PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Moss would return if Pats come calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why, Randy? Why did you have to melt down and get traded? Why couldn't you stay 2007 Randy Moss for a few more seasons?

I know several people have said this before, but if we could guarantee that we were getting RandyMoss2007 back I'd be all for it. What incredible talent! But we can't know that for sure, and he might go 2010 on us again and that's such a waste and disappointment. So, no.

I keep imagining those early games like the one against Miami where he ran through the Fins' secondary like a jogger sprinting amongst hot dog vendors pushing their street carts, making it look SO EASY blasting through THREE OF THEM and catching Brady's throw for a TD.... Why can't we have THAT Moss? AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH.....

Truth is, I'm sure we'll be fine without him, but wasn't it glorious?

And here I was thinking we could go a full week without a Randy Moss thread, given the availability of discussions such as debating final roster cuts, 2011 predictions, and the upcoming week one opponent.

What was I thinking?

Regarding the PFT column, is it possible to jam any more speculation into a single paragraph than this?:

Notwithstanding the supposed unwritten rule that writers shouldn’t speculate about other writers’ sources, here’s what I think happened: Moss would only agree to be interviewed if he wasn’t asked about his potential NFL future, and Moss agreed to provide some insight into his thinking off camera, but only if his name wasn’t attached to it.

If we have a couple of injuries at WR early in the season, Moss wouldn't be a bad option to have available. Given how ineffective he was last year, though, who even knows if he can still play.

Dear Randy

If you would like to return to play for the Patriots,Please feel free to call us at our office at Gillette and ask to speak to me directly.

You may call anytime at 1-800-GETLOST

Sincerely Yours,
Jonathan Kraft

If we have a couple of injuries at WR early in the season, Moss wouldn't be a bad option to have available. Given how ineffective he was last year, though, who even knows if he can still play.

Exactly. If we need somebody to run down the field and drag a competent CB with him every play, he could be useful to have.

Let's hope it doesn't get that bad.

Said it before, say it again. I'm all for Randy Moss coming back. Seems like he's ate a slice of humble pie and just wants back in.

Said it before, say it again. I'm all for Randy Moss coming back. Seems like he's ate a slice of humble pie and just wants back in.

He had some humble pie last time but he got a tummy ache

Can he deliver ice cold Gatoraid to the players fast enough so they don't get dehydrated?

If so,then I want him back,we need a quick guy for refreshments...

if he wants something else such as playing WR,something that he can no longer do effectively or consistently?...then no

Why, Randy? Why did you have to melt down and get traded? Why couldn't you stay 2007 Randy Moss for a few more seasons?

I know several people have said this before, but if we could guarantee that we were getting RandyMoss2007 back I'd be all for it. What incredible talent! But we can't know that for sure, and he might go 2010 on us again and that's such a waste and disappointment. So, no.

I keep imagining those early games like the one against Miami where he ran through the Fins' secondary like a jogger sprinting amongst hot dog vendors pushing their street carts, making it look SO EASY blasting through THREE OF THEM and catching Brady's throw for a TD.... Why can't we have THAT Moss? AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH.....

Truth is, I'm sure we'll be fine without him, but wasn't it glorious?

Umm...it's a thing called getting older. Moss was at the end of his prime in 07. By last year it was different story.

We already have one receiver who has a reputation of not running the routes as required. We don't need another who is even worse.

This is like me getting drunk and trying to get my ex-girlfriend back on Facebook. We broke up a while ago. If we got back together it would be sweet. Will we get back together? Probably not. Is it possible? Yeah, I guess so, probably not.

Yes yes yes. The Jets destroyed the Patriots because they had no deep threat and the Patriots still have no deep threat. Randy would take the top off the defense.

And as a added bonus...this would drive Felger mad.

Umm...it's a thing called getting older. Moss was at the end of his prime in 07. By last year it was different story.

We already have one receiver who has a reputation of not running the routes as required. We don't need another who is even worse.

I was not aware that Randy had trouble running routes. He main problem was the ice packs on both knees. In the somewhat unlikely event that his knees are better I would say Heck Yeah. He does not have to catch a lot of passes; just his presence on the field changes the defense.

This is like me getting drunk and trying to get my ex-girlfriend back on Facebook. We broke up a while ago. If we got back together it would be sweet. Will we get back together? Probably not. Is it possible? Yeah, I guess so, probably not.

More like if you take a container of milk out of the fridge and finds it's gone sour and put it back in the fridge, it's still rotten the next time you go to the fridge....

Yes yes yes. The Jets destroyed the Patriots because they had no deep threat and the Patriots still have no deep threat. Randy would take the top off the defense.

And as a added bonus...this would drive Felger mad.

HA HA now you are really tempting me to jump sides ...;)

Im looking forward to Ocho and Taylor Price this season even if they have struggles early.

Moss is in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes