PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Emerging rumors of BB and SP to Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, BB was not even a .500 coach before Brady and before BB, Brady was a 4th stringer 6th rounder - quite a team they make together and I think they both know what they have.
You are either forgetting a few things or ginoring them. Before BB, Brady was not a foukrth stringer, sixth round pick. Before BB, Brady was a college player. Brady can be a great QB on another team. He doesn't need BB.

Before NE, BB coached the Browns, with an interfering owner. Now he has an owner who lets him call the shots. One of the strengths of the Superbowl teams, especially the fist one, was defensive schemes. I don't recall Brady playing CB.

Both BB and Brady are great. They aren't going to turn inot crap if they go separate ways, and they know it.

We are all total morons for continuing to discuss the whys, hows, and what-happens-whens of BB and SP leaving the Patriots this year.

We are all total morons for continuing to discuss the whys, hows, and what-happens-whens of BB and SP leaving the Patriots this year.
Duh-uh, wuh u meen, BB wanna gi-ant ***** mus b truuu

hitsfan.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No disrespect to other posters, but that smiley is by some way the best contribution to this thread.

Which NFL coach has BB most disliked throughout his career? Carpetbagger Parcells. Which NFL coaches has BB most admired? Paul Brown and Don Shula. It wouldn't be surprising if BB stayed for another ten years, establishing himself as the anti-Parcells for the history books, in the model of his heroes.

From your keyboard to God's ears. Eyes. E-mail. Whatever. That sounds good... Brady and Seymour through 2010, BB through 2016, 2 first rounders, plenty of cap room... oh what the heck, it's the season, I also want the XLI trophy under my tree.

Though the fan smiley is worth all our words put together.

PFnV

.... Brady has never been shy about calling BB the greatest coach in NFL history and always spouts the utmost respect for BB and has complete trust in his coasch. I think when all is said and done and they are both in Canton making their induction speeches, we will hear the details of what each has meant to the other, but that comes after it is all done by again respecting the moment and the team. I SERIOUSLY doubt that BB will want to leave with what he has established with Tom Brady. BB and Brady could go down as the best coach and QB in the history of the NFL and they are just in the middle of this run -with Brady only 29 and seemingly having his best prime years ahead of him. Together, they have developed quite a reputation for themselves and are the coach/qb tandem that NO ONE wants to face in the post season. I just heard Ray Lewis on ESPN radio and he said straight out that he did not want to face the Pats with BB developing the game plan and having Brady (who he called the Best, NO DOUBT) executing that game plan! I know most teams feel this way since they are so proven.

Powerful stuff.

Hard to imagine otherwise.

Mangenius and his damned disinformation deception and distraction !
What a dishonest turd.

Here's their latest :

"Okay, we know that we promised to share the "stunning" news that we've picked up regarding the future of the Giants last night, but we were putting up other stories and doing other holiday-related stuff and wanted to have the time to sit down and focus on this one.

Anyway, here's what we've picked up, all from our network of league and industry sources.

First, former Texans and Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly is regarded as the top prospect to replace Ernie Accorsi in New York. Casserly was interviewed for the job last week.

Second, New England V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli wants the Giants G.M. job, but Bob and Jonathan Kraft (who own the Patriots) don't want to let him go -- and the Giants apparently are inclined to defer to them, which Cleveland owner Randy Lerner supposedly did a couple of years ago before Phil Savage was hired as the Browns G.M.

Third, the Patriots (as we hear it) are more inclined to let coach Bill Belichick leave than Pioli. Myra Kraft, the wife of Bob Kraft, is said to be very troubled by reports of Belichick's alleged "relationship" with a married woman in New Jersey, which information surfaced earlier this year in connection with the woman's divorce proceedings.

Fourth, the Giants aren't inclined to hire Belichick because of those same dynamics. "They don't need another P.R. nightmare," said one source. Just last week, Page Six of the New York Post disclosed that the divorce complaint has been amended by Vincent Shenocca to accuse his wife and Belichick of adultery.

Fifth, if Casserly gets the G.M. job, his first choice for head coach will be former Packers coach Mike Sherman, who was hired as an assistant with the Texans while Casserly's tenure was winding down.

Sixth, a dark horse candidate for the Giants job is Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Morningsomething. (Insert shudder here.)

Seventh, and finally, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis wants the Giants job, but realizes that it could be a dead end in the short term. He likewise doesn't want to leave the Irish so soon after his arrival two seasons ago.

So there you have it. The current talk from folks in the know. Regardless of what actually happens, it's gonna be an interesting ride for the G-men over the next couple of weeks."

Of course, Casserly going there would probably preclude Belichick too ;)

I'll admit I'm a little concerned. Like Borges or not, he has some sources, IMO, and with his Texans rumor followed by this . . . all I can say is if stupid Myra blows this whole thing . . . I don't know . . . leave it to a woman I guess :(

Of course, Casserly going there would probably preclude Belichick too ;)

I'll admit I'm a little concerned. Like Borges or not, he has some sources, IMO, and with his Texans rumor followed by this . . . all I can say is if stupid Myra blows this whole thing . . . I don't know . . . leave it to a woman I guess :(

Maybe it's time for some Pats fans to tell Mrya about the 'gentleman's club' they met Kraft in near Buffalo when Ty Law's cousin got him in all that trouble. Bring out the nukes!

If Belichick leaves ...

BelichickFan cited this paragraph from PFT in this thread

http://208.109.107.176/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=46882&page=7

Third, the Patriots (as we hear it) are more inclined to let coach Bill Belichick leave than Pioli. Myra Kraft, the wife of Bob Kraft, is said to be very troubled by reports of Belichick's alleged "relationship" with a married woman in New Jersey, which information surfaced earlier this year in connection with the woman's divorce proceedings.

If the Pats lost Belichick, I would be disgusted with Kraft.

BB has brought football to a new and more intelligent level. He's made the game much more interesting, and with Kraft and Brady has made the Pats a joy to watch. He has brought in troubled players and turned them around, made has-beens and no-names into great players, and built a team that has an honest and ethical quality in the way it approaches the game.

Besides, it's not clear what's going on in the divorce case. Why would Kraft take Vincent Shenocca's side, and not the wife's side? Maybe Vincent really was abusive, and maybe BB only intended on helping her through a difficult time. Maybe in his compassion for her, he ended up falling in love. The fact is, according to the Herald, BB remains close to his current wife and kids, so it's possible the only victim here is an abusive husband.

If Kraft and his wife are so holier-than-thou that they would betray the fans, then I would regard Kraft as just another pompous, self-righteous owner, and not one who has New England in mind. BB's contributions to the Pats and to New England far outweigh the possible mistake he may have made in his love life.

Re: If Belichick leaves ...

If the field was made of pink marshmallows, how would that affect the running game?

If I were Bob, I would dump Myra before Bill :)

Like I said in the other thread, this thing combined with Borges' talk of the Texans has me a little on the nervous side. You don't just replace Belichick and move on. It ends. It's over. O V E R. Someone else's time.

I know that all these leagues pass GMs and coaches from one team to another. Once you are hired once you have a job for life on one team or another but why in the world would anyone want to hire Casserly?

A team like the Giants, the darlkings of NY and huge draw nation wide should be looking to hire the cream of the crop not some retread.

http://brazosportnews.blogspot.com/2005/11/charley-casserly-dead-man-walkin.html#links

Here's their latest :

"Okay, we know that we promised to share the "stunning" news that we've picked up regarding the future of the Giants last night, but we were putting up other stories and doing other holiday-related stuff and wanted to have the time to sit down and focus on this one.

Anyway, here's what we've picked up, all from our network of league and industry sources.

First, former Texans and Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly is regarded as the top prospect to replace Ernie Accorsi in New York. Casserly was interviewed for the job last week.

Second, New England V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli wants the Giants G.M. job, but Bob and Jonathan Kraft (who own the Patriots) don't want to let him go -- and the Giants apparently are inclined to defer to them, which Cleveland owner Randy Lerner supposedly did a couple of years ago before Phil Savage was hired as the Browns G.M.

Fourth, the Giants aren't inclined to hire Belichick because of those same dynamics. "They don't need another P.R. nightmare," said one source. Just last week, Page Six of the New York Post disclosed that the divorce complaint has been amended by Vincent Shenocca to accuse his wife and Belichick of adultery.

Fifth, if Casserly gets the G.M. job, his first choice for head coach will be former Packers coach Mike Sherman, who was hired as an assistant with the Texans while Casserly's tenure was winding down.

Sixth, a dark horse candidate for the Giants job is Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Morningsomething. (Insert shudder here.)

Seventh, and finally, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis wants the Giants job, but realizes that it could be a dead end in the short term. He likewise doesn't want to leave the Irish so soon after his arrival two seasons ago.

So there you have it. The current talk from folks in the know. Regardless of what actually happens, it's gonna be an interesting ride for the G-men over the next couple of weeks."

I'm really disappointed that a mod here would generate a duplicate thread based on the exact same PFT rumor mongering that perhaps understandably generated a thread to begin with. I'd like to think this is a thread that plainly screams to be merged...by a mod. :rolleyes:

I think it's a valid concern and discussion point now that two sources have linked him to two different jobs. Longshots maybe but still. The liklihood may not be high but the consequences are of the highest magnitude - in the worse way.

Kraft would not let the same thing that happend 10 yrs ago.. Belichick has lot more to do with the success of the team than Kraft.. Kraft has learned his lesson and has been a non vocal figure with the exception of accepting the Vince Lombardi Trophy's...

I'm really disappointed that a mod here would generate a duplicate thread based on the exact same PFT rumor mongering that perhaps understandably generated a thread to begin with. I'd like to think this is a thread that plainly screams to be merged...by a mod. :rolleyes:

As I saw it, the other thread (now this thread) was about the rumors in general, and covered a laundry list of topics. This one is specifically about how unfair the Krafts would be if they lost BB.

BelichickFan cited this paragraph from PFT in this thread

http://208.109.107.176/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=46882&page=7

If the Pats lost Belichick, I would be disgusted with Kraft.

BB has brought football to a new and more intelligent level. He's made the game much more interesting, and with Kraft and Brady has made the Pats a joy to watch. He has brought in troubled players and turned them around, made has-beens and no-names into great players, and built a team that has an honest and ethical quality in the way it approaches the game.

Besides, it's not clear what's going on in the divorce case. Why would Kraft take Vincent Shenocca's side, and not the wife's side? Maybe Vincent really was abusive, and maybe BB only intended on helping her through a difficult time. Maybe in his compassion for her, he ended up falling in love. The fact is, according to the Herald, BB remains close to his current wife and kids, so it's possible the only victim here is an abusive husband.

If Kraft and his wife are so holier-than-thou that they would betray the fans, then I would regard Kraft as just another pompous, self-righteous owner, and not one who has New England in mind. BB's contributions to the Pats and to New England far outweigh the possible mistake he may have made in his love life.

Ummmm....why are you jumping all over Bob and Myra Kraft for something that hasn't occurred yet?

I think it's a valid concern and discussion point now that two sources have linked him to two different jobs. Longshots maybe but still. The liklihood may not be high but the consequences are of the highest magnitude - in the worse way.

Apparently lessening traffic in NY is a factor, (check video).
http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/videos/13

Meanwhile, according to one of the largest circulation papers around, we have problems down South! They wouldn't just make this stuff up!!!

B00005Y2B3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

As I saw it, the other thread was about the rumors in general, and covered a laundry list of topics. This one is specifically about how unfair the Krafts would be if they lost BB. But, I do appreciate your point, and suggest you simply not post in this thread. :rolleyes:

Unadulterated semantics......seems misplaced on the football forum.

Unadulterated semantics......seems misplaced on the football forum.

I guess you don't know what semantics means, or you disagree that this thread covers multiple subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back