PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playing Denver's Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacPete1

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
A play that's been very effective for them this year is the shotgun handoff to Moreno that generally goes to the weak side. Since Denver plays mostly out of a 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB set, teams are forced to play nickel if not dime. Manning appears to see how his opponent lines up relative to Thomas (TE) and Welker and then directs the run call. I think this play will be one the Pats need to limit.
Could we see a similar front as we saw against Carolina (3-4 but really playing like a 5 man line since the down 3 were very tight)? I would doubt it since this would put way to much pressure on a 4 man secondary against 3 WR's. We'll likely need a 5th DB most of the time, if not 6 on 3rd and long. I'm just really looking forward to see how BB schemes this one.

They won't stop Manning but if its windy and cold, this will help considerably since Manning does not power the ball relative Brady.
It will also be interesting to see how J Thomas is moving if he plays at all. More so than the other receivers, he in my opinion presents a tougher matchup problem.
I'd really like to see Manning hold the ball and reload a few times. That will tell me the coverage isn't what he thought it would be. And if we can knock him down a few times, even if he gets the ball off, it will affect him. Easier said than done given that KC didn't touch him but if the D can come out with the most intense energy of the season, I think they might surprise.

I knew we'd win if thurmon thomas ran for 100 yds

I knew we'd win if thurmon thomas ran for 100 yds

A successful rerun of a hall of fame game plan. Moreno runs for more yards thaan Moonhead passes for. And that's how you beat the Broncos.

That was an epic. Flow of the game reminded me of the 49er one from last year.

That shotgun draw was just about unstoppable but they still fought off the adversity.

Most mentally team in the NFL, easily.

A successful rerun of a hall of fame game plan. Moreno runs for more yards thaan Moonhead passes for. And that's how you beat the Broncos.

You control the pass game and give them the run, nice meaningless statistic about how many yards he lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News