PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King calls out Chad Jackson -- did I miss something!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BradyManny2344 said:
B/c Jackson is a black wide receiver, yes, media memebers are assuming he fits a stereotype and are making claims without basis.

Oh my god, this isn't that big a deal or that much of a leap.

He was there and saw him acting like a jerk, as did players like Harrison and Bruschi. I don't get your point. He saw this happen and is picking on him because he's black without basis, even though he was there? Great point. You said that people make claims without basis and then you go out and call media members racist for reporting what they see. We have a word for that. It's called hypocrite. Actually, there's another one but I'm not allowed to post it on this board.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
Let's forget race here for a minute and focus on the guy's position. WRs are the biggest divas in football, and more than any other position are known to be a distraction. Receivers aren't also known to have the greatest work ethics either. From this alone it doesn't seem that big of a leap to guess that Chad is getting in the way of himself playing.

That said, Kings words are way too strong to be a guess. He either knows something or it's that time of the month.

This was my point - largely ignored by others, granted I might have overplayed the race card, but everyone else was more than ready to focus on that - b/c he is a WR, they have put a label on him, as you have here. And I don't see that as fair.

I'm happy to forget race and say its King thinking Chad Jackson is like other wide receivers - and him pinning him that stereotype. Either way, I don't think King has any information, but is just putting in his 2 cents when he needn't necessarily. Let's let Chad Jackson's play do the talking.

Just when you think you have seen the dumbest posters on this board, here comes BradyManny2344.

I don't agree with King. I think if King is going to make that type of comment he needs to back it up with something. He's a jerk because he didn't.

But, to make the leap that BradyManny2344 did, is just plain dumb.

Last edited:
I'm Ron Borges? said:
You said that people make claims without basis and then you go out and call media members racist for reporting what they see.

There's a difference between racism and just merely saying something prejudicial or having a reaction to someone based on superficial reasons. To Felger, King, those guys, Chad Jackson FITS A STEREOTYPE.

If Peter King has any reason to say his comments besides a reaction to a stereotype, then fine, so be it. But have we seen any proof he has? Other than Bruschi and Harrison thought he was "acting stupid". Bruschi and Harrison are middle aged men, I'm sure there's a billion things a 22 year old Chad Jackson can do that they would deem stupid.

To get back on the topic of why Jackson didn't play last week.....it may be because of behavior or it may not. My take is that with hamstring injuries things take time. Not re-aggravating it was probably on the coaching staff's minds, especially considering that they had Gabriel on the team. Granted, he had an injury as well, but his maturity and game experience may have made him a better choice than Jackson for that game. Jackson missed most of camp and it wouldn't surprise me if he needs some extra time to get on the same page as the rest of the offense. Playing against the Jets is one thing....Denver is a completely different story.

Forget racism - it's the wrong angle on this.

King would not write something like this if there weren't something to it. I hope we don't have another Bethel on our hands.

BB held him out last week to teach him a lesson. All we can pray is that he learned it.

PATSNUTme said:
Just when you think you have seen the dumbest posters on htis board, here comes BradyManny2344.

I don't agree with King. I think if King is going to make that type of comment he needs to back it up with something. He's a jerk because he didn't.

But, to make the leap that BradyManny2344 did, is just plain dumb.

Thanks, pal - I have no problem with being in the minority on this one, as the majority isn't often that right.

I'll stay out of this thread the rest of the way, and leave you people to your naive, color-blind, delusional world where black and white athletes are judged completely equally. :rolleyes: This was like having a conversation with Dennis and Callahan.

Last edited:
BradyManny2344 said:
There's a difference between racism and just merely saying something prejudicial or having a reaction to someone based on superficial reasons. To Felger, King, those guys, Chad Jackson FITS A STEREOTYPE.

If Peter King has any reason to say his comments besides a reaction to a stereotype, then fine, so be it. But have we seen any proof he has? Other than Bruschi and Harrison thought he was "acting stupid". Bruschi and Harrison are middle aged men, I'm sure there's a billion things a 22 year old Chad Jackson can do that they would deem stupid.

Harrison and Bruschi are also two leaders on this team. And this just in, I believe Harrison may be black himself.

I think King is racist towards Florida receivers. Let's face it, Florida receivers have always been the bottom of the barrel and it is only safe to presume that the latest edition, Chad Jackson, will be as awful. That was the only stereotype King had in mind. Them and PSU RB's ignoring Larry Johnson who of course has the benefit of sharing the name of a great UNLVer

Wasnt it the teams decision to play or sit him last Sunday?

