PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players react to boos

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we should be grateful that our team has just completed the best 10 years in the history of the nfl!

Oakland fans should boo their team. Detroit fans should boo their team. Patriot fans should thank their lucky stars and salute the patriots for all the accomplishments of the past decade!

OK, I agree that we should be thankful for the accomplishments...but we are not here to talk about the past. Today's game was a train wreck...period. Bad tackling, dropped passes, poor throws, etc...very boo worthy performance. I have said it before, I will say it again...the Pats need to get back to what won championships...strong defense and a balanced run/pass game. They are no longer a smash mouth playing team. But hell, what do I know, I make it sound so easy.

No, we should be grateful that our team has just completed the best 10 years in the history of the nfl!

Oakland fans should boo their team. Detroit fans should boo their team. Patriot fans should thank their lucky stars and salute the patriots for all the accomplishments of the past decade!

Are you joking? I'm really not sure if this is sarcasm or not. They played terribly. There were issues all season long that were never corrected. The offensive play calling was an absolute disaster. High priced players under performed wildly. The team traded one of the best defensive players that had ever worn the uniform for a draft pick in 2 years.
Nobody was booing Tom Brady. Nobody was booing BB. Nobody was booing Kevin Faulk or Edelman. The fans were booing a team that collectively underperformed massively in their biggest game of this season. That's who got booed.

And it's foolish to think that the fans of this team shouldn't boo in 2010 because a team that wore the same uniform won Super Bowls 6 years ago. The coach and the teams best player will be first to tell you that this is a different team. And the team that played today sucked.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with criticizing team performance here on this board and all aspects of the failure today. I apologize if I implied that this should be the case.

There is no need for political correctness. Post what you feel!

I was reacting to those who thought it was fine to boo the patriots today.

OK, I agree that we should be thankful for the accomplishments...but we are not here to talk about the past. Today's game was a train wreck...period. Bad tackling, dropped passes, poor throws, etc...very boo worthy performance. I have said it before, I will say it again...the Pats need to get back to what won championships...strong defense and a balanced run/pass game. They are no longer a smash mouth playing team. But hell, what do I know, I make it sound so easy.

Let's be honest: maybe a couple of the players care that they got booed, and those are the ones who didn't need booing. The ones who didn't see fit to show up today don't care enough to have an epiphany just because we're mad.

Don't care if Wilfork's feelings are hurt. Maybe if he hadn't been beaten at the LOS all game, we wouldn't have had anything to boo. And BTW Vince, it wasn't what *you* accomplished in the past, it was what *they* accomplished in the past. You played on a SB winner as a rookie, good for you.

And **** you Wilfork for thinking you were getting booed because you weren't racking up big plays and blowing the Ravens out. Pats fans don't give a **** about blowouts: they want to see wins, and if they can't see that then at least a tightly contested defeat. The one thing that Pats fans won't tolerate is watching their team get blown out because they didn't show up to play in the playoffs. I sincerely hope that they let Wilfork's fat ass walk this offseason. If Seymour wasn't worth the money, then I dunno how the hell anyone thinks Vince "two down" Wilfork is.

Wilfork wasn't the one with 3 interception... just sayin':D

If you're talking about a void of veteran leadership being a problem, then it makes no sense to let Wilfork walk.

And as someone who has been as down on the Seymour trade as you've been, it seems strange to me that you'd be so flip about getting rid of the Patriots' best defensive lineman. If losing Seymour was such a blow this season, how is it that losing Wilfork wouldn't have the same effect on next year's team? Who do you expect to replace him with? Brace? Wright?

Wilfork should absolutely be re-signed. If you're looking at problem areas on the DL, look at Jarvis Green, who has done absolutely nothing for as long as I can remember.

It's partly because I don't think that Wilfork is anywhere near the player that Seymour is. Seymour was better against the run and *much* better against the pass. Wilfork is a two-down player who in theory clogs the middle, except that the Pats are *very* vulnerable up the middle; today was just the icing on the cake.

Football Outsiders had the Pats at 30th overall in ALY for runs up the middle. Clearly that's not all Wilfork's fault--a lot of the blame has to fall to the guys around him--but a lot of that falls on his shoulders. So yeah, if Wilfork wants Seymour money, we should absolutely let him walk. If we were willing to spend that kind of money on a defensive lineman, we should have just spent it on Seymour to begin with. We can get more use out of that money than what Wilfork offers, and this team has too many holes to afford the luxury of overpaying for someone like him.

