PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phil Simms and Jim Nantz sucked last night.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score
Everything about the AFCCG was amazing from a Patriots perspective...except for these guys. But especially Simms. I'm not sure if it's the CTE or he's just incompetent in what he does, but it was quite clear that the quality of information and color analysis was sorely lacking. And we as Patriots fans weren't the only ones who noticed.

Uh..yeah.

Subs work that way. ALL. THE. TIME.

And then this....

Both guys were "confused" as to what had happened. Of course there was no fumble; Brady lost control of the ball AFTER he was down by contract, THEN the Steeler "came away with the ball". This is what the refs KNEW, but simply failed to explain it over the speaker system. Clueless. Then afterward, Nantz admitted he was wrong by saying "My bad." Yeah, that'll do it.

This was a gem.....

And many more like this.
At 36-17 with just over two minutes left, Phil was saying "This isn't over".
And my personal favorite: Simms said Chris Hogan is nicknamed 7/11 because he's always open "at night". (Of course it's really because he's ALWAYS OPEN).

All of this being said, it was better than Fouts which is saying something. Blowout or not, your job is to add clarity and, most importantly be coherent, as a broadcaster. These guys simply failed that test. Thank goodness FOX does the SB this year!

Honestly I thought Simms was the most tolerable he's been in a while. Isn't saying much, but, I was surprised with his praise for the Pats compared to usual.

Honestly I thought Simms was the most tolerable he's been in a while. Isn't saying much, but, I was surprised with his praise for the Pats compared to usual.

Well when they are winning by that much your hand is sort of forced to be effusive in praise. Because if you don't it makes the bias even more obvious.

I don't care much for their moronic commentary as much as their anti-Pats bias, especially that mother****er Nanz. I swear when I listen to that **** it makes me want to reach through the TV and choke that piece of ****. Every comment is anti-Pats.

Example: Brady completes a pass, and he immediately goes "Not sure if there was control when <insert player here> went out of bounds". Opponent throws a pass that ends up incomplete (passed legally and cleanly broke by Pats defense), he goes "<insert player here> is looking for a flag".

That piece of **** and the other set of SNF toolbags, Michaels and Collinsworth... I can't stand these morons. Gumbell is another Pats hater. :mad: **** them all!

Thank GOD i was there...they don't do the SB anymore right?

They've become my least favorite duo.

It's pretty sad when I feel Buck/Aikman have now clearly surpassed them.

Nantz/Simms broadcasts just feel....low energy and depressing. Then again I affiliate them with some ugly playoff losses as well.

Simms sucks every night.

teabag_1_medium.gif

"Oops, sorry... I sucked the bag again."

o_O

Last edited:
Simms was actually an equal opportunity offender. There was one play where Chung should have drawn a flag. First Simms said something along the lines of 'great coverage' and then on the replay he says 'he grabbed a bit of his jersey there'.

I guess it is a case of networks wanting to keep familiar names/faces for casual fans. There are just so many cases of television announcers/analysts/reporters/hosts staying around far too long. It was the case way back when with Howard Cosell, and later with John Madden. More recent examples include Simms, Aikman, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, etc. Fortunately FOX carries the NFC rather than the AFC. Otherwise we would occasionally have Patriot games announced by **** Stockton, who must be about 120 years old at this point.

Maybe we should be careful about what we wish for. If Simms is put out to pasture would that mean that Dan Fouts would get bumped up to the number one spot, including playoff games?

Dan Fours dear god....

But yea Simms is so bad he screws nantz up who is otherwise pretty good. Simms is just so so so very bad.

I used to like Simms. Not sure what happened to him. They always put him and Nantz for the important games so CBS must think they're the best they have. Fouts is beyond awful. I thought Gannon did ok in one game. I've started muting the games and listening to Zolak and Socci on the radio.

I enjoy them both and tough crap...seriously

Far, FAR better than the guy with no brains, Dan Fouts

Last edited:
I was at the game and at one point a close up of Nantz came up on the Jumbotron. The man needs to stop the Botox or lifts. He's reaching fast the Kenny Rogers point of no return.

When has there been a game where Simms is actually good? I hope they pay Nantz extra for having to get through a game with that buffoon sitting beside him.

I was at the game and at one point a close up of Nantz came up on the Jumbotron. The man needs to stop the Botox or lifts. He's reaching fast the Kenny Rogers point of no return.

He ditched his wife of 30 years after playing office with a thritysomething who he decided to marry so hes having an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye