Not open for further replies.

maust

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I wouldn’t trust the results...owners are filthy.

You got to think that the players who wanted to change their minds to vote against it are kicking themselves today...

That's too close (51%). They should've required a 60% minimum for a 10-year deal.

So if the vote would've been 990-988 this 10-year deal goes through? Amazing how stupid the NFLPA is.

0.3% of the players decided the future of the rest. I expect protests over this.

Recount

So if the vote would've been 990-988 this 10-year deal goes through? Amazing how stupid the NFLPA is.
It’s more than that... the NFLPA should ALWAYS be nervous. Their members have never been able to stay unified, stick to the plan, shut their mouths...

Honestly, despite “not getting everything they wanted”, I’m glad for the players to have accepted. With their fickle members (and stupid social media posts) they’d have gotten screwed in a post-Covid offer !

That’s a very close vote.

TBH I'm surprised the owners divide and conquer strategy didn't pay off with a higher margin. Evidently many of the players are smarter than they were given credit for, just not quite enough of them.

Looks like we will be seeing 17 games in 2021...if we survive that long! :p:p:p

How much dirty bonus money is Mike Florio getting from the owners? That site is disgusting now...should have known suckass Peter King would turn it into this.

TBH I'm surprised the owners divide and conquer strategy didn't pay off with a higher margin. Evidently many of the players are smarter than they were given credit for, just not quite enough of them.
The alternative might be (1) they vote NO (2) the owners wait it out (3) they eventually cave because they aren’t united/spend too much $/have limited careers (4) the players accept a worse deal, after a year of not getting paid.

The number of minimum salary players is high. And I suspect they voted YES.

17 games, huh. So...if you are not playing in London/Mexico City or a neutral ground...about half of the teams in the league will have one extra away game? How is this going to work?

It’s more than that... the NFLPA should ALWAYS be nervous. Their members have never been able to stay unified, stick to the plan, shut their mouths...

Honestly, despite “not getting everything they wanted”, I’m glad for the players to have accepted. With their fickle members (and stupid social media posts) they’d have gotten screwed in a post-Covid offer !
There were a lot of big name star players in the No column. I hope they come out and ask for a redo. There were apparently players that wanted to change their votes and weren't allowed.

Feel bad for the retired players with disabilities that just got thrown out to sea by 0.3% of the players. The greedy owners trying to save what amounts to nickels off the backs of injured players is disgusting.

17 games, huh. So...if you are not playing in London/Mexico City or a neutral ground...about half of the teams in the league will have one extra away game? How is this going to work?

There has been talk of the extra game being an inter conference game with the NFC having 9 home games one year and the AFC teams 9 the next.

That's too close (51%). They should've required a 60% minimum for a 10-year deal.
I would normally agree with you on such a long commitment. Unfortunately 21% of the players did not even vote and they did not even have to go anywhere to do it.

I was a Union member for 35 years. Our negotiations and votes affected our families in many ways. Payroll, health Insurance, pension, vacation etc. we were all in it together on all the issues. These guys are a bunch of scabs. They are all flush with loot and all individualists. Some may not even be in the league in a year. I have seen Union members show strong support for the NFLPA vocally but cannot remember any NFLPA member go out of his way to support a striking Union.

I truthfully see where you are coming from. The NFLPA should probably never negotiate more than a five year contract considering the transitory nature of the sport. Most are just voting on future players lives and careers

Most union bylaws only require a simple majority for ratification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe