PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patton/Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoughingthePasser

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Are there any chances that we may sign Patton (WR) or Law (CB) again for this season? Any opinions?

You mean since you joined or over the last 3-4 months? :rolleyes:

Law is likely down to NE or KC and we will likely know which in the next week or two. Patten is under contract to the Redskins who have a pretty deep WR corps if everyone stays healthy through camp and the pre-season. If he were to be cut it would likely be at the tail end of the pre season - teams have cap space and there is nothing to gain by cutting a veteran player until you make it past that last pre season game unscathed. If he were cut at that late date this would be a logical landing point for him since we aren't deep at WR, he knows the system, and after a year of counting Snyders bonus $$$ he realizes how much he misses us.

RoughingthePasser said:
Are there any chances that we may sign Patton (WR) or Law (CB) again for this season? Any opinions?

Patton, sure, but the Redskins would have to cut him first.

Law, sure ,if our offer is accepted - chances are 50-50.

Go back and read all the threads about Law, you will find many. I hope the poster that reply to you after me do not go off on you too much. There are many posts addressing your questions below.

Good luck

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
You mean since you joined or over the last 3-4 months? :rolleyes:

Law is likely down to NE or KC and we will likely know which in the next week or two. Patten is under contract to the Redskins who have a pretty deep WR corps if everyone stays healthy through camp and the pre-season. If he were to be cut it would likely be at the tail end of the pre season - teams have cap space and there is nothing to gain by cutting a veteran player until you make it past that last pre season game unscathed. If he were cut at that late date this would be a logical landing point for him since we aren't deep at WR, he knows the system, and after a year of counting Snyders bonus $$$ he realizes how much he misses us.
Thanks for the response. Do you know the chances of the Redskins letting him go? I know it depends on the competition at the WR spot....wasn't he there last year? Are we allowed to make contact with his agent NOW?

fgssand said:
Patton, sure, but the Redskins would have to cut him first.

Law, sure ,if our offer is accepted - chances are 50-50.

Go back and read all the threads about Law, you will find many. I hope the poster that reply to you after me do not go off on you too much. There are many posts addressing your questions below.

Good luck
I don't care what they say-I have a hard time navigating through this site anyway and I like what some of the senior posters have to say. There's good input.

Does KC have the money to edge us out? Could we give Warfield back?

RoughingthePasser said:
Thanks for the response. Do you know the chances of the Redskins letting him go? I know it depends on the competition at the WR spot....wasn't he there last year? Are we allowed to make contact with his agent NOW?

Some pundits say there is a good chance he'll be cut for financial reasons because if he's little more than a 4th or 5th WR there he's too expensive. But players are seldom cut in the 2nd year of a deal where they got substantial bonus money because you just don't save that much. The Redskins claim they are not contemplating releasing him because they value his veteran leadership on a young squad as well as his on field potential if he's healthy. So who knows... and we cannot talk to any player under contract ever. Although it's never a stretch to assume that players and teams send each other coded messages from time to time via other players they remain friends with. Anything more than that though violates the collective bargaining agreement and you could be charged with tampering.

RoughingthePasser said:
I don't care what they say-I have a hard time navigating through this site anyway and I like what some of the senior posters have to say. There's good input.

Does KC have the money to edge us out? Could we give Warfield back?

We need to all hoipe that Priest Holmes is feeling well - if so, I do not think KC will be able to afford Ty Law. KC also has some serious negotiating of their own to do with some key players, such as their little know tight end.

I guess its all about the money then.....too bad-I was hoping Ty may have wanted to come back and play with his friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is and it isn't. Ty is one of the many guys in the league who measure respect in dollar signs. That said, his kids are in NE (commuting costs and quality time), he owns a home here (which he reportedly took off the market several weeks ago after it hadn't sold in over a year), and he likely does want to play with his friends again. He commuted from NY last season where he didn't make any particular friendships on a doomed team, to watch MNF with his pals. But even a pal like Willie has moved on. Just because we don't think they need any more money doesn't mean they see it that way. Some of them are like a family investment, supporting parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, cousins, highschool pals who didn't make it. And some also like to live in MTV cribs so....

Guys like Brady and Tedy and Rodney who really mean it when they talk about playing for the championship are the exception to the rule, and even they want a certain level of compensation to go along with more amd more rings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick