PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please let the Patriots lose

A lot of "ifs". But if the pats can find a competent QB, not top 15, just competent, and Edleman and Harris can give us 16 (or is it 17 next year?) regular season games and they add a couple of threats to the WR corp or TE group and they don't shed both Jackson and Gilmore I think this could be a double digit win team next year.
Sadly, Squirrel's roadkill now.

Sadly, Squirrel's roadkill now.
Will go down as one of the all-time Pats greats but the 4 million cap savings if they release him (and his chronically damaged, never-to-be-the-same knee) is likely better utilized on a young stud outside WR in his or entering his prime (obviously plus an additonal 8-12 million) with Meyers, or possibly even Gunner, in the slot.

Will go down as one of the all-time Pats greats but the 4 million cap savings if they release him (and his chronically damaged, never-to-be-the-same knee) is likely better utilized on a young stud outside WR in his or entering his prime (obviously plus an additonal 8-12 million) with Meyers, or possibly even Gunner, in the slot.
Are you ready to see him in a Bucs uni?

I've seen nothing from Gunner that makes me want him anywhere but special teams. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Why do you say that?
He's old, especially for a WR who made his living by relying on quickness - the first physical trait to decline...

He's been beaten-up, a Lot, over the years because of all the hits he's taken in the middle of the field, both at the catch point and after the catch...

And he now has to recover from an actual physical ailment, but how motivated can he really be now that his QB is gone and his team sucks?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back