PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per Howe - Pats are not shopping Gilmore

If Jackson were to leave, what better mentor if the Pats take a DB with a high pick.

Before free agency I would’ve said we might as well trade him. But we’re trying to build a great defense, having Gilmore here would be very important for us.

Good, keep him... he is still their best player on D. He has a few good years left in him. I love JC but I would rather keep Gilmore.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Well then he’s gotta be getting a raise because he’ll hold out.

Good, keep him... he is still their best player on D. He has a few good years left in him. I love JC but I would rather keep Gilmore.
If he’s not being dealt then the next order of business will be an extension since Gilmore isn’t keen on playing this season under his current salary. Otherwise we risk losing him next offseason. Hope it all works out.

If he’s not being dealt then the next order of business will be an extension since Gilmore isn’t keen on playing this season under his current salary. Otherwise we risk losing him next offseason. Hope it all works out.
You think he would quit?

Well then he’s gotta be getting a raise because he’ll hold out.
where does this narrative come from? did he said that? if so, please show the interview or quote from Gilmore that he is holding out (after he got something like 65M in 5 years paid out and is coming from a serious injury)

I have to agree, I haven't seen any posts from GIlmore at all. I assume he would love to get an extension and get paid more, but the only place I have seen him being linked to holding out, or not playing for $7m is from posters on this board.

Extend that man...

He will not have to hold out because BB will address the market value gap. Would be great to have Gilmore and Jackson back.

If this is coming out does this mean that we are?
I don't trust it either.

Pats are taking calls but aren't shopping him. Big difference. They want Gilly for $7m. Who wouldn't? Trading him makes no sense...to them. I think they want to throw a couple of bucks at him but not top dollar.

By feeding Howe they are trying to get Gilly to tell Mrs Gilly to chill. Kinda like Jules telling Pumpkin to tell Honneybunny to chill in the diner.

Kelce finished the game with three catches for 23 yards and a touchdown. After his third quarter score, he was held without a catch when the coaching staff put Gilmore on him. For the cornerback, it wasn't even a big challenge.

"I was just able to adjust. It's easier because I'm used to covering fast guys," Gilmore said. "He's not really fast. It's easier for me."

The pats have one of a handful players in the league that can shutdown Kelce 1 v 1. They have one of the best matchups for Hill in Jonathan Jones.

Without a viable WR2 Gilmore will probably be covering Kelce more often. This defense is made for the Chiefs as evidenced by the last two matchups. They have little choice but to extend Gilmore when you have these matchup advantages over the main competition in the conference.

You think he would quit?
Mike Giardi speculates that Gilmore won’t play at $7m and that the team doesn’t expect him to either.

He’s on the last year of his five-year deal and coming off a season-ending injury. He’ll want some financial security and could possibly hold out until he does.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back