PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PHOTO: Tom Brady Shares The Importance Of Sleep In Latest Instagram Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some smart mattress company should offer Brady an endorsement deal. And maybe some company should come up with special pajamas that Brady can endorse.
Didn't Tom do a tv spot for some high-end mattress?

Since we're collecting data now: I set my alarm for 0700 and try to be in bed sometime between 2100 and 2200. That gives me some cushion to have trouble falling asleep and/or staying asleep in the morning, both of which are frequently a problem for me.

Without weed, I can't fall asleep (melatonin is BS). Without the antidepressant I'm on, I invariably wake up before 6 with a terrible anxious feeling in my stomach. I don't get how people take naps. It's physically impossible for me to fall asleep during the day.

Also, pajamas are a scam invented by the textile lobby. That's my stance.

Since we're collecting data now: I set my alarm for 0700 and try to be in bed sometime between 2100 and 2200. That gives me some cushion to have trouble falling asleep and/or staying asleep in the morning, both of which are frequently a problem for me.

Without weed, I can't fall asleep (melatonin is BS). Without the antidepressant I'm on, I invariably wake up before 6 with a terrible anxious feeling in my stomach. I don't get how people take naps. It's physically impossible for me to fall asleep during the day.

I’ve never been big into naps, either. But I’m starting to come around on them during the weekend.

I’ve never been big into naps, either. But I’m starting to come around on them during the weekend.
30 minute power nap is awesome, you feel refreshed. Getting an hour+ makes me feel groggy and slow...and then I have the added luxury of being awake in the evening longer than I would want and it tends to throw off my schedule.

I like them in theory. Get some concentrated rest at a potentially convenient time. My problem has always been with forcing myself to actually fall asleep when it's not around my usual bedtime. Also have generally woken up from the few naps I have managed to take feeling quite gross. Maybe that's because I can only fall asleep for a nap if I'm sick anyway.

Some smart mattress company should offer Brady an endorsement deal. And maybe some company should come up with special pajamas that Brady can endorse.
I think he has his own electrolytic pajamas or something of that nature.

I start to sleep around 11 p.m. I sleep an hour, get up, log on here, see if there's something I need to rant about..and then I go back to bed. I have sleep apnea so I sleep with a forced air pressure mask...I wake up every two hours or so until 5 a.m. when I take my daily meds...one of them is Furosemide (Lasix). Once I get the furosemide in my system, I wake up every hour to take a squizz. I get some REM sleep but to really get enough, I need to sleep at least ten hours. Sucks, but's that life in your 60's...still got the mind of a Maynard G. Krebs but cursed with the body of Abe Vigoda...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Bills Mafia are laughing their asses off reading this sad sack thread.

I start to sleep around 11 p.m. I sleep an hour, get up, log on here, see if there's something I need to rant about..and then I go back to bed. I have sleep apnea so I sleep with a forced air pressure mask...I wake up every two hours or so until 5 a.m. when I take my daily meds...one of them is Furosemide (Lasix). Once I get the furosemide in my system, I wake up every hour to take a squizz. I get some REM sleep but to really get enough, I need to sleep at least ten hours. Sucks, but's that life in your 60's...still got the mind of a Maynard G. Krebs but cursed with the body of Abe Vigoda...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Share much of your thoughts, refer to my Sleep Apnea gear as a "Babe Magnet", always been a strong believer in the whole early to bed thing, the best time of the day is between 4 & 7 AM, most of the world is sleeping and it is so quiet.. the birds are louder then.

Once I take any diuretic in the AM, sleep is not an option as fear of peeing the bed is a paramount concern.. trazedone before bed helps me get a good night sleep, and have found more and more that the restorative impact of decent sleep is more and more obvious.

Remember the first SB with Brady at the helm, and was thinking how much anxiety he must have and how nervous he must be only to learn later that prior to that SB he took a nap on a locker room bench.. so much for my anxiety concerns..

I suspect I'll be here in no less than 1 decade. Not sure if it's sleep apnea or what but my ex used to always think I stopped breathing in the middle of the night.

If she's right, you got it. You need a sleep study done at the local hospital. I went undiagnosed for decades until I had the study done at South County Hospital Sleep Lab. They found out I stopped breathing over 450 times in a 6 hour period...sometimes for more than a minute. The stress that puts on your heart is tremendous at any age.
Here's a weird after effect...the first night I used the mask I had a veritable hurricane of dreams, seemed like thousands of them. Not nightmares,just dream after dream after dream. I thought something was wrong so I talked to the doctor about it. He told me I hadn't been in REM for years and all the dreams I was supposed to have had back logged in my subconscious. He went on to say they'd subside after a little while, and they did. It's been 11 years now. I'm not always tired anymore. Have the test done, it's more than worth it.

Thanks, Tom. I never would have known that it's important to sleep.

I loathe those little slices of death

I HAD sleep apnea until I lost 100+ lbs 10 years ago

Along w the change in diet and weight loss, I no longer get heartburn. I used to often wake up drowning in acid reflux and it wasn’t pretty.

I still have my apnea machine and keep it as a reminder to keep the weight off. I typically wake up 1-2 times/night for bathroom runs, but I sleep well

I also bought a great mattress that adjusts in case I want to sleep on my back. I now look forward to my sleep ever night

Melatonin is definitely NOT BS. It’s actually the natural hormone in your body that regulates sleep.

But if you’ve had sleep apnea for a while, your body’s sleep cycle is screwed up and melatonin won’t help you.

Certain strains of weed are very effective for sleep. Much healthier that taking trazadone or other sleep meds

But you should be tested for apnea as it’s a deadly condition. People die in their sleep that have apnea so it’s no joke Elijah

I'm a pretty strict 1030pm- 5am person. Between 7-8hrs sleep works well for me.

The problem with these Sunday/Monday night Pats games and Sox playoffs is I go to bed all worked up and I'm not falling asleep until an hr sometimes an 1.5hrs later.

The BB press conferences help. :p
The thing about sleep is you’ll hear some say things like “I only need 5 hours”. But the truth is everyone without exception needs a minimum of 7 hours of sleep. Sure, some don’t get it and do fine. But they’d do better with more sleep.

There is also the reverse....more than 9 hours is unhealthy after your youth (teens are an exception)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes