PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Bill "has shopped" Mac

And what is Kraft going to do about it? Fire Belichick? Don't make me laugh.

Kraft is all about rolling over and exposing his soft underbelly as soon as he faces resistance.

Goodell stabbed him in the back and there were no repercussions from Kraft. He even convinced the owners to give Goodell an extension.

The last time Kraft put his foot down was to ask BB to trade away Jimmy Garoppolo in 2017.

But when Kraft was finally pushed in 2020, who did he side with, Brady or his head coach? Brady wanted to play until he was 45, with the Patriots, BB was convinced that Brady was washed. Ultimately Brady had to leave and Kraft was powerless to stop it.

As for Kraft and Mac Jones? He barely knows Mac Jones. He claimed that Brady was like 'a son' to him. If Kraft didn't even stop Brady from being pushed out the door, he's certainly not going to stop BB from trading Mac Jones, if that's what Bill really wants to do.
Kraft looks at BB differently than 4 years ago. 4 years of not being really in the mix to win a championship. BB’s rope is not infinite.

Kraft looks at BB differently than 4 years ago. 4 years of not being really in the mix to win a championship. BB’s rope is not infinite.
I'll believe that Kraft has finally grown a backbone when he takes away GM duties from BB.

Until then it's business as usual IE BB wears the pants in the relationship and Kraft just stays out of his way.

Merely sternly wagging your finger in disapproval doesn't actually affect anyone in the real world.

You know they make up stories? How do you “know this”? What evidence?

Here, this will interest you and your fellow fans:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bildo-factory-video_n_6507058

What do the numbers look like?
They look like Newton is going to make a big comeback for one team

Newton was the best player on the floor in UConn game last night now today this news comes out, makes me think NE .. but Cam definitely isn't done, he's far from it .. there's a lot to say

I'll believe that Kraft has grown a backbone when he takes away GM duties from BB. Until then it's business as usual IE BB wears the pants in the relationship and Kraft just stays out of his way.
BB’s contract says he has GM duties. Unless he voluntarily gives that up, the only thing Kraft can do is terminate his employment in its entirety.

BB’s contract says he has GM duties. Unless he voluntarily gives that up, the only thing Kraft can do is terminate his employment in its entirety.
Contracts are renegotiated all the time in the NFL.

Example - There's nothing stopping Kraft from saying, BB I'll give you a 2m dollar raise per year, but you've got to give up GM duties to stay with the team as its Head Coach.

Bottom line - I don't believe gutless Bob has the balls to make such an ultimatum. Status quo is how it's gonna go.

This board has more trolls than fans. The trolls are just having too much fun stoking fans' misery.

It's amazing how many people are so dedicated to dumping on BB, Mac, Kraft, etc. vs. actively rooting for them and the team to do well.

This board has more trolls than fans. The trolls are just having too much fun stoking fans' misery.
Fair weather fans, they were all onboard when the team was winning every year but now that we're going through some growing pains, they can't take it. I figured a few would turn on the team because they're spoiled, I guess I'm just surprised at the amount. Like, let's fire BB and we'll be back in the AFC championship game every other year, ridiculous. If you can't back your team when things are not going well, you're not a fan.

Fair weather fans, they were all onboard when the team was winning every year but now that we're going through some growing pains, they can't take it. I figured a few would turn on the team because they're spoiled, I guess I'm just surprised at the amount. Like, let's fire BB and we'll be back in the AFC championship game every other year, ridiculous. If you can't back your team when things are not going well, you're not a fan.
Actually some of the posters here were complaining when the team was winning. They seem to always find something to complain about no matter what is happening with the team.

Says a lot about them...

Mark Daniel's report:

“One NFL source said they hadn’t heard anything about the Patriots shopping Jones to any team this offseason, adding, ‘That’s news to me.’ A second NFL source said the Patriots haven’t contacted the Buccaneers about Jones, saying his name ‘has never come up’ this offseason. A third NFL source said the Patriots have not contacted the Raiders about a trade involving Jones, either.”

Mark Daniel's report:

“One NFL source said they hadn’t heard anything about the Patriots shopping Jones to any team this offseason, adding, ‘That’s news to me.’ A second NFL source said the Patriots haven’t contacted the Buccaneers about Jones, saying his name ‘has never come up’ this offseason. A third NFL source said the Patriots have not contacted the Raiders about a trade involving Jones, either.”
Hey! An actual report with multiple sources!

Mark Daniel's report:

Kind of makes this whole thread with all the speculation pointless.

Contracts are renegotiated all the time in the NFL.

Example - There's nothing stopping Kraft from saying, BB I'll give you a 2m dollar raise per year, but you've got to give up GM duties to stay with the team as its Head Coach.

Bottom line - I don't believe gutless Bob has the balls to make such an ultimatum. Status quo is how it's gonna go.
Nonsense. If Kraft tells Bill he's taking away GM duties Bill will leave.

A subsequent report from MassLive.com’s Mark Daniels, however, indicated the Patriots have not actually discussed a potential Jones trade with either Las Vegas or Tampa Bay. Daniels added that he and “several sources” he spoke with would be surprised if the third-year quarterback is dealt.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back