PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Pick 37, Patriots Select Safety Kyle Dugger (Division2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference on defense with Chung out compared to playing is huge. This D completely falls apart without strong SS play in the box. Who even sets the edge now on the DLine? Who is replacing Van Noy and Collins? Seems to me like you want the Pats to go 2-14.

Chung played 64% of the snaps last year. He missed 3 games. The patriots allowed a total of 17 points in those 3 games.
What does who replaces LBs have to do with Chung breaking down and declining?
But to answer your question, it will be many players starting with Bentley and winovich getting more snaps but the full answer is that we play a nickel base with 2 DTs and a varied combination of 4 de,lb, edge players
This 4 spots will be manned by a mix of all of the following

Hightower
Winovich
Bentley
Simon
Uche
Copeland
Wise
Jennings
Calhoun

why would you make a comment such as I want the team to go 2-14? Come on. I’ve never made any comment you could possibly derive that from.
I want what I want every year, to win the SB.
I’m not sure how you think spending 3.5 million on someone other than a 33 year guy who has taken a beating has clearly declined and I don’t expect to be able to even make it on the field for 50% Of the snaps supports anything other than making the team better.

When they get injured for the year in camp, I’ll have more to say

Do we still call a dude who's been in college for 6 years a kid? A D2 24 year old at 37 is great. I firmly believe BB just takes DB bums in the 2nd to mess with us.
Ahh college, the best 7 years of my life.

I was a little concerned at first with Dugger's age and the fact that he played in D2. After seeing the videos and reading the comments in this thread, I'm more excited about him. I can't wait to see him in action.

Dugger is a solid pick. The rest of this drama picking things apart is just mental masturbation.
Yep. I, personally, wouldn’t have gone safety with the top pick, but I can see the logic behind it. This kid is a freak, athletically. He should also allow the team to move on from Chung if he sticks and can contribute immediately.

Hmm. Don't BillB have a terrible history drafting DB's in the 2nd-round????

I had hoped for Cole Kmet !!!

Ahh college, the best 7 years of my life.

I had to laugh when I saw this pick. I 100% knew it was going to be a DB, and not only did we draft a joke of a DB, BB took it a step further. We've already done the Wheatley, Dawson, Richards, Wilson, Jones, Williams, Dowling, etc. thing. Now we're getting out of D1 and going to high level high school football. And not only that, we're taking a guy at 37 who spent 6 years at high level high school football.

BB is intentionally screwing with us now. Maybe he's just trying to burn Kraft over the Jimmy G situation. That would be one explanation for these last few drafts.

I believe that BB sizes up the current competition and acts accordingly via draft, FA and scheme. Morphing the team to compete vs the current threat.

Right this minute, KC, BALT, PITT and TENN would be one of the 4 teams that I would expect to see in the 2020 AFCC and the Pats being the other assuming all goes well. I like a hard hitting fast Safety vs a QB like Jackson.

Why are you so eager to cut Chung? There are so many question marks at SS after Chung who has been elite for like 10 years. Better to have the D2 kid learn for a year under the vets.

You're forgetting they added Adrian Phillips who is more of a Chung clone than Dugger. Dugger is the kind of all-around safety that the Pats haven't had since Rodney Harrison was on the team.

You're forgetting they added Adrian Phillips who is more of a Chung clone than Dugger. Dugger is the kind of all-around safety that the Pats haven't had since Rodney Harrison was on the team.
I am thinking more like Tebucky Jones, but maybe smarter.

I believe that BB sizes up the current competition and acts accordingly via draft, FA and scheme. Morphing the team to compete vs the current threat.

Right this minute, KC, BALT, PITT and TENN would be one of the 4 teams that I would expect to see in the 2020 AFCC and the Pats being the other assuming all goes well. I like a hard hitting fast Safety vs a QB like Jackson.

Wouldn't you prefer he take a "hard hitting fast safety" who wasn't playing against guys still going to the prom?

Wouldn't you prefer he take a "hard hitting fast safety" who wasn't playing against guys still going to the prom?

I'm assuming this works.

I wanted a Stud WR more than anyone, but the Pat's have been awful at finding them and FAs are the players that BB looks for to fill those roles.

OL has been filled through the draft and a development program churning out a starting 5 and depth.

I’ve mostly always hated our draft picks but also admit that I don’t know much.

I'm assuming this works.

I wanted a Stud WR more than anyone, but the Pat's have been awful at finding them and FAs are the players that BB looks for to fill those roles.

OL has been filled through the draft and a development program churning out a starting 5 and depth.

Unfortunately, much of BB's 2nd round DB selections mirror his WR drafting efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back