Doesn't Peter King love the Patriots? I may be wrong but I thought he did. If so, he must have been fed this by someone because he wouldn't risk losing his inside sources with the team. How come no one ever thinks of that? Why do we think all these things are made up, especially by someone like King? I personally don't like him but we can't deny that he's well connected around the NFL. I have to believe this was told to him by someone. Why does the world hate Chad Jackson? Where is this theory coming from? Now everyone in the media hates Chad Jackson and wants to make him look stupid? I'm just not buying it. The guy played against the Jets, practiced all last week, practiced all this week yet he was inactive for the Broncos game. That doesn't dound like people making things up to me. It sounds like the real story getting leaked out.

Last edited:
Until proven otherwise Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson
I hope this weekend it is proven otherwise.

Sheeeeeesh, not only that, but I'm beating the snot out of him in "Pick against Peter King".

DCPatriot said:
Peter King has not explained why he called out Chad Jackson, which naturally makes us wonder why he wrote it. But before you guys start spitting at each other's avatars, you should listen to the SI radio clip (on SI.com) by Peter King, in which he discusses a conversation and e-mail exchange with Brady. At the end, he reiterates again his criticism of Chad Jackson. Now, if you are predisposed to assuming Peter King and the media are all biased against black wide receivers, this will not convince you of anything. To me, it means he knows something he promised to keep in confidence. Keeping confidences is how you keep sources, and Peter King is plugged in. If true, this is obviously not good. Yet, someone on the Pats likely told King for a reason, and that reason is related to Chad.

I agree and also think it is a great thing that King called him out, the offense as a whole has looked lifeless and pathetic. Anything that helps light a fire under these guys works for me. Whether there is a problem of not these types of statements from a one of the leading reporters in the sport who writes for national publication should be enough to embarrass Jackson and provide incentive to get back on the field.

Hard to read the mind of BB but in one of the training camp press conferences he was asked what Jackson has been able to show them and if he was able to study the playbook while recovering from his injury. It peaked my attention when BB responded "He hasn't shown us much, lets leave it at that".

If he is hurt then it doesn't matter one way or the other, if he has not been able to get it together then this is a much needed wake up call. The days of sleeping through class and playing Madden all day are long gone, I miss those days too, welcome to life in the NFL rookie.

DCPatriot said:
Peter King has not explained why he called out Chad Jackson, which naturally makes us wonder why he wrote it. But before you guys start spitting at each other's avatars, you should listen to the SI radio clip (on SI.com) by Peter King, in which he discusses a conversation and e-mail exchange with Brady. At the end, he reiterates again his criticism of Chad Jackson. Now, if you are predisposed to assuming Peter King and the media are all biased against black wide receivers, this will not convince you of anything. To me, it means he knows something he promised to keep in confidence. Keeping confidences is how you keep sources, and Peter King is plugged in. If true, this is obviously not good. Yet, someone on the Pats likely told King for a reason, and that reason is related to Chad.
Got a link to that? I might be looking right past it but I can't find it on SI's web site.

Edit: Just found it. Video clip from HBO. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vi...o/peter_king/2006/09/28/king.corner.brady.hbo

BradyManny2344 said:
Hamstring injuries take time. How is that hard to understand?

Geez. I hate to play the race card, b/c normally its way off base, but I'm sorry, Peter King and all the other clowns calling out Chad Jackson are racist whether they know it or not. If Chad Jackson were a quiet white guy, it wouldn't be an issue, and the media would just acknowledge the guy is injured. Instead, the media assumes he has an attitude problem. Because of a) his race b) the position he plays, the analysts are making some completely off-base prejudiced opinion on what Chad Jackson is like. I'm sorry, that's what this is, it's been going on all season, and I'm just calling it out now, but that's my take on it.

Oh, please..stop with the racist crap. Jackson needs to get on the football field. He needs to get on the field.

SoonerPatriot said:
I think King, like a lot of people, are speculating Jackson didn't play Sunday because of some other reason than an injury.

Assuming for a moment that is the case, what does that say about Jackson if he can't even be the No. 3 WR with this crew of WR's? This isn't exactly a great group of receivers like you see in Cincy or Arizona. One would think a 2nd round draft pick with plenty of credentials and talent coming in could "be one of the best 45" (to borrow BB's line) and actually get on the field during a big game.

what does it say that the Pats didn't catch this before drafting him ?

I can't wait to laugh at the doubters. CJ will be fine...

PonyExpress said:
I can't wait to laugh at the doubters. CJ will be fine...

I think he will be fine, he has a lot of talent and the guys in the locker room to help him get there. Hopefully Troy and Doug help him to understand where he needs to be mature wise and he corrects whatever it is that he is doing wrong.

With that said I hope he gets his ass on the field this week and catches another TD...or two.

Last edited:
Immaturity seems to be the hallmark of wide receivers everywhere. But it's unlikely to last on this team, I would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back