PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton,Pryton Peyton

Most boards skew homer and are heavily anti-rival. This place is no different. You have to learn the individual posters. Kontradiction and BradyFTW! are usually pretty straight shooters, for example.

I should point out, though, your blind defense of the Five-head regarding the teabagging incident doesn't really give you much room to talk about bias.

I know that character Kon, lol. He has his good moments and bad in opinion. He and others seam to be stuck on the point that Peyton has a weak arm. I'll admit he doesn't have a rocket, but he seems to be pretty good at hitting D Thomas deep. I'm willing to bet he had over 20 TDs over 20yards in the air. Not saying he's got Cutler's arm, but after 55 TDs, I'll take that wet noodle arm.

On the teabagging incident, I've never even heard rumors of it. He supposedly mooned her 20 years ago in college. I don't think teabagging is a forcable action. Kind of hard for me to believe. People bring up all types of dirt to criticize players, I don't even hear Pats fan using this incident.

I wonder if the Broncos are giving Peyton extra reps in training camp so he can concentrate on catching shotgun snaps?

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, all I ever hear is Marsha -Jan Brady

I know that character Kon, lol. He has his good moments and bad in opinion. He and others seam to be stuck on the point that Peyton has a weak arm. I'll admit he doesn't have a rocket, but he seems to be pretty good at hitting D Thomas deep. I'm willing to bet he had over 20 TDs over 20yards in the air. Not saying he's got Cutler's arm, but after 55 TDs, I'll take that wet noodle arm.

Manning's arm has clearly lost strength, as we all saw in that first Patriots/Broncos game last season. Manning himself has admitted that his arm is not what it was.

"I'm not at a 100 percent compared to what I was before my surgery,'' Manning said during his segment. "But I have made strides each season and this year felt a lot better than I did the year before. These nerves just go at their own pace.''...

...Maybe I can't throw the 100 mile-an-hour fastball any more, but I can still strike you out, picking my spots, working the plate. I don't make the same kind of throws I used to make, I try to use the cerebral part, use my experience.''

At this point, you're just arguing with Kontra about the extent of the weakening, not about the fact of it.

On the teabagging incident, I've never even heard rumors of it. He supposedly mooned her 20 years ago in college. I don't think teabagging is a forcable action. Kind of hard for me to believe. People bring up all types of dirt to criticize players, I don't even hear Pats fan using this incident.

I already linked to a story laying it out, and he didn't just moon the trainer. The fact that you're still going with "hard for me to believe" just makes my point about your bias.

Manning's arm has clearly lost strength, as we all saw in that first Patriots/Broncos game last season. Manning himself has admitted that his arm is not what it was.

At this point, you're just arguing with Kontra about the extent of the weakening, not about the fact of it.

I already linked to a story laying it out, and he didn't just moon the trainer. The fact that you're still going with "hard for me to believe" just makes my point about your bias.

I'm not arguing he has lost arm strength at all. I'm just saying he's still really good without the arm strength. He threw 55 TDs last season, so I'm just stating he's effective.

You posted one article.... and I'm supposed to say okay it's a fact. If any fanbase would hate Peyton, it could arguably be this one. And I don't even hear anyone but you claiming he teabagged someone. I'd expect it to be a common insult, but I you're the 1st one I've heard.......

You may be standing alone on this one. Not many other people believe Deckers better. Many good teams needed WRs and not many but the lowly Jets made an offer. Peyton has never had a rocket arm but DT and Decker scored on quite a few deep passes this past season.

I think both of em are pretty overrated.

It wasn't 'mooning' it was a despicable act.

To be entirely too specific:

Naughright and her lawyer provided a different version of events. In a court filing, her lawyer wrote that she was examining Manning to see why Manning was having pain in one of his feet and was crouched behind him when “entirely unprovoked, Peyton Manning decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright’s head and face.”

As Naughright described it in a deposition entered into the court record: “It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up. … To get leverage, I took my head out to push him up and off.”

No. That's Lorne Malvo of "Fargo", the TV mini-series. A truly despicable human being. May God have mercy on his soul.

He certainly came to a rough end.

I'm not arguing he has lost arm strength at all. I'm just saying he's still really good without the arm strength. He threw 55 TDs last season, so I'm just stating he's effective.

You posted one article.... and I'm supposed to say okay it's a fact. If any fanbase would hate Peyton, it could arguably be this one. And I don't even hear anyone but you claiming he teabagged someone. I'd expect it to be a common insult, but I you're the 1st one I've heard.......

Both Manning and the college settled, so we can't get every single detail, but......

Take it up with the judge:

Court documents raise questions about Manning's veracity. In denying Manning's request for dismissal, Polk County Circuit Judge Harvey A. Kornstein wrote, in part: "Even if the plaintiff is a public figure, the evidence of record contains sufficient evidence to satisfy the court that a genuine issue of material fact exists that would allow a jury to find, by clear and convincing evidence, the existence of actual malice of the part of the defendants....

"Specifically, there is evidence of record, substantial enough to suggest that the defendants knew that the passages in question were false, or acted in reckless disregard of their falsity. There is evidence of record to suggest that there were obvious reasons to doubt the veracity of Peyton Manning's account of the incident in question. The court further finds that there is sufficient evidence to permit the conclusion that the defendants entertained serious doubts as to the truth of the passages in this case."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-suit_x.htm

i remember reading about the incident at Tennessee.....and it is hard to imagine Brady doing something like that

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back