PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Broncos week 6 pre-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want a 1st victim in the NFL?

Are you serious? HaHa

The youngest guy who perished was a 28 year old Sumo Wrestler who was 400 pounds. The rest of the Athletes on your list are elderly men in their 70s,80s and 90s who havent seen a pair of running shoes or a barbell for 2 decades. Izzy Mandelbaum.

What Athlete who is relevant today has died from covid? They cant be in the encyclopedia already.

Are you serious? HaHa

The youngest guy who perished was a 28 year old Sumo Wrestler who was 400 pounds. The rest of the Athletes on your list are elderly men in their 70s,80s and 90s who havent seen a pair of running shoes or a barbell for 2 decades. Izzy Mandelbaum.

What Athlete who is relevant today has died from covid? They cant be in the encyclopedia already.

The league is not terribly worried about the athletes dying necessarily. However, the players are worried about getting Covid and giving it to a loved one who is vulnerable to the illness. That is, unless you ban the players from interacting with their parents and grandparents...

Again, let's not get into arguing about the severity of the pandemic.
So, nobody in North America.
Again, we're barely 5 weeks into the season and players were pretty well isolated. I've said this previously but statistically, the numbers put up the possibility of at least one player having complications and suffering a negative outcome. There's also the risk to coaches since many fall into that higher risk category and they deal with the players directly on a day-to-day basis. That's why the league is taking precautions and being careful because they're obligated to protect them. If in a year, no one has suffered a negative outcome, great. But it's a little early to declare things are fine given that the players/coaches are all just getting started. Everyone is different and the NFL is certainly not the same as most sports. Not many 260lb-300lb+ players in the MLB/NBA/NHL, etc.

Last edited:
I will say that we’ll sort of learn something about this team on Sunday and feel like a decisive win should be in order. Good teams are supposed to beat up on inferior teams and I guess we’ll find out if that’s true this weekend.

Last edited:
This Paul Quessenberry character. Is he any good or is he just a navy guy BB wants to keep around? I'd really like us to get another James Develin type fullback. At the very least an upgrade from Jakob Johnson.
Develin was undoubtedly one of the most underrated players on the roster the last few years. Especially with Sony (from my limited watching of games) seemingly needing a lead blocker. Losing him at the end of preseason a few years back was a big loss.

Melvin Gordon officially ruled out

The Broncos offense cant throw the ball and NEs strength is its pass defense. Denver has been able to run the ball with Gordon who will play because Denver would be crazy to sit him. Lindsay has played 1 game and has 24 yards to date. The Pats will direct additional resources to its run defense.

The Broncos run defense is good, but NE is ranked 3rd in rushing the ball. The Broncos pass defense is vulnerable, so I see the Pats taking advantage there and getting the NE pass offense numbers up. The Pats need lots of work in the passing offense.

The Pats will come out sluggish after the layoff like always, but I highly doubt that NE loses this game.

The Broncos offense cant throw the ball and NEs strength is its pass defense. Denver has been able to run the ball with Gordon who will play because Denver would be crazy to sit him. Lindsay has played 1 game and has 24 yards to date. The Pats will direct additional resources to its run defense.

The Broncos run defense is good, but NE is ranked 3rd in rushing the ball. The Broncos pass defense is vulnerable, so I see the Pats taking advantage there and getting the NE pass offense numbers up. The Pats need lots of work in the passing offense.

The Pats will come out sluggish after the layoff like always, but I highly doubt that NE loses this game.
Gordon is out

Wrong. What is your source on that?

I go to the gym everyday. They have zones you reserve. The zones are literally about 200sq ft and only 1 person is allowed in said zone per hour. They also have basically 1 cleaner cleaning 3 zones, solely focused on that area. Don’t go to cheap ass gyms and you should be okay.

I bet that fool was out sucking face with a nasty the night he go drunk a drive home.

honestly, strep throat can be super nasty for an athlete. Some people can’t eat for almost two weeks. I lost 27lbs in 12 days when I had it about 10 years ago. My fathers a surgeon and all his knowledge and meds, really offered little help. Protein shakes did nothing for my Athletic physique. All liquid diet deteriorated my body at a rate like I have never seen.

• Wow!
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes