PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Bill "has shopped" Mac

Callahan doing Patriots mop up duty

Oh shut the hell up. You know, whoever is holding your hand through life deserves combat pay.

Understood. Who do you suggest? I love Flowers and JSN, but I don't think either is a #1, maybe a #1 in a few years but only in the short and intermediate areas of the field - neither will threaten all three depths.
I don’t think that player we need comes in as a rookie. Team needs an immediate impact who’ll come in day 1 and be the 1 WR. Only way that happens is via trade imo.

Was Jones justified in 'seeking help' from outside the Patriots coaching staff OR does BB have a legit axe to grind because of this behavior?
Mac needs to have Jack Jones explain to him just how things work when you cross the HC.

I don’t think that player we need comes in as a rookie. Team needs an immediate impact who’ll come in day 1 and be the 1 WR. Only way that happens is via trade imo.

Agreed. Jeudy would be ideal. Not sure there is anyone else out there but I would not know.

Callahan obviously drew the short straw and had to do media clean up for another Patriots Belichick foible

What about Mark Daniels? He drew a short straw too? And the Bucs and Raiders who said they didn't have any Mac trade talks? BB has voodoo control over other teams?

Or maybe the rumors were all made up to get clicks? T Curran is washed up, even P Perry was careful to word his skepticism because he does not want to embarrass Curran. P Perry also drew a short straw? Haha.

Do you realize these wild ass rumors that are completey false only improve BB's standing with the Krafts?

If bill trades Mac getting a third or fourth rounder in compensation , bill ought to be fired . This is coming from a IBBWT guy till 2022 mid season.

Mac was put in a position of failure and what do you expect when you have abundance of incompetence in judge and Patricia . Again go and ask them for advice. It like asking for fashion advice from the emperor with no clothes.

This off season has been irritating. I hope Mac is not traded . There is still a chance for us to see what Mac can do . If bill is so sure and wants to trade for lamar to get to shula's record. We might as well trade bill and Mac together, tank this season for Caleb next year . Better than having lamar suck us out of contention for next 6 years .

Sorry for the rant . Really irritated with this news.
You have a lot of extra words in this post.

Certainly by mid-2022, it should have been clear to all that Coach Belichick should be fired. By year end, it was clear that GM belichick should ahve been fired for not firing the coach.

Of course, it wasn't clear to all of us. We thought that turning over the Offense to a new OC and coaching staff, a good off-season and a good draft would be enough to start over after the wasted year. Now, it just gets worse. Perhaps, Belichick will trade away both Mac AND Jack Jones.

Last edited:

Certainly by mid-2022, it should have been clear to all that Coach Belichick should be fired. By year end, it was clear that GM belichick should ahve been fired for not firing the coach.

Of course, it wasn't clear to all of us. We thought that turning over the Offense to a new OC and coaching staff, a good off-season and a good draft would be enough to start over after the wasted year. Now, it just gets worse. Perhaps, Belichick will trade away both Mac AND Jack Jones.

How does it now get worse? More reporters are saying the rumor is BS than supporting the rumor. Are you lost?

Attachments

• 211.jpg
    211.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 4
  • RKK.jpg
    RKK.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 4

By mid 2022 I think it was clear to all that what went down was a fireable offense under normal circumstances. But with BBs resume circumstances are not normal and it's still the right thing to weigh the good more than the bad.

I mean the only way anyone can justify Bill not getting more of a leash is first to discredit his previous accomplishments as being all TB12. Which I just find silly. Otherwise he deserves longer than everyone else with a SB win on their resume nevermind 6.

Somehow Sean Payton still gets credit. He only won one and it was over a decade ago. Yet he gets hired to new a spot and is considered one of the best in the league again even before a game with the new team.

Does anybody else find it hard to believe a GM/Coach that BB contacted wouldn't have leaked the info to a media source before today? IMO, if Bill really wanted to move Mac, then we would have heard about potential teams with offers.
You're assuming there were offers to speak of.

This all makes me think a bit more about McCourty's recent comments as well about how there were guys on the team in the locker room last year who were saying Zappe should keep the starting job. The only guys I can think of who were very outwardly "pro-Mac" are Meyers (gone) and Harris (gone). Hoyer reportedly was also defending Mac, he got cut. Only other guy I can think of is maybe Bourne.
Crazy, I didn't catch those comments from McCourty. What did he say exactly?

Must've been a fluke those people ended up as football players on an NFL team when we all know that thinking Zappe is a better QB than Mac means you don't know anything about football and that you should also make efforts to separate yourself from society.

How does it now get worse? More reporters are saying the rumor is BS than supporting the rumor. Are you lost?
You are free to believe that Belichick bears no animosity towards Mac, and will soon name him as his starter, and will fully support him.

You are certainly free to believe that Belichick has contacted NO teams about possible trades.
==============================

The GOOD news is that there has been no trade.

The POSSIBLE GOOD NEWS is that Belichick will allow BOB to run the Offense without Belichick making the decisions of which players have what roles. Perhaps, Kraft has already insisted on this, perhaps not.

Perhaps, Belichick will actually be a coach and help out where his skills are needed, especially Special team, including deciding on punter and kicker.
=================
But, after all of Bill's decisions last year, I have little confidence that he hasn't considered retaliation against those who crossed him in 2022. Bill just doesn't put up with those who question his authority, and certainly not those who simply ignore him and go out of the organization to get help.

If Belichick believed Zappe was that guy, he would have stuck with Zappe after the Bears' fiasco. If he believed in Zappe, he would have put him in when the Pats had nothing to play for at the end of the season just to see what he had for next year.
Belichick can believe Zappe is the guy now without having full conviction Zappe is the guy after the Bears game. Or maybe he needed to see that Mac wasn't the guy more than he needed to see Zappe was.

And as far as I remember, the Pats never played a meaningless game last season.

I kinda do.

Belichick is hoping to trade Mac Jones, bring in Lamar Jackson, and then draft Bama safety Brian Branch in the first round when elite OTs and CBs are available.
I'd legit rather have Mac than Lamar.

I find it amazing that there are so many people on this board that are nothing more than puppets when it comes to stories about this team. Especially when the "reporter" who bring the information hasn't broken a story about the team in forever.

When was the last time Chris Simms broke a story about this team?
When was the last time Felger broke a story about this team?

The same can be said about Tomase, Volin, and a lesser extent, Bedard.

Yet, as soon one of them posts anything, that is a brigade on here waving it around as if it's the Gospel. Regardless of whether or not they have anything but a SINGULAR source. If it wasn't so pitiful, it'd be hilarious.

It's mind-boggling how people ignore the LEGIT reporters like Reiss, Daniels, Lazar, Howe, etc. Guys who actually have legit sources inside the team and who make sure they have more than an unverified source.

You are free to believe that Belichick bears no animosity towards Mac, and will soon name him as his starter, and will fully support him.

You are certainly free to believe that Belichick has contacted NO teams about possible trades.
==============================

The GOOD news is that there has been no trade.

The POSSIBLE GOOD NEWS is that Belichick will allow BOB to run the Offense without Belichick making the decisions of which players have what roles. Perhaps, Kraft has already insisted on this, perhaps not.

Perhaps, Belichick will actually be a coach and help out where his skills are needed, especially Special team, including deciding on punter and kicker.
=================
But, after all of Bill's decisions last year, I have little confidence that he hasn't considered retaliation against those who crossed him in 2022. Bill just doesn't put up with those who question his authority, and certainly not those who simply ignore him and go out of the organization to get help.

The Raiders and Bucs leaked to Mark Daniels that they had no trade talks about Mac. Pretty clear the T Curran stuff is BS.

Why do you think BB is considering retaliation? Do you have a link to support that thought or is it your own conspiracy theory? You are certainly free to have as many conspiracy theories as you like.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back