PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Pats-Chiefs in Home Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should have been atlanta. it makes no sense that it isn't. All because of ron riveras crying. and ridiculous excuse making.

It's not Rivera crying as much as Arthur Blank asking for it because they are opening up a new stadium. Those requests usually get fulfilled.

Lame... Falcons were by far the best, most interesting game.

Makes sense. Chiefs fans thought they had the better team in the 2015 playoff game. They will get the rematch they want.

Counting down the days for the banner night

If the Chiefs defense plays anywhere near like they did at the end of 2016, this has the makings of a blowout.

The only interesting things about the schedule release is where the BYE will be and what games follows our MNF.

Apart from that I think we might play @Miami at TNF sometime early in the year where there is a bigger chance that the two teams will be close in terms of standings.

Miami with their god awful, butt ugly "color rush" uniforms??

Will try to get tix for the opener, a 65th BDay present for my wife another great pats fan..

I was there the last time the Pat's opened up against the Chiefs. It was a horrible day. The Pats won....walking out of the stadium the crowd was in shock and almost silent.

If I was Atlanta, I would have wanted the Patriots in the opener. Now they will have to hear about their loss sometime during the middle of the season. Rather just get the pain out of the way.

I dont begrudge the Falcons getting to open their new stadium at home. The new stadium also gives Roger an excuse and place to scurry off to.

KC should be a good exciting game and in any event it really doesn't matter who they play I'm just pumped for it.

It will be a good game. Not a guaranteed win. But the rest of the season isn't exactly a gauntlet, so getting one of the tough games out of the way early will be good.

Hopefully it doesn't end like the last time the Patriots opened against the Chiefs.
I think the schedule is tough. Road games at Denver, Pittsburgh, Saints, Raiders (Mexico), and of course the division games can be a struggle.

I am looking forward to heading to the opener to see the Pats raise another banner. My first game with season tickets was when they raised the 1st banner for the Steelers. What a crazy run this has been! When I went to that first game, I never would have thought I would see the team raise 5 banners!! I'm enjoying every second of it. Yesterday, my wife yelled at me because I paused my tv to have Brady holding the SB trophy behind my kids in the Easter pictures. She also wasn't pleased with the most recent Superbowl being played for the 1,000th time during the Easter party. Can we fast forward to the opener!!!

Well the KC Chiefs are a joke when it comes to post season games and playoffs ambitions under Reid/Smith but as a regular season game specially week 1 it can be a dangerous game for sure. I still think we win but not a gimme at all.

Well the KC Chiefs are a joke when it comes to post season games and playoffs ambitions under Reid/Smith but as a regular season game specially week 1 it can be a dangerous game for sure. I still think we win but not a gimme at all.
The last time the Chiefs beat the Patriots it was a humiliating loss. We all came off of it feeling low and the talking heads spent that week talking about Brady's end of career slide and the demise of the dynasty. Then Sunday came and the Superbowl run started.

The Chiefs were a great team back in the 70s, when Dave 'Killer' Carlson and The Hanson Brothers were still playing

they will be the first victim of the gronk and cooks combo

Makes sense. Chiefs fans thought they had the better team in the 2015 playoff game. They will get the rematch they want.

Patriots whooped their ass with literally half a team. If I were a KC fan, I'd be way too embarrassed to ever bring that game up.

I think the schedule is tough. Road games at Denver, Pittsburgh, Saints, Raiders (Mexico), and of course the division games can be a struggle.

I love your sense of humor.

The bolded games will all be certain victories, barring a massive amount of injuries. The game against the Raiders will be a road game for both teams, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots are well represented in the crowd. They usually are in international games.

The Saints game will very likely be a victory as well, but we'll see what the Saints do in the rest of the offseason. That dome isn't exactly an easy place to play.

This will probably happen but I take it with a grain of salt because Volin is the source.

Chiefs have the talent to be one of the top NFL teams and a legit super bowl contender. Their coaching though kills them.

I could go over the X's and O's as to why I think the Pats win. In the end it will be conservative offense and bad clock management that will really doom them.

Let me tell you how this game will go. Just like most Reid games go.

First off a lot of run run pass on 3rd and long cause you need to make scoring hard on yourself. Only after by doing that over and over again allow yourself to get behind do you make bonehead calls and waste time outs to handicap your team. When the Pats are up 2 scores in the 4th (and they will be) we will see Reid run a 13 play 6 minute drive and KC fans will pull their hair out as the whole world shrugs and remarks "typical Andy Reid".

Should be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye