Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which WR would you take at 34?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McConkey feels like he would be super productive, but he profiles as strictly a slot. He would've been a no brainer pick if he can play outside

I'd stay away from Deebo. Highly paid and unreliable just isn't something I'd splurge for with the type of team we have. We have to develop players and the vets need to help provide the on-field support for that development. You can't help a young QB develop from the sideline injured. We aren't good enough to be "load managing" guys. It just doesn't line up for us, IMO.
Totally agree. Pass on deebo for now. I think we should draft and develop our players and use the cash saved from juju contract next year to sign our wr 1 . If Adonai is available , just take the bait and see if he turns into our deebo or Pickens. If AM is not available , get the CB or trade back and get the best available player at mid 40s.

Seen it said several times now that the deep threat WR is being nullified more and more due to teams starting DBs deeper to counter the throwing league, therefore if true these players are just decoys until plays break down.. therefore I'm all Ladd McConkey.

IMO you have to be super talented to play as deep threat today and be relevant..

Saying that.. Mitchell closer to targeted Calvin Ridley.

Here's an interesting AD Mitchell debate. Explains why he has dropped into round 2:

Totally agree. Pass on deebo for now. I think we should draft and develop our players and use the cash saved from juju contract next year to sign our wr 1 . If Adonai is available , just take the bait and see if he turns into our deebo or Pickens. If AM is not available , get the CB or trade back and get the best available player at mid 40s.
Don't disagree with the approach. Just only nitpick is that unfortunately it's not always as simple as being able to just sign a #1 WR. You're stuck at the mercy of decisions other teams make on who is allowed to reach free agency. It might end up that the best big ticket players to sign aren't the guys at the positions we need most. Maybe next year the best moves to make in free agency are adding an all pro LG and ILB and continuing to look to the draft for some of the need positions.

At this point I'm just more and more skeptical of teams letting #1 WRs, starting LTs, franchise QBs, shutdown CBs and dominant edge rushers ever getting to unrestricted free agency.

From Lazyoor or Lazarus... I forget:

Despite some flashy highlights at the catch point, Coleman only caught 33.3% of his contested targets last season (10-of-30).

Taking a WR and not an OT will essentially say that this team doesn't care about what happens to it's QBs. The offense will be lackluster at best and we'll be picking top 5 again next year having wasted a year of a lot of players.

Taking a WR and not an OT will essentially say that this team doesn't care about what happens to it's QBs. The offense will be lackluster at best and we'll be picking top 5 again next year having wasted a year of a lot of players.
Looking at this roster, I'd probably put money on us picking top 5 again next year no matter what position we take with the #34 pick in the draft.

He played 75% of his snaps outside last year. Only his skin color profiles him as strictly slot.

Most of the draft experts think he's a slot at the pro level. Maybe they are wrong. If he can be an X, he should be drafted quickly by us

Draft experts love using terms like “deceptively fast” with him too, which means “white but fast”. They stereotype guys like crazy.

I'm really hoping for Mitchell. He's got the physical traits we desperately need to add to the WR room. But I wouldn't be crushed by McConkey.

At this point tyquan is not making the team so why not roll it with AM or mcConkey.

As for OT , draft with the first pick next year. Who knows we might pick 1 next year and trade back, collect a kings ransom and draft 2 OTs in first round . We could also be looking like a bears situation this year where the team is stacked.

Considering Maye will realistically start only next year , just get players now who can be starters and immediate contributors . We have enough OT in the squad, though they are not premium picks, they all have small amount of experience . With repetition they could do good.build from trenches.

WR Hakeem Johnson USK

Bethel Johnson is his Poppa.

The more I think about it, the more I lean toward WR. You're not going to find a Mitchell or McConkey later in the draft. Maybe Javon Baker will be as good at the top of the 3rd, if he's still there.

The tackles are all developmental, and though I'd love to see Paul or Sumataia taken, I'd rather they trade back up into the bottom of the round.

Finally, we do need a future CB and a FS, but not necessarily for this year. As tempting as it is to grab DeJean or McKinstry, you don't know for sure that Javon Bullard at the top of the 3rd or Cam Hart taken there won't end up as better pros than both DeJean or McKinstry.

At this point, WR is your best bet, and it's a big help that there are 2 good WRs still on the board.

Welcome to NE Justin Jefferson! I just saw him at Logan.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back