PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King calls out Chad Jackson -- did I miss something!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
aabtec said:
what does it say that the Pats didn't catch this before drafting him ?

Don't know but what does it say about Urban Meyer given the fact the Pats went to FL to work Jackson out and the afterwards visit by Meyer, etc.?

How clear was his insight?

But all that aside, can you ever be sure how any 22 yr old is gonna act when they get that big, fat signing bonus?

Let's give him some time......and let the leaders lead, rookies mature and hurt heal.

Clonamery said:
Let's give him some time......and let the leaders lead, rookies mature and hurt heal.

Cheers..... :eat3:

Well said my friend, well said. :D

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Doesn't Peter King love the Patriots? I may be wrong but I thought he did. If so, he must have been fed this by someone because he wouldn't risk losing his inside sources with the team. How come no one ever thinks of that? Why do we think all these things are made up, especially by someone like King? I personally don't like him but we can't deny that he's well connected around the NFL. I have to believe this was told to him by someone. Why does the world hate Chad Jackson? Where is this theory coming from? Now everyone in the media hates Chad Jackson and wants to make him look stupid? I'm just not buying it. The guy played against the Jets, practiced all last week, practiced all this week yet he was inactive for the Broncos game. That doesn't dound like people making things up to me. It sounds like the real story getting leaked out.

Actually it was reported that Chad Jackson missed portions of practice leading up to the Broncos game.

Put me in the camp of people who feel like there is some substance to these rumors about Jackson--there are just too many of them coming from too many places.

Between this and the "best 45" quote it feels like the Patriots (esp. Brady and BB) are calling him out. Gently. The message to him is that if you don't put football and your teammates first you are not going to see much of the field in the next four years.

I definitely don't think anyone's writing him off just yet. He went from college student to millionaire in a matter of months and some immaturity is to be expected.

I think this is a wake-up call and I think he's going to wake up.

desi-patsfan said:
Also calling out Chad Jackson is the easy way out isnt it? The pats played poorly, instead of attacking the superstar franchise QB, attack the WR with immense potential that hasnt played alot yet.

It's like Mike Reiss said, if Tom Brady is the biggest problem this team has on its hands go ahead and start ordering your super bowl tickets.

However quirky king is he has some of the best conections in the entire NFL.

If he said something like that there is a VERY good chance there is something to it...

And if he did know, by sugesting it subtly he gets accross his point without compromising his source...

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Harrison and Bruschi are also two leaders on this team. And this just in, I believe Harrison may be black himself.

Just as an FYI, the reporter didn't say that Harrison talked to him. He said that Harrison would probably give him a talking too in the lockerroom the next day.

Stereotyped because he is a " young black wide receiver"?
Are'nt like 90% of the wideouts in the league black?
I guess they're ALL in trouble.
I'm scratching my head.

BradyManny2344 said:
Geez. I hate to play the race card, b/c normally its way off base, but I'm sorry, Peter King and all the other clowns calling out Chad Jackson are racist whether they know it or not.
Racism is ugly, but irresponsible claims of others being racist is even uglier.

Last edited:
Add me to the camp that doesn't think King is talking out his ass. He has always had a good relationship with Brady, Tom even gave him that exclusive interview during the Deion saga, and it sounds like he still has an inside track with Brady. I don't think he would risk that relationship over some speculation.

Jacksons name has come up in negative regard a few times now, and not just from King. Where there is smoke......

BTW. The jackazz that thought Kings take on the situation is a racial sterotyping of Jackson, is too ignorant to realize that manner of thought is ACTUALLY racist in and of itself.

BradyManny2344 said:
Thanks, pal - I have no problem with being in the minority on this one, as the majority isn't often that right.

I'll stay out of this thread the rest of the way, and leave you people to your naive, color-blind, delusional world where black and white athletes are judged completely equally. :rolleyes: This was like having a conversation with Dennis and Callahan.

To: BradManny2344
You're a ****. If you're black, you're a black ****. If you're white, you're a white ****. Either way.... Now back to our scheduled programming.

thewaylifeshouldbe said:
Jacksons name has come up in negative regard a few times now, and not just from King. Where there is smoke......
Hopefully this will NOT become another Bethel Johnson scenario! :eek:

MoLewisrocks said:
I think he's in the dog house. Perhaps his hammie is also not fully healed too, but perhaps the HC feels it would be further along if the kid were more singlemindedly focused on making it so all week for the last several weeks.

Let's call it 'Bethel Johnson syndrome'. WTF is it with WRs, anyhow?

EDIT: whoops! I missed the above post!

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
Let's hope it's the Ellis Hobbs Syndrome. After not getting on the field the first half of last yr, even tho the team desparately needed to get Starks off of it, Ellis finally got with the program and made a big contribution.

Last edited:
BradyManny2344 said:
Right - OK, but there is NOTHING in Peter King's comments that have the hint of being informed - they are merely his opinion. An opinion based on a stereotype. They are assuming that Chad Jackson is like other WRs before him. It's a faulty assumption. So far, you've stated nothing in your arugment other than "you are an idiot", which is pretty mature.

Except that Peter King has a track record and a lot of inside sources.

Let's try this instead: there is NOTHING in BradyManny2344's comments that have the hint of being informed - they are merely his opinion. An opinion based on a stereotype.

That's a lot more factual.:D

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Casale saw something at a charity event and said the following on the radio, "I won't go into everything because I was there for my job but a lot of people weren't happy with him. Let's just say that Harrison and Bruschi probably had a long talk with him the next day."

1. Why would he make that up? If he did, I'm sure Belichick and the Krafts would have a big problem with it seeing that he works directly for the Patriots.

2. Are you saying he made this up because Chad Jackson was black and he wouldn't have said anything if it was Garrett Mills?

Exactly. And King dug up that month old incident, put it together with his opinion that Johnson should have been playing and made a story. That's what "sports journalists" do, 2+2=5.

It's most likely BB held out the two receivers with hammies because the field was slippery.

Just doesn't make such a good story.

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:

EDIT: whoops! I missed the above post!

Well Chad's main rival has been arrested twice since the draft, T.O.'s tried to commit suicide and Neon, who drew penalties for his excessive juvenile antics
early in his career, screwed his team and team mates in an illegal money grab this season.

Chad's looking pretty stable compared to that lot.

Jackson is probably partying with his new money. He's a kid and it's up to the vets to stabalize him. I just hate seeing them being hurt as a team because of it. Without Jackson, we probably would've lost vs. the Jets. Clearly BB won't put up with anything even if it hurts the team. Not putting in Hobbs last year may have cost us a win or two, homefield, and led to a playoff loss. Priorities priorities.

BradyManny2344 said:
Why is it ludicrous? Do you really think that if Chad Jackson were a white tight end who pulled a hammy and missed 4 games we'd be having this discussion?

Keep dreaming. The media is putting a label on Chad Jackson which it has put on past wide receivers who they have decided he must be like - one of those factors is his race.

Buddy...get over it. The kid has a world of talent and he's done nothing with it (yet). Everyone wants to see Chad play and King is calling him on it. Has nothing to do with his race. Sounds like you need some anger management courses in the meantime:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back