Patscap Podcast: Do I Care About The Patriots Possibly Going 19-0 This Season'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patscap Podcast: Do I Care About The Patriots Possibly Going 19-0 This Season'

Russ Goldman

In this episode, Miguel discussed if he cared about a possible 19-0 season for the Patriots. He also updated the current state of the cap for the Pats. Later on, he compared the Patriots 2007 team to this current team heading into Training Camp.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I care. If they never got as close in 2007 I would honestly care less. If they lost one vs the Ravens or Colts (both were close) in the regular season i honestly would have a different view of the whole thing.

But they went 18-0 and got an inch away and then it didn't happen. That to ME personally changes things. It to me brings in the factor of redemption as much as perfection. It is like why I cared so much about winning the SB in 2014 and 2016. Those particular years. It was not I didn't care about winning in other years cause of course I did but it felt a little more important. It felt like they had to prove something.

I feel that way about 19-0. It is about correct past mistakes and finishing what was started. Doing it 10 years later would have a certain significance. Also I want the Giants. Give me 18-0 and put them against that team again. That to me would be the ultimate in a lot of ways. Some fans would rather not be in that spot cause of fear of what a loss would mean. I would say "well, then they just have to win don't they?".

Also if this team stays healthy they will go 19-0.

I'll start investing in 19-0 hype sometime around week 15. Until then, one game at a time. If you always win the next one you go 19-0 after all.

I couldn't possibly care less. Just win the last game of the season. If you go 19-0 in the process? Cool. But just get Lombardi number six.

My sarcasm meter is in the shop, so help me out here guys, are you being for real? Cuz I mean 18-1 and a Superbowl victory isn't going to "crush" yours truly.

If you're going to insult me, you could at least answer my question.

I really don't care if we go 9-7 and make it in as a wild card team (although I don't prefer that way). As long as I see this at the end of the season, I will be one happy dude!!

GTY_Tom_brady_lombardi_mm_150202_16x9_992.jpg

I will hate the whole discussion of 19-0...

...right up until they actually do it, and then it will be the most awesome thing ever. LOL

It would be the icing on the cake for me but I'm happy enough with the cake if it doesn't happen

Awesome job, as usual @Miguel and Russ. Hope you continue to heal up re: the recent eye issue.

I think it's great to see so much available cap space, which will likely be carried over to 2018. I fully expected it this year.

Thanks again for the excellent podcast. Like many others, I would fall into the 68% who don't care about 19-0. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind should it be week 15 or something. ;)

It would be the cherry on the whipped cream on the hot fudge on the ice cream on the icing on the cake. Win the last game and play more than 16. I think the 2002 team won the last game of the season.

I really don't care if we go 9-7 and make it in as a wild card team (although I don't prefer that way). As long as I see this at the end of the season, I will be one happy dude!!

Q: What is the only 9-7 team to win the Super Bowl
A: The 2011 New York Giants

Kill me now

GTY_Tom_brady_lombardi_mm_150202_16x9_992.jpg

No wild card! I want 3 Games to Glory 6, not 4 Games to Glory 1.

:firstworldpatsfansproblems:

Regards,
Chris

All I care about is 3 wins and 0 losses in "The Tournament"...

As always my preseason prediction has increased as this team will win between 13 & 14 games this season..

If we do get to 16 wins and enter the tournament, then Mercury Morris will then ascend from his drug induced crypt and make some noise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back