005 we still could have 3 peated without that 100 yard pick return (which should have been a touch back.. we would have had the Steelers in the AFCCG and we all know how that goes LMFAO)

Should we be closer to the 60's Celtics than we are?

Happy New Year almost....

PS: Sorry too hammered to figure out the poll controls

Who cares? Let’s get to the important question - what was was the sauce?

Forgive me as I am still on vacation and hit the sauce quite heavily today.

However, thinking about the Pats greatness, 8 straight first round byes, an undefeated 2007 where we coughed it up at the end... 2006 where we literally puked up the 2006 title.. 2005 we still could have 3 peated without that 100 yard pick return (which should have been a touch back.. we would have had the Steelers in the AFCCG and we all know how that goes LMFAO)

Should we be closer to the 60's Celtics than we are?

Happy New Year almost....

PS: Sorry too hammered to figure out the poll controls
@Galeb aqhhh HAHAHAHAH LMAO HAAAAAAAAAA what up bro?

ok fair enough. However, is it better than the 60s Celtics? It is interesting to discuss. I say yes, but admit folks that say no have some other decent arguments.
I think you raise a relevant point.

No, no one has matched the ol' Celts.

I knew, for sure, that we were on the cusp of a dynasty in '02.

I believe Bill did too to some extent, and that he's done his best.

'05, '06, '07...'10, '11, '12 & '13 are bitter, disappointing and sad.

We should have kept Branch. Letting Adam go was highly debatable.

But, I really wonder if we'd be having the success now, had things worked out 10, 11, 12 years ago...

It's been very, very close. You can't predict it, not exactly.

But we're doing things right today...for example, we're not starting Tony Eason over a healthy and active Tom Brady in all our big games...that helps a lot.

I really expect Bill to keep at it even after Tom retires.

I guess that'll blow away the Marv Levy comment...

We have a good defense, good enough to win a title. Offense is not a problem.

Intangibles, special teams, experience, determination...Pats looking good now.

So let's go for it, man.

I’m satisfied. 5 SB wins is amazing.

Yeah, I'm good. This stretch with Brady has been amazing. It's been great as a fan. I remember rooting for Bill to stick with Bledsoe after Brady went down during our first SB run. Let him redeem himself after that awful second half against GB 5 years prior. Good thing Bill is as sentimental as me.

Anyways, if we hit some draft home runs over the next few years, especially for the defense, then we could maybe add a couple more to the display case. 7 titles has a nice ring to it.

The margin of victory is so so small. Would love to win them all, but this has been epic and they still have a chance this season.

(Again : mosslost is a treasure - especially when he includes RAY)

A Welker injury, a Gronk injury, a Brady injury, a helmet catch.

Also one toke over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore