PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff outlook

And some teams, just like some of the posters here, think that qbs are magical and can win by themselves. So every year some teams discard last years qb to get a new one, while never fixing the rest of the team. The jets have sucked for decades. They should have a great team but every 2 years they take their top couple picks and trade them for the next great qb. Who they ruin with poor surrounding teammates. A mediocre qb can win with a great team. The goat qb can’t win with a sucky team. Brady used to be good enough to take good to great teams to the playoffs every year, but there aren’t many of those qbs. The patriots have 2 young qbs. They need to fix the oline and maybe add a couple lbs and another d lineman and they will have a great team. If they have a great team they just need a good qb to win it all. Hopefully they have one of them.

It really is startling how much better the AFCE is than the rest of the AFC. I know the NFCE may have a better record but they get to play the AFCS, which is the weakest AFC division by a country mile.
Weren’t they saying the AFCE was the punching bag of the rest of the league a few years ago? (Minus the pats of course…). How things have changed…

I've also been around since the beginning, though the first game that I went to wasn't until they played at Fenway Park later in the 60s. They played the Chargers and Ernie Ladd. I still have vivid memories of Ladd coming out in pregame with no pads and banging into the padding on the goalpost in RF to get it swaying back and forth.

I remember when I used to get more excited about football games, even before Brady. Hockey games used to drive me nuts too. I'm not sure if it's because I'm older that I'm calmer. The fact that the Pats left a dynastic mark on the rest of the NYFL also helps me laugh things off now.

I remember when it came out that Kraft and Jerry Jones were heavy investors in DraftKings and FanDuel. That's when I knew that Fantasy Football was the thing of the future. I still think it's a little shaky to have owners involved in gambling. They make the rules for the game.
I agree with the sentiment about owners being involved in gambling and making rules for the game. If Bezos gets the Commanders what is the next step. I miss the old days, but I know I'm just one of those old fogeys shouting "Get off my lawn!":)

It is possible to have 4 teams from AFC East make the playoffs if we don't chew ourselves up.

As I've mentioned before, we'll know more by the end of the Pats first meeting with the Bills. But as of right now, it's not out of the question as this is the worst brand of football we've seen since 2008.

Well this kinda took a hit today. We win expectedly but jets beating buffalo could be a big blow. Bengals , chargers, miami all won. Must beat the jets and Bengals i think to have a shot.

On the bright side The Minnesota game doesn’t look as horrible as I thought . Raiders look worse with each passing week. And buffalo looking human.

THE BAD NEWS IS
that that the patriots can control their destiny. We play BUF, BUF, NYJ, MIA, LVR, and CIN.

THE BAD NEWS IS
that we play 7 teams competing for the playoffs (the 6 above plus MIN). Also, the BUF game at the end is more likely to matter

THE BAD NEWS IS
that that the patriots can control their destiny. We play BUF, BUF, NYJ, MIA, LVR, and CIN.

THE BAD NEWS IS
that we play 7 teams competing for the playoffs (the 6 above plus MIN). Also, the BUF game at the end is more likely to matter
If they can't play their way in by beating their competition for said playoff spots, then they have absolutely no business being there in the first place. Go Pats!

Well this kinda took a hit today. We win expectedly but jets beating buffalo could be a big blow. Bengals , chargers, miami all won. Must beat the jets and Bengals i think to have a shot.

On the bright side The Minnesota game doesn’t look as horrible as I thought . Raiders look worse with each passing week. And buffalo looking human.
Minnesota looks super scary to me.

Dalvin Cook, Jefferson, Thielin, and now Hockenson with 9 catches today,

If you told me in August that we would be 5-4 by the BYE week and that our BIGGEST win of the year was against the Jets....I'd call you crazy....

The Bills are still the #1 seed in the conference regardless of what happens tonight between KC/Tenn (both already lost to the Bills and the best they both can do is 6-2), YET...they are the most vulnerable division leader! 0-2 in their own division with the two teams they lost to being 1 game behind in the loss column.....

And the AFC East is the only division with 4 teams above .500.....

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY...oh...IF we only beat the Bears...or the Packers....d%#*!@t...

THE BAD NEWS IS

THE BAD NEWS IS
If we can get healthy especially on the o-line and if we can get even slightly better QB play I think we can be competitive in those 7 games. Obviously I don't expect us to run the table especially vs those teams but it's nice to have control of our fate. I also don't expect everyone else to run the table too so LFG.

They need to go 5-3. Very possible.

Freaking Jete game is huge now.

This team is middle of the road. Our D can beat up on teams with bad QBs but we won't be facing the Z. Wilsons and S. Ehlingers of the world every week.

Our o-line is awful and is the main cause of our offensive issues. Throw in Macs poor play, bad offensive coaching, and I just don't see us going on a run.

JETE - W
Vikings - L
Bills - L
Cards - W
Raiders - L
Bengals - L
Phins - L
Bills - L

Sad to say but I think we got 2 - 3 more wins in us which will put us at 7-10 or 8-9.

Minnesota looks super scary to me.

Dalvin Cook, Jefferson, Thielin, and now Hockenson with 9 catches today,

Always hope with kirk cousins. It is a scary cast though

This team is middle of the road. Our D can beat up on teams with bad QBs but we won't be facing the Z. Wilsons and S. Ehlingers of the world every week.

Our o-line is awful and is the main cause of our offensive issues. Throw in Macs poor play, bad offensive coaching, and I just don't see us going on a run.

JETE - W
Vikings - L
Bills - L
Cards - W
Raiders - L
Bengals - L
Phins - L
Bills - L

Sad to say but I think we got 2 - 3 more wins in us which will put us at 7-10 or 8-9.
it's been this way since Brady's last year. the defense looks great against the flotsam and jetsam, the dregs if you will... but then go against Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, or any competent quarterback - with the exception of a win against Herbert last year.... the Pats give up 28+ and 65% on third down.

AFC east is the best it has been in many many years ...
A good thing to improve a hungry team ... but an obstacle if devoid of talent IMO.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back