And what have we seen from Vince to suggest that he's a veteran leader, anyways? There was clearly a veteran leadership void on defense this year, which would suggest that he wasn't much of a leader. Which is fine, since we ostensibly have some young guys coming up who can and will lead, but it definitely doesn't help his case for breaking the bank.

Last edited:
Is it me or is Wilfork being a whiney beotch?

If I was a Patriot player I would take blame for playing like crap and say that the team deserved to be booed. There is no time for fragile egos. Vince, you play for the New England ******* Patriots. Until now there has been a higher standard for this team. But I guess it is painfully obvious that this is a thing of the past. Sorry Vince that fans remember a time when the Patriots players ruled the playoffs and though they may not have always won, they gave 100 per cent and were prepared for every game.

I guess in the post dynasty years we should be thankful that the team put up ten wins even though they laid down to an inferior opponent in the playoffs.

You know, if the Patriots lose the game in the final seconds, via a TD or FG, I would not be that disappointed, as that meant that the Patriots were playing close.

This game, though, it is as if the Patriots were sleep-walking. The score should really be 33-7. Patriots were lucky on the 1st TD, as the ball was never secured on the fumble by Ravens.

Regardless, the boos were deserving, in this game, IMO.

"It felt like we were playing an away game," he said. "For as much as this team has done in the past, I don’t understand it. Of course, they pay their money. They want to see a good show. They want to have blowouts all the time. Big plays. It doesn’t happen like that all the time. That was tough, but hey, they have a right to their opinion. That’s how they feel, and they let us know. We didn’t help by playing any better than we did. You take it for whatever it is worth."

No, they want to see the home team show up for the damn game. Because this was basically an alarm clock catastrophe.

i hit the link and was disappointed.

what i wanted to hear was "If I were a fan, I'd have been booing too."

"Boo" on Tom Brady for the bad decisions he made in the game (2 INTs).

"Boo" on the defense for giving up 24 points in the first quarter.

"Boo" on Stephen Gostkowski for missing the field goal in the fourth quarter.

"Boo" on the coaching staff for not managing the game appropriately.

"Boo" on Maroney.

"Hurray" the pick of Julian Edelman!

"Hurray" Tom Brady, Moss, et al playing hurt.

"Hurray" Kevin Faulk for just playing his heart out for this team, year in and year out.

Did I miss something?

"Boo" on Tom Brady for the bad decisions he made in the game (2 INTs).

"Boo" on the defense for giving up 24 points in the first quarter.

"Boo" on Stephen Gostkowski for missing the field goal in the fourth quarter.

"Boo" on the coaching staff for not managing the game appropriately.

"Boo" on Maroney.

"Hurray" the pick of Julian Edelman!

"Hurray" Tom Brady, Moss, et al playing hurt.

"Hurray" Kevin Faulk for just playing his heart out for this team, year in and year out.

Did I miss something?

yes. It was 3 INTs..

The team deserved booing. Everyone but Edelman, Junior Seau, Kevin Faulk, and Matt frickin Slater even. That performance was was a disgrace

I don't blame the fans for being upset. They paid a lot of money and the product did not seem to care. The team came out lifeless and was dominated in all three phases of the game. That was the worst they've come out since 08 Miami.

I also don't mind Vince being pissed. His effort was there. Watch the game again if you can stomach it and you'll see the Ravens had a great game plan and had two guys on him every play and the additional blocker was coming from different places all the time to keep him off balance. They ran over Green and Guyton all game long and Mayo and Merriweather were left to fill the hole and frankly didn't get it done.

Wilfork, Edelman and Faulk brought it.

The team deserved booing. Everyone but Edelman, Junior Seau, Kevin Faulk, and Matt frickin Slater even. That performance was was a disgrace

yes. people have every right to be furious at what happened on the field today. as a loyal, loyal fan who watched his first game 35 years ago and who stuck with this team through some of its darkest days and who truly appreciates the astounding achievements of the last decade, I would have been booing. As fans, we have a right to expect the team to show up. They, for whatever reason, didn't show up.

i just ask that fans take a deep breath before indicting BB, TB and the system that brought this team to five afcg's, four sb's and three trophies to this team in seven years.

I didnt buy the playoff tickets (thanks for that). However if I would have went today and paid all that money(plus the 6 hour drive), I would have been booing